Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #505

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK, Back on subject. Like many, my summer trips center around events. Big AKC dog show in Frisco calif area canceled and my RV mfg rally in Joseph Oregon canceled. Was also going to Sisters Or but all the shops and town could be closed. 2nd issue,,, do I want to be 1000 miles from home with all this going on, alone on the road with two 100+ pound dogs one is 9 years old? If I could find a nice place closer to home, So Cal, that wasn't 90+ deg in June-July that would be great. But the beaches are closed or packed. So I either suck it up and go or just stay home and run the AC. Fo now I am putting off a decision till the middle of May. I am sure I am not alone on that.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
If I could find a nice place closer to home, So Cal, that wasn't 90+ deg in June-July that would be great.
We really enjoy Hwy 395 in California to escape the heat.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #507

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have plans, on ice right now, for a Pacific NW trip this fall for a couple of months. In the mean time we'll stick within a a couple hundred miles of home in northern NM. Plenty to do in that area.

Otherwise, lots of deferred maintenance and projects around the house and the RVs are getting done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-25-2020, 05:42 PM   #508

I don't plan on any long trips until the country opens back up then I'm going to watch it for a few weeks before I make any long range plans.

I made an overnighter Thursday to a private campground and as thing open up, I'll make a few short ventures to some more secluded places.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:51 AM   #509

Trip /Lifestyle Changes Due to Coronavirus?

Well big changes for us mostly due to COVID-19. We are planning on building a house on our summer lot and staying home this year vs snowbirding.
After we can move in, the Kountry Star goes up for sale.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #510

I am hoping to take a 22 night trip to NW Arkansas and back home in June/July and a 25 night trip to Gatlinburg and back home in November. I am also hoping I can reschedule my huge trip to Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Montona, South Dakota for 2021.

If I am unable to take the huge trip in 2021 the Ventena LE 4037 will be going up for sale. I bought it to take longs trips in not sit in my driveway being an expensive sunshade for my house. We have already been talking about our next home and we hope we can find a house on a lake with a dock to fish off of.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:03 PM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I am hoping to take a 22 night trip to NW Arkansas and back home in June/July and a 25 night trip to Gatlinburg and back home in November. I am also hoping I can reschedule my huge trip to Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Montona, South Dakota for 2021.

If I am unable to take the huge trip in 2021 the Ventena LE 4037 will be going up for sale. I bought it to take longs trips in not sit in my driveway being an expensive sunshade for my house. We have already been talking about our next home and we hope we can find a house on a lake with a dock to fish off of.

Nobody come to Utah. The state parks are turning people away, because there has been a rush on them.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #512

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Well that sucks for Utah but not surprising.

As far as life style changes, here’s my top ten - this is early, but the following are looking good for us:

1. Baking our own bread

2. Home made cookies instead of that claptrap you get from stores

3. The vegetable garden. That is, the big vegetable garden!

4. Avoiding using USPS when ever possible - mailbox is a mile away and their service sucks!

5. Re-establishing and cultivating the orchard

6. Getting meat, eggs, and sausage from neighbors

7. Staying stocked up instead of just-in-time grocery shopping

8. No longer attending social functions we have no interest in other than being polite

9. More time at home, appreciating our land, home, animals, locals, etc

10. Spending more time outside, getting caught up on chores, and staying that way

Guess that’s enough for now. It’s on topic, pertinent, and may or may not be of interest to anyone.

Cheers!

Richard

PS - couple changes in the works:

Figure out a way to spend time with grandkids without catching what they are carrying

Beer on tap - seems to be the one thing we can’t keep in stock and so far don’t make at home

Possibly establishing a local co-op, food swap, farmers market down by the bridge. Just might work....
Old 05-02-2020, 09:48 PM   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Well that sucks for Utah but not surprising.

As far as life style changes, here’s my top ten - this is early, but the following are looking good for us:

1. Baking our own bread

2. Home made cookies instead of that claptrap you get from stores

3. The vegetable garden. That is, the big vegetable garden!

4. Avoiding using USPS when ever possible - mailbox is a mile away and their service sucks!

5. Re-establishing and cultivating the orchard

6. Getting meat, eggs, and sausage from neighbors

7. Staying stocked up instead of just-in-time grocery shopping

8. No longer attending social functions we have no interest in other than being polite

9. More time at home, appreciating our land, home, animals, locals, etc

10. Spending more time outside, getting caught up on chores, and staying that way

Guess that’s enough for now. It’s on topic, pertinent, and may or may not be of interest to anyone.

Cheers!

Richard

PS - couple changes in the works:

Figure out a way to spend time with grandkids without catching what they are carrying

Beer on tap - seems to be the one thing we can’t keep in stock and so far don’t make at home

Possibly establishing a local co-op, food swap, farmers market down by the bridge. Just might work....

Home brewed beer is challenging, but rewarding
Old 05-03-2020, 12:30 AM   #514

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
My neighbor is a chemist and retired master brewer from a major beverage company. He can make beer but says it’s too messy and devotes his efforts to award winning wines. And we both have vineyards. But we are talking about it.
Closed Thread