Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2020, 12:43 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
...The death rate of the flu is .1%. ...That's 30 times more lethal than the flu. ...
More misinformation that border on fear mongering.

Next year we will know what the death rate for this years flu and scary sounding virus. It will vary by location and state.

I am 100% certain there will be no statistics for those traveling by RV unless we keep them.

Yesterday there was a post on this site about 3 deaths when when a tornado hit a RV park in Texas. According to the local news this morning, only one woman was hurt.

The point is to stay calm until you have more information.

I have lived in China and Spain. You do not want to get sick there. Population density is much different than the RV lifestyle.

An important question to ask your is how you want to live and die. I will keep traveling by RV as long as my health permits. As far as dying
goes, I would like it to be swift and left written instruction since there is a possibility of not being able to make decisions.

To be blunt, my risk is because of not being exposed. If I was in a nursing home or a hospital bed in the dinning room, waiting for the end to come; it is old age not something new.

It would be nice if the governor did not use it for a reason to ban going to church.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
In part for the same reasons rain/snow etc is forecast as a probability of rain, say 40%. That also means There's a 60% chance of no rain. I would not try reading anything deeper hidden meaning in why and how probability of events is made.

I read elsewhere an interesting thought on this virus. What Americans are being asked to do is one thing many already do quite well: Stay at home, sit on their butts and do nothing.
As I told my wife I have been practicing staying at home, sitting on my butt and watching TV for months instead of social interaction.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:50 PM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post

Next year we will know what the death rate for this years flu and scary sounding virus. It will vary by location and state.

I am 100% certain there will be no statistics for those traveling by RV unless we keep them.

Yesterday there was a post on this site about 3 deaths when when a tornado hit a RV park in Texas. According to the local news this morning, only one woman was hurt.

The point is to stay calm until you have more information.

I have lived in China and Spain. You do not want to get sick there. Population density is much different than the RV lifestyle.

An important question to ask your is how you want to live and die. I will keep traveling by RV as long as my health permits. As far as dying
goes, I would like it to be swift and left written instruction since there is a possibility of not being able to make decisions.

To be blunt, my risk is because of not being exposed. If I was in a nursing home or a hospital bed in the dinning room, waiting for the end to come; it is old age not something new.

It would be nice if the governor did not use it for a reason to ban going to church.
You are very correct about misinformation and fear but then end with the government is using this virus to keep people out of church........ what??
Old 03-15-2020, 01:00 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
or is there a special Bidet paper that you have to use to dry the water off your butt? I bet you use the same dispensers that was formerly used to store the toilet paper to dispense the special Bidet paper.

Since I brought up the Bidet, I guess I should explain that we do not use any special Bidet paper to dry our butts. What we do is, we have specific colorized wash cloths to do that. We have a hook in each bathroom for the "special" washcloth. Each bathroom has it's own color code, and the camper is of no difference. We have 8 wash cloths for each bathroom, including the camper. Use the wash cloth is no different than using a bath towel on the butt after taking a shower. Hang it, it dries. Next day, use a clean one. We wash them separate from the rest of our cloths. Maybe that's not necessary, but that's the way we do it.

If guests come and they want to use the Bidet, they are welcome to use regular TP to dry with. So far, we've not had any complaints, but some pretty inquisitive smiles when they come out of the bathroom!

And oh, about the temperature of the water! Yea! It's cold, especially during these winter months. The cold water encourages water conservation! But wow! does it feel refreshing!
Old 03-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #257

Quote:

Old 03-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #258

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
So this makes the percentage of people recovering is 96.5%. Is this correct? Why is the media only showing the amount of deaths and not the amount that has recovered?

I was the OP before this thread got blended and the title changed. I have 3 weeks to decide to go or not before I start losing deposit money.
I was an OP on a thread that ended up being blended into this one too. It’s really taking off - might even go....viral
Old 03-15-2020, 01:44 PM   #259

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
As I told my wife I have been practicing staying at home, sitting on my butt and watching TV for months instead of social interaction.
That’s kind of what I said “Social distancing? Not a problem”. And of course we aren’t going to run out of wine. In fact the only commodity I can’t seem to keep in stock is cookies. Might have to resort to baking my own - this really could become a crisis!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	706D9D95-BC8E-4B63-92F5-E937574C6866.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	278082  
Old 03-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #260

Quote:

Not to discus "religion" per se...

Fellowship and worship, although they often occur together, are not the same thing. What is being limited is in-person fellowship.

Only time will tell if it made a difference or not.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:18 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by botiemad View Post
Nope. I personally think that with just 164 reported cases in a country with 300M people, it is purely a media spread virus.

