Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2020, 04:27 AM   #337

Good morning the sun is about to rise again. Another beautiful day ......i might start the day by watching a movie.....no news....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2020, 05:12 AM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_n_T.D View Post
My husband Todd, was to begin retirement on April first, April fools day But we live in the Bay Area and have been told to shelter in place for 3 weeks. This has made today, Saint Patrick’s day, Day one of retirement. Hidden blessing I guess. We were supposed to begin our trip of a lifetime April 18th I spent HOURS PLANNING OUR ROUTE AND RESERVING SITES Sigh Now it’s all up in the air and I’m genuinely not sure how we will proceed. I too am interested in those who are full timers and how you are “moving forward” in this odd season we find ourselves in.
Congratulations on the first day of your new life! We’re not full timers but full time retirees who love to travel....we’re like all dressed up and no place to go also.....we’ve put our April trip on hold....disappointed but rather be stuck in 1600 sq ft than 400 sq ft....and I want to be home if either of us become sick. Looking forward to this situation subsiding so the July trip stays on the books. Be safe and healthy!
Old 03-18-2020, 07:08 AM   #339

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Good morning the sun is about to rise again. Another beautiful day ......i might start the day by watching a movie.....no news....

Good Advice, I may do the same thing.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:29 AM   #340

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot_ View Post
You are definitely part of the problem.

Yes, under "normal" circumstances hospitals wouldn't buy from Home Depot or Harbor Freight.

Our local children's hospital, Seattle Children's, is having a donation drive for masks, they'll take the cloth surgical masks, construction N95, anything. They are desperate.

If you had a choice between not wearing a mask to treat a patient with COVID-19, and wearing a construction N95, what would you do?

I hope you enjoy your masks!

[Mod Edit]

When I bought my masks from Harbor Freight 3 years ago when I needed to buy my masks for staining I did not have a choice.

[Mod Edit]

I don't live local to Seattle so I know nothing of local donation drive to Seattle.

I do know of supply chains and if masks are needed, the way to get is from the source, Mfgs, Retailers and from all of those still selling them today on ebay and amazon.[Mod Edit] I have extended family too and now with at least one relative with confirmed case of coronavirus.

I doubt I am the problem as I have been in this mode since January.

[Mod Edit]

Just so you know, we in the US have the capacity to produce 30 millions masks per month. If the powers to be so desired, everyone in Seattle could / should have masks. Taking shots at regular citizens who use the masks all time and have for their personal protection as somehow taking away from the sick is unproductive in time of crisis. When on a plane, you are taught to put your head mask on first before applying that to another including a child.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-18-2020, 07:42 AM   #341

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieW View Post
Here in the Seattle area, health professionals ARE in need of PPEs, including masks. The rules about which masks that can be worn by them has in fact changed and industrial N95 masks are acceptable because of the extreme need and shortage. If you don’t need to wear one, don’t and don’t stockpile masks. Doctors, nurses and others need them to stay safe so they can take care of people like you and me who may become sick.
Just so you know, the rule about what an Industrial N95 masks can do has not changed. I have been using for years. We were told lies from administration initially. These masks have always been capable of filtering 95% of all airborne particulates forever. They are not as good as N99 or N100s; but often used by simple everyday people. When you say stockpile that too is misleading as when a person typically orders these masks from Harbor Freight; it was pretty normal to get 50 (they can come in 50/pack). They are very cheap. i.e. a pack of 5 is $2.99

Having said all of that, (short the thieves / price gaugers etc.) I don't think it is productive nor accurate to blame public for purchasing masks that are readily available at any retail outlet. I know full well the severity of situation as anybody. In cases of National Emergency if so desired all inventories could be pulled from the shelves and inventories and secured by National Guard.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #342

Moab, AZ Shutdown

I have a reservation for Portal which has a very strict cancellation policy. With this notice does it mean that I am not allowed to stay there and they would be cancelling me instead of me cancelling them?

https://moabcity.org/551/COVID-19-In...on-and-Updates
Old 03-18-2020, 11:45 AM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I have a reservation for Portal which has a very strict cancellation policy. With this notice does it mean that I am not allowed to stay there and they would be cancelling me instead of me cancelling them?

https://moabcity.org/551/COVID-19-In...on-and-Updates
Assuming that this restriction/ban is still active during you the dates of your reservation, then yes, they would have to cancel you and refund you. Be sure to read the fine print on their website and take a screen shot of of their cancellation policy, in case they try to change their rules...
'95 Safari Serengeti 38', 300hp 6CTA8.3L Cummins, 6spd. Allison, Pac brake, Magnum chassis, Valvet Ride (torsilastic susp.), VW Jetta TDI toad, Big tripple bay window (from floor to ceiling cabinets)!!!
Old 03-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #344
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
When I bought my masks from Harbor Freight 3 years ago when I needed to buy my masks for staining I did not have a choice.

