Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #1

Traveling thru a quarantine state with FL tags

We depart Friday for a 30 day stop in Michigan. Our route from FL takes us through KY and OH. We won't stop in KY except for fuel but we have a 2 night stay at a state campground in OH. Both OH and KY have 14 day quarantine requests in effect.
We will have been out of FL for 9 days when we arrive in OH.

Can anybody shed any light on this.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Their state, their rules.

Be safe. We are not travelling for now,

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Contact the campground and ask them. Some states have exceptions for RV parks since you are basically quarantined in your own home anyway.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #4

We just got home from road trip. Spent the one night at Wal-Mart. No problems and never had to leave the motorhome.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:19 PM   #5

Been in NY all summer with my FL. tagged car, truck and motorhome.

Took a quick trip to PA last month to pick up some stuff in storage.

There's nobody out there checking, just try to follow the rules and be safe.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:24 PM   #6

Thanks twinboat, good to hear.
I'll give the CG a call as Lt Dan suggested.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:41 PM   #7

Been traveling since July 1st. No issues traveling from FL up to VT and now in ME. Social distancing the whole time with little contact with the local folks. The interactions I have had are all positive and folks are appreciative of the visits to support their businessís. Heading back to FL at end of the month with some hesitation due to the increasing cases in FL and the potential hurricane in near future but I have prior engagements I canít reschedule or I would extend my time on the road.
SpaceCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Traveled in late April from NJ to FL. Traveled in late May from FL to NJ. Traveled in early June from NJ to CA. Traveled in late June from CA to WY to NJ. Traveled last week from NJ to MD and back. All in an RV with FL tags.

Zero problems and zero enforcement of road travelers.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVThere View Post
Traveled in late April from NJ to FL. Traveled in late May from FL to NJ. Traveled in early June from NJ to CA. Traveled in late June from CA to WY to NJ. Traveled last week from NJ to MD and back. All in an RV with FL tags.

Zero problems and zero enforcement of road travelers.
Seems my jr high civics classes taught, among other rights, that US citizens have a right to travel to and through all states and that right can not be infringed without due process. So they may stop you at the border to remind you about quarantine requirements as Florida did a few months ago, but they can not prevent you from traveling. So, nothing to enforce.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
Seems my jr high civics classes taught, among other rights, that US citizens have a right to travel to and through all states and that right can not be infringed without due process. So they may stop you at the border to remind you about quarantine requirements as Florida did a few months ago, but they can not prevent you from traveling. So, nothing to enforce.

You might need a refresher..

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-j...s-other-states
Old 07-27-2020, 07:24 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
We left Florida in late May, went through probably 15 states on the way through Idaho, Montana, Oregon to Nevada, Utah and then back east on route 80. Nobody bothered us until we got to a campground in NY. Filed on-line with NY and got a clean bill of health that I showed to the campground. No problem. The police have better things to do and just won't do anything.

Now other states have NY like limitation and forcing you to be a travel accountant, keeping track of where and when. Getting complicated. No state that I know of cares if you visit a quarantine state for less than 24 hours.

enjoyed the trip...will do it again. Covid or not!
Sbrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
You might need a reading comprehension course. Nothing in your linked article discussed preventing travel into or through a state. It talked about self-quarantine requirements, which is what I mentioned as well.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
We have been traveling thought out the SW (Texas, AZ, NM, UT and Co with no problems with our FL tags. But we have been basically self isolating since March.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ags, tags, travel