And 6 days later your at over 3000 in USA. Still just the media? Give it a week and see what the numbers are.
Oh yea Italy , which is 1 week into a lockdown, just had 368 deaths in 1 day, an increase of 25% ! In 1 day!
Pretty sure the virus doesn’t care what country your from as to how it affects people.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:25 PM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I agree completely with Itchytoe. RVers are amongst the very few who are lucky to be able to travel without being trapped sitting next to some coughing or sneezing person on a bus, train or plane. We don't have to wait in crowded security lines, or baggage claim areas. We don't have to sleep in a bed that a stranger occupied last night. RVing is the ideal way to travel in a Coronavirus world. You are almost self-quarantined the whole time, if you are careful to avoid crowded places. Traveling in an RV is just about as safe as staying home if you use common sense about your activities.

Take the trip.

This times 10!
Old 03-15-2020, 03:42 PM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCBT View Post
The short answer is yes, no then maybe. This is a global problem and quite serious as am sure many of you have read. We are from Ontario, crossed into the USA on Nov 9, 2019 on an adventure that has taken us to Myrtle Beach, Austin, Tucson, South Padre Island, Yuma, Phoenix, some in-between places and are now in Albuquerque (ABQ). All so beautiful, and so much to see and do, even in the off season locations. The balance of our route takes us to Memphis, Nashville, Robbinsville, NC, then back up to the NE with plans to cross back into the Great White North in early April. Given that many venues are deferred to the future or cancelled, we re-jigged our itinerary to extend our stay in ABQ and shorten others, especially Memphis and Nashville. The blues and country music visit will have to wait to another time. The return date then did not change - yet, so 'Yes' to the question if we have had to make trip changes, and 'No' to the same question as the overall adventure is not being shortened, rather visits to some venues are. By making these adjustments, we will be avoiding (large) crowds in centers best known for their entertainment value. The catch 22 - and there may be a few - is for some Snow Birds, they are being advised by their insurance companies, that if they are diagnosed with COVID-19, their (extended) insurance will not cover any health care expenses stating that COVID-19 'pre-existed'. The Canadian Snow Bird Association is investigating. Another fly in the ointment as it were, is there are ramblings in the press that borders being closed - with various exceptions. This seems to be focused primarily air travel from off-shore countries vs. ground travel between USA and Canada. As other posters have advised, we will stock up on items as required, be prudent with our presence in crowds and (re)adjust our schedule if/as required. Depending on the many factors beyond our control, we may be 'forced' to return home earlier than scheduled. So it is 'maybe' then that we have to shorten our trip.

We came home due to things being closed and warnings about the border. I think they’ll always allow Canadians back in but possibly add quarantine . I just felt uneasy staying longer. Our Blue Cross does cover this. Well did, due to USA being a travel warning, I can’t return under this policy now.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:50 PM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbiker45 View Post
Subject: Very helpful corona virus information from Stanford University Hospital Board

This information is from the Stanford hospital board. This is their feedback for now on Corona virus:

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days.

How can one know if he/she is infected?

By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning.

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If
you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort,*stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.

In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment
with clean air.

Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases:

Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry.

Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why?

Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach.

Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs.*That's very dangerous.

Please send and share this with family and friends.

Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon. *
Hopefully you have already seen this. That info is not from Stanford and not true. Stanford immediately sent out a presser saying it wasn’t them and the info within it wasn’t true. I also fell for it and passed it on. Fortunately almost simultaneously I got the news it was false and passed that a long.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:02 PM   #265

This is a trying time for everyone. And I believe, like many, that the worse is yet to come. Although I believe the news media can sometimes sensationalize their news, there is still some truth in their information. My wife and I love RVing, but may be changing our plans because of this pandemic. We are both in that age group that has the high mortality rate. We know this pandemic will pass, and things will get back to normal, but until then we would rater play it safe and remain at home. If we are to catch this illness we would rather be home than on the road in an unfamiliar area.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:22 PM   #266

Quote:
Since I heading to Washington State in April, I thought this would be a good source of information.

"So far, deaths have been reported mainly in older adults who had other health conditions."

They also mention that you are more likely to get the virus if you have been in contact with someone who has it.

Who knew, right?

So it just like everything including the flu.
Except people who have it with no symptoms can pass it on. That is the part that has me being more cautious. My Mom is 91. My sister is 78 with underlying issues. Same with my husband. We just returned from a trip from CA to FL to CA. Left Jan 17th. Didn’t have issues traveling, even return trip. But being home....San Jose...is a mess. We have enough stuff from our trip to last us for a a week, maybe 2. Just placed a delivery order for groceries. First available delivery is Thurs, the 19th. Really didn’t want to fight the store empty shelves, long lines. Sister said the store restocks at night but shelves empty by 7:30am. There is reason to be concerned, but the panic is ridiculous.
Closed Thread