Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Skip, I would be complacent to just reside in the Hew Hess Eh if the Kanukistanian border people deemed I needed more testing. I have the shots and the passport that allows me to go south so why would I worry about not just continuing to reside in the USA. I have held a green card before.
I'd have to be worried about medical coverage for any ailment in the US.

Today the Canadian Fed , announced a QR code document as Canada wide proof of vaccination ; that they hope to get recognized internationally . Available late November , no word on how to get it though.

A couple of days ago BC Premier called the negative test requirement for return by land " Stupid ! " so we can hope that someone in Ottawa is listening .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2021, 01:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Today the Canadian Fed , announced a QR code document as Canada wide proof of vaccination ; that they hope to get recognized internationally . Available late November , no word on how to get it though.
OK Skip, so here in Alberta QR codes are the only means from Nov 15th to enter into non-essential businesses. Just go into our Alberta Health Service website which is where we were able after about 3 weeks (time for them to upload info) from last vax to print off the initially "editable"!!! vax record proofs needed from 20th September. Gov doing this because of all the forged docs going around right now. Assuming as hubby doesn't have a cell phone, smart or stupid (LOL), that we will just be able to print off so businesses can scan them. Will only show name, DOB and vaccine dates and type, batch, vial number done ie; Pfizer 569871X.

Sure are interesting times we live in eh?
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
For those who need a QR code, check whether your medical folks use the EPIC records systems. Mine does, and there is a MyChart app that allows access to those records by the patient. Mine will also generate the QR code upon request. I took a screen shot of the code and keep it on my phone. Other medical records companies probably have the same basic functionality.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2021, 08:01 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
So looks like 8th November is the official opening day. Thank you USA for making it seem thus far simple enough to cross and join you again

Curious where us Canucks would be best to get an acceptable PCR test to get back into our own country as citizens when we return. I'm hearing pricing from $50 to $200 for acceptable type tests? Personally I'm finding this really odd and that our own are condoning profiteering like this in a pandemic by private individuals when being double vaccinated we are supposed to be for all intense and purposes statistically clean??

I would have thought they could have done something like give us a kit or rapid test at the border either free or for a small cost charge that has to be submitted within the week or something that would have been more user friendly if felt absolutely necessary after being double vaccinated in the first place to have got out of Dodge.

Oh by the way any Canadians used HeyMondo in the past for their medical insurance? If so any that have claimed how was the process? Just can't seem to find much on reviews as they appear to have only been in existence since 2016.

Thanks for feedbacks on HeyMondo and PCR testing places/prices south side before re-entering Canada land borders.
Walgreens I believe is still offering Walk-Ins for PCR and Antigen Tests, though PCR tests without a doctors sign off are what cost $200 and can take a fairly long time to get results back on (Well more than 72 hours).

Antigen tests are the rapid tests generally in the US (And cost $25 at Walgreens vs the $200 for PCR), and can usually have results back in 15 minutes, but there's a lot of debate on accuracy and I don't know if Canada is accepting them at the border.

Right now, at least in the local Convention Circuit, Pharmacy and Home-Test Antigen tests are being accepted for the 72 hour rule for entrance at events.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2021, 09:36 PM   #19

PCR test in Canada $199 with results in 48 hours ( with only 72 hours allowed ) that means 24 to get results travel to; and cross ; the border with proof of negative test.

Want faster results add $100 .

Antigen rapid test , as low as $29 CD. But I'm pretty sure that those won't be good for the land border crossing .

Still waiting on final word from the ; Travelers Health Branch of the US, CDC and the White House .

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f68/it-wa...ue-559230.html
Old 10-29-2021, 03:47 AM   #20

Well, I guess if CDC bring in that PCR testing in both directions required and at those costs and the time constraints, then as always to each their own, but we just won't be jumping through all those hoops or adding to the coffers of private companies exploiting the current situation we are all in. The prices are absolutely crazy, have these companies no shame/morals during a pandemic? Like many, for the life of us we can't understand why the government doesn't charge us all "at cost" for the testing, which I'm confident would work out waaaay cheaper. Better yet do away with it altogether if proof of these high efficacy vaccinations is mandated anyway!

Here's to another loooooooong Canadian winter for us sadly, but we'll keep monitoring for any upcoming changes. To all those that make it south this winter we hope you have a wonderful time, and looks like we'll be living vicariously through your writings.

PS: Did you read that Ford is saying that by March 2022 all COVID restrictions (masks, vax proofs etc etc) will be lifted in Ontario! Sure wish I had his crystal ball.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2021, 07:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
Hey Richard, do you know how C.A.N.A.D.A. got it's name in the first place?

Well it was decided in Newfoundland many moons ago. Three men around a table put the letters of the alphabet in a cup and each one pulled out a letter.

The first one pulled and said "C" eh?

The second one pulled and said "N" eh?

The third one pulled and said "D" eh?

Sorry, not my best jokes but hey it's Canada eh?

SD.

PS: For a bit of trivia: Very old maps of yesteryear show Canada as being called Kanata.

Good joke but Newfoundland didnít join Canada until 1948. The country was founded in 1867, you hoser lol.