Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2020, 01:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubirose View Post
Instead of people wearing masks to prevent getting sick, I think it would be wiser to wear gloves in public places, either throw away rubber gloves or if in colder climates your little cotton gloves. Hand sanitizer when done, wash hands when you get home.
The CDC yesterday advised that well people wearing masks don't keep the virus from affecting them. It's people who have the virus who should be wearing the masks.

They advised to just do what you should be doing anyway.... washing your hands; don't touch your face with your hands; staying home if you're sick and not rushing to the ER if you have flu symptoms. Stay home.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2020, 01:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I am suspecting some of the the people that have been diagnosed as having coronavirus in the US that has not contact with anyone from infected countries have the Flu instead. Everyone is jumping to conclusions to fast that if someone has a fever they have the virus. The media (as usual) is not helping any.
As amazing as this might sound, they have laboratories that can tell the difference between two different viruses. There is a pretty well defined testing protocol to determine the type of virus involved in an illness. Covid-19 is the name of the disease that you contract from this virus, which has been named the SARS-CoV2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2). Yes, SARS.

It's always awesome when someone spreads misinformation while simultaneously blaming the media for doing the same.

We have a trip planned for the end of this month, but depending on the spread of the virus by then and whether our destination sees an outbreak we might cancel it. Not too likely but it's already spreading fast.

Also was starting to look at a Glacier/Yellowstone trip this summer, but crowds of tourists from around the nation and world doesn't sound like an environment I want to visit.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #17
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Great time to buy! Amazing how the American news media can create fear.

way to early, unless your playing another way.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyCamper View Post
As amazing as this might sound, they have laboratories that can tell the difference between two different viruses. There is a pretty well defined testing protocol to determine the type of virus involved in an illness. Covid-19 is the name of the disease that you contract from this virus, which has been named the SARS-CoV2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2). Yes, SARS.

It's always awesome when someone spreads misinformation while simultaneously blaming the media for doing the same.

We have a trip planned for the end of this month, but depending on the spread of the virus by then and whether our destination sees an outbreak we might cancel it. Not too likely but it's already spreading fast.

Also was starting to look at a Glacier/Yellowstone trip this summer, but crowds of tourists from around the nation and world doesn't sound like an environment I want to visit.
I have no doubt there are ways to check to see what a person has, but rural towns/counties do not have these facilities to do this.

My trip in a few weeks will be at the main touristy stops in Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota. Unless something drastically happens I will still be taking it. I plan on taking the same precautions I would take for a severe flu outbreak which is what the experts are recommending.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I have no doubt there are ways to check to see what a person has, but rural towns/counties do not have these facilities to do this.
You sure about that?
Old 03-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
You sure about that?
Yeah, very sure . . . The US Badly Bungled Coronavirus Testing (AAAS, Feb 28)
Old 03-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
For us just staying away from big crowds, which we generally do anyway and no flight plans this month.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
Wow, what a screw up!
Old 03-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #23

We have cancelled driving the bus to China or Milan.

Seriously, I am just going to activate my normal precautionary procedures from when we go on a cruise.

1. Wash hands frequently making sure to get the creases in the palms, with soap.
2. Stay away from coughing people.
3. Don't touch anything in public places unless you have to.
4. When you eat out, eat cooked foods.

And wait to see what happens. Seems like in the past potential big problems like the swine flu were not a big problem in the end.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #24

Don’t know about the rest of you, but I switched to Bud Light instead of that Corona stuff for the time being..
Old 03-01-2020, 06:50 PM   #25
OCM

I have it on good authority that Brown Liquor kills the virus de jour, be it Flu, SARS, Coronavirus, or Common Cold. Other symptoms may surface, such as slurred speech, loss of balance, and aggressive behavior. However these symptoms dissipate with bed rest, and black coffee. I have tried this for several years and can attest to it's healing properties.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCM View Post
I have it on good authority that Brown Liquor kills the virus de jour, be it Flu, SARS, Coronavirus, or Common Cold.

Wow. So those 3-4 oz of Bulleit 95 Rye I just drank may be saving my life right now? Sweet!
Old 03-01-2020, 07:24 PM   #27

We are boarding a cruise ship tomorrow and there will be additional medical screening being done for boarding (so we are told). This should be the safest cruise, flu risk wise that we have taken. At a 2% fatality rate, that's about 1 of 50 infected people that will die. I will not change my plans too much, not yet anyway.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:31 PM   #28

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
We are boarding a cruise ship tomorrow and there will be additional medical screening being done for boarding (so we are told). This should be the safest cruise, flu risk wise that we have taken. At a 2% fatality rate, that's about 1 of 50 infected people that will die. I will not change my plans too much, not yet anyway.
The fatality rate is nowhere near 2%.

Most cases of the corona virus will go undiagnosed because the symptoms are mild; just like the annual flu, which killed 10,000 this past season.
Closed Thread