[Mod Edit]

I don't live local to Seattle so I know nothing of local donation drive to Seattle.

I do know of supply chains and if masks are needed, the way to get is from the source, Mfgs, Retailers and from all of those still selling them today on ebay and amazon.[Mod Edit] I have extended family too and now with at least one relative with confirmed case of coronavirus.

I doubt I am the problem as I have been in this mode since January.

[Mod Edit]

Just so you know, we in the US have the capacity to produce 30 millions masks per month. If the powers to be so desired, everyone in Seattle could / should have masks. Taking shots at regular citizens who use the masks all time and have for their personal protection as somehow taking away from the sick is unproductive in time of crisis. When on a plane, you are taught to put your head mask on first before applying that to another including a child.
Who is capable of producing those quantities in the US? And why aren't they?
Old 03-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
I'm not so sure. In Michigan the governor said groups of 250 or more, in my county there are confirmed cases but despite that...

I live on the water and a couple canals over is a marina, on Sunday they put up some huge tents and had an early St. Patrick's day party for 6 hours with at least a couple hundred people in the enclosed tents (it was very cold).

They did not seem able to figure it out for themselves probablly why everything is now closed.
Was this a church group? My point is about a group of people who gather to support each other and generally a small local area.

My sailboat is at a member run yacht club. Just got an email saying out next meeting is cancelled and we will do the necessary business which requires voting by email. This is a diverse group from a radius of 50 miles. Many of the members like me are old.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:22 PM   #346

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Who is capable of producing those quantities in the US? And why aren't they?
At my risk; & in hopes to avoid a Mod Edit, can I simply say that the person that has that authority just signed the order to do this effective today . If you take into account what is normal production that hopefully are all being commandeered to go where is needed first before showing up in a retail store, plus the increased production; hopefully supplies should soon be out of the equation; so we may all focus on what we all should be doing.

To add:

It is using the 1950 wartime law to expand the production of masks and protective gear to prevent the spread of the virus.

During interim:

... will make available up to 5 million N95 masks and other personal protective equipment from US strategic reserves.
"The first 1 million masks will be available immediately," ... also said they are prepared to distribute "up to 2,000 operational deployable ventilators.

the US is late to do this, but they are doing it now.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:37 PM   #347
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
At my risk; & in hopes to avoid a Mod Edit, can I simply say that the person that has that authority just signed the order to do this effective today . If you take into account what is normal production that hopefully are all being commandeered to go where is needed first before showing up in a retail store, plus the increased production; hopefully supplies should soon be out of the equation; so we may all focus on what we all should be doing.

To add:

It is using the 1950 wartime law to expand the production of masks and protective gear to prevent the spread of the virus.

During interim:

... will make available up to 5 million N95 masks and other personal protective equipment from US strategic reserves.
"The first 1 million masks will be available immediately," ... also said they are prepared to distribute "up to 2,000 operational deployable ventilators.

the US is late to do this, but they are doing it now.
I get the strategic supply but what manufacturer has the capability in the US that hasn't already ramped up production?
Old 03-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #348
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by followingsea View Post
Was this a church group? My point is about a group of people who gather to support each other and generally a small local area.

My sailboat is at a member run yacht club. Just got an email saying out next meeting is cancelled and we will do the necessary business which requires voting by email. This is a diverse group from a radius of 50 miles. Many of the members like me are old.
No, it was a bar open to the public holding a paid event in a community that has confirmed cases.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #349

When the tennis tournament in Miami and all the tournaments in April were cancelled last week I began my due diligence of canceling reservations we made for our trip to Florida and back up to Georgia. Some places, even with very restrictive cancellation policies like CB Smith in Pembroke Pines refunded everything we paid. Others charged one night, some a flat fee. Sanctuary RV Resort charged us a flat $100 to cancel. I'm now fighting with Reserve America. I cancelled a reservation on Monday, Florida closed the parks on Tuesday. Their fees totaled 50% of the reservation amount.

I dread dealing with Georgia. Aspira so screwed up my reservation before, it took months to get it all straight and now I might have to cancel. Right now Georgia is in the virus, what virus? mode. We may just go down to get the hey out of Dodge.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:03 PM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post

I had been wondering why the guidance for isolating the virus went from washing your hands to limiting gathering and finally size of gathers from 250 to 50 to 10 people and now self quarantine. also shows why closing schools has such an impact. Now I know.
Thanks for linking the study. Know I know about the unverified and invalidated model based on a theory of a event that occurred 100 years ago.
Closed Thread