Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2020, 02:32 PM   #211

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tripping

Seems like a great time to go on a long RV trip. Fuel is cheap. Stay in your coach. Wipe before using gas pumps. Stay secluded. Enjoy nature and the open road.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
CORVID-19 Washington State
A web site updated at 2PM daily with a breakdown of confirmed cases and deaths by county.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
Since I heading to Washington State in April, I thought this would be a good source of information.

"So far, deaths have been reported mainly in older adults who had other health conditions."

They also mention that you are more likely to get the virus if you have been in contact with someone who has it.

Who knew, right?

So it just like everything including the flu.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:08 PM   #213

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSpor View Post
Well, not sure where all those posts are at and haven't kept up on this subject too much since I've been on vacation camping over the last week or so. However, we did return home and kind of caught up on all the hype and stuff. We decided we probably should restock on groceries and was shocked when we got to our usual grocery store. What a shock! People everywhere and almost every cash register and self-check out aisles were several-several people deep in line.

Apparently, there is no mad rush on cat food, as we had no problem there. The dairy aisle was still in good shape. It seemed the meat prices skyrocketed, so we decided on getting a couple extra caned Spams. Picked up a couple extra Progressive soups, but Ramon Noodles were completely out, but no problem, we still have a full case at home. Meanwhile, the gravy mix aisle was stocked really nice, as was bread, pastries, and canned fruits and vegetables. And frozen foods were in good shape. So, we got pretty much everything we needed, until we decided ... maybe we "should" get another package of toilet paper. So we went down that aisle, and .... um ... it was empty! Oh well. No big deal. I then realized why there was such a mad rush at the grocery stores.

... not everyone has a Bidet!

I made the comment standing in that LONG line at checkout that we were really in great shape on toilet paper, since we really didn't need any because we have a Bidet! I think 20 people turned around and stared at me with this horrified "deer caught in the headlight" look.

For what it's worth, we purchased 3 of them. Two for the house and one for the camper. Each one was $29.00 on Amazon.com. And since installing them, we haven't used a full roll of TP in over a month now!

So, if you want to get around the toilet paper rush, consider getting a Bidet. They are very easy to install, and I figured, since we've purchased the first one, we've more than saved $29.00 in TP alone!
I guess you don't have video of how it works

But I must know, what is temperature of the water that it squirts out? Seems like a good portion of the time it would be too cold?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-14-2020, 04:09 PM   #214

I tip my hat to Katie Porter. She should run for president.
Putting pressure on the head chief of the cdc to give free testing to all Americans........ shes a hero!
Old 03-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #215

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn John View Post
Wow, fear and panic is spreading like a wild fire. Leaving AL on the 31st and going home. No panic here and very little at home. After surgery we will head to the MS coast until this blows over. But I’m only 72, diabetic with copd. Shut off the news for a day and look around.
I keep hearing panic but have yet to see it? Empty shelves are a function of supply and demand. You don't think it is panic when shelves run out of Turkeys on Thanksgiving do you? The Supply Chains were not stocked for greater volumes of people demanding masks, alcohol, wipes or even toilet paper. Fear? Maybe that could actually be worded as concern? What do you think people are to think when one day we are told this is no issue and nothing to worry about; but we learn there is no cure and we are told that it will get worse. Mortality rate 10 times that Flu and more contagion. Add in the President of the US declares a National Emergency to spend 50 billion dollars? Something is about to happen. It does not have to be grave and probably will not be if everyone takes the precautions that are being prescribed by government officials & POTUS. For many that means staying at home for 2 weeks or so. To do so; that means more supplies are needed. Having to buy more supplies does NOT mean panic. The Federal government just ordered 5 million more masks, I don't see that as panic either. Hopefully we never need any of them, but if we do; it is called being smart for planning and being prepared... Not Fear & Panic.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-14-2020, 04:52 PM   #216

This report states these greedy clowns took a uhaul truck all over buying up 18,000 bottles of hand sanitizer, and were selling them on Amazon for up to 70 bucks. Amazon yanked there account, now they are having trouble selling them. This is a complete disgrace. These people should be ashamed of themselves. JMHO
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he...cid=spartanntp
Old 03-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #217

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They should be prosecuted, and with the various emergency declarations, they can be. This is profiteering, not mindless hoarding.

I’m reusing the few masks I have. Two years ago we needed two masks a day and hand sanitizer for wound care procedures, and that wouldn’t be easy to do today. Even the industrial respirators are in short supply.

In many ways this is worse than hurricane prep. When we’ve been hit I was able to drive 30 miles inland to pick up supplies and gas for the generator, and everything was back up in less than two weeks. Now everyone is being told to have 2-4 weeks supply stockpiled in case they have to go into self isolation or quarantine. I’m used to carrying a 1-2 month supply of meds when traveling, but never more than one week worth of food and other supplies.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
Old 03-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
..... shes a hero!
I might agree if she was putting herself in harms way or spending her own money.

If there is an irrational fear that prompts buying TP and bottled water, what will happen if there is free testing?
Old 03-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #219

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
This report states these greedy clowns took a uhaul truck all over buying up 18,000 bottles of hand sanitizer, and were selling them on Amazon for up to 70 bucks. Amazon yanked there account, now they are having trouble selling them. This is a complete disgrace. These people should be ashamed of themselves. JMHO

That is good story and it is these people that really emptying the shelves and in turn causing the ruckus for others when they try to buy. It is no different than when a corporation or entity has a monopoly and control the prices such as OPEC and oil providers. They simply decide how much money they wish to make and control the supply to effect the demand.

These people should be severely punished as they are putting the nation at risk and peril. Until I see regular shoppers rioting and looting; I don't see this as panic buying, but buying what they believe is needed that happens to be in short supply because of this National Emergency.

I heard this lady in our neighborhood complaining of others because all of the cases of water bottles were gone. She was livid as tro why because we have city water and it is plentiful. To which I say, why are you concerned that cases of water at a Wal Mart are gone then? If everybody picked up one case more than normal we would still have empty shelves. All of these items will soon be restocked as re-orders have been in place for weeks now. Will take some time for Supply chains to catch up and that is why those CEOs can't say when.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:40 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
I just talked to a relative who works in a local hospital. She reported when she got to work today, every hand sanitizer dispensing box they had out in the hallways attached to the walls for visitors to use had been broken into and the bag of hand sanitizer had been stolen. Every one of them on every floor. Then various doctors offices started reporting face mask and bottles of hand sanitizers were stolen from their offices as well.

Can you believe that? The police are investigating.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Old 03-14-2020, 06:47 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
I might agree if she was putting herself in harms way or spending her own money.

If there is an irrational fear that prompts buying TP and bottled water, what will happen if there is free testing?
What will happen if there is free testing? They will find more infected people and then be able to get control of this epidemic. Free is not a dirty word it means those who cant afford the test wont be overlooked. Im guessing you can afford the test good for you..... we are all affected and soon could be infected.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #222
laj

free is NOT free. somebody has to pay! might as well be the ones that want to use the service. [emoji848]
Old 03-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
free is NOT free. somebody has to pay! might as well be the ones that want to use the service. [emoji848]
Ya thats not selfish.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:03 PM   #224

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One person identified through a free test can prevent hundreds of additional infections. Free testing and treatment for this benefits everyone. Right now there is no vaccine and no proven treatment.
You might change your mind if you or a loved one becomes infected because someone else couldn’t afford to get tested and self-isolate.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
Closed Thread