Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #1

Vaccinations

We’re full timers and I’m wondering if states or counties are only giving vaccines to people who are residents of that state/county. We’re not quite old enough for the first tiers. Wondering if any full timers out there have gotten their shots yet?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2021, 08:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygge View Post
We’re full timers and I’m wondering if states or counties are only giving vaccines to people who are residents of that state/county. We’re not quite old enough for the first tiers. Wondering if any full timers out there have gotten their shots yet?
Florida was briefly known for vaccination tourism. DeSantis initially didn't object to snowbirds getting vaccinated, since they spend a lot of time here, but stories of people flying in just for the vaccine became politically unpalatable. Proof of Florida residency is now required.

Personally, I wouldn't object if there was some way to show you spend significant time here but that gets impractical. That's a waste of time when efficiency is of paramount importance.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:11 PM   #3

You do not need to be a FL resident to get a shot but you do need to demonstrate that you are a long term visitor, i.e. snowbird.

Quote:
In order to demonstrate Florida residency, an individual must present either

(1) A valid Florida driver license or valid Florida identification card, or

(2) If an individual does not have a valid Florida driver license or identification card, they may present a copy of two of the following items that show proof of residential address:

A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement. (Copies of deeds can be found on the Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller website https://www.sarasotaclerk.com/)
A utility hookup or work order that is not more than 2 months old.
A utility bill that is not more than 2 months old.
Mail from a bank or other financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, that is not more than 2 months old.
Mail from a government agency that is not more than 2 months old. (Mail from a government agency can include tax bills showing a Florida address. Tax bills can be found on the Sarasota County Tax Collector website https://www.sarasotataxcollector.com/
One of the above items from the individual’s parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the individual resides and a statement from the parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the person resides stating that the person does resides with him or her.

Please note, the above residency requirements do NOT apply to health care providers or individuals presenting for their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

linky:

Florida Residency Requirements for Recipients of First Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine | Florida Department of Health in Sarasota
Old 02-26-2021, 09:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ. View Post
You do not need to be a FL resident to get a shot but you do need to demonstrate that you are a long term visitor, i.e. snowbird.

linky:

Florida Residency Requirements for Recipients of First Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine | Florida Department of Health in Sarasota

I may be dense but I don't see how anyone in an RV would have any of the above to be able to get a vaccination in Florida.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
I may be dense but I don't see how anyone in an RV would have any of the above to be able to get a vaccination in Florida.
One item would be a receipt from an RV park for rent.

Utility/cable TV hook up might be possible? I'm not sure as we pretty much only boondock and we live in FLA.

On could get a bit creative with the last paragraph, though.

Anybody wanna rent my FL driver's license? I didn't really mean that. Sorry.

We got our second shot 15 days ago so we're fixing to leave for NM and AZ on Sunday.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
I'm not a full-timer but I believe snowbirds RVers are often responsible for their own utility bills. And, many non-RVer winter residents own homes here.

Those long-term temporary residents are the ones the state government doesn't object to vaccinating. After all, they're spending their money here and paying our sales (and maybe property) taxes. Also, generally being in a high-risk class (>65), they pose a risk of transmission if not vaccinated.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:13 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are fulltimers and are Texas domiciled. We are currently in North Carolina for the winter. We kept track of the public access vaccine events which in NC appear to be managed on a county basis.
We went to one such “drive thru” event in our county of residence here on Feb 10 (in our car with TX plates). Very well organized and run. A steady stream of cars, perhaps 150-200 cars in process at any one time but no substantial waiting at all. We got our 1st shot of Moderna, a record card, and a promise that they would call us to be sure we’d know where and when to get the second dose. At no point did any of the very well trained admin checkers ask us to verify resident status in either the county or the state.
2004 Element
Old 02-27-2021, 07:25 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Another possibility will be the Federal vaccine center being setup now. There will be 4 in FL and more in other states as well. I have "heard" they will not be as strict on residency requirements. The units in FL are to be in operation on Mar 2. The Governor has requested first responders, school teachers, etc under 65 to book appointments with those centers. Non residents will probably be allowed as it is Federal and not state run.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 02-27-2021, 07:53 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Check with the pharmacy sites. I have not seen any residency requirements in their literature. The doses are coming straight from a federal stockpile. We get ours tomorrow at a huge weekend clinic set up explicitly for those over 65, and it is managed by a pharmacy. They ask for your address, but I saw no disclaimer that it was only for state residents. Then again, it is still cold in Iowa! We came back early just for the clinic.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:18 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I got my first vaccine in ohio, no checking residency. But you need to schedule it. What a pain, took 3 weeks checking many different sites 3 times a day.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:58 PM   #11

We got our second shot today here in Central Florida. Neither time was either of us asked for identification.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:38 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
We are Oregon residents who winter in Yuma Az. Called the county health dept. Wednesday and the wife received her first shot on Thursday. Talked to the Yuma VA clinic about mine and am scheduled for next Thursday and the Thursday four weeks from then. No questions about where our residence is.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenb12 View Post
We got our second shot today here in Central Florida. Neither time was either of us asked for identification.
Weird. We are over in Lake County and had to show ID for both shots, 21JAN and 11FEB. The sight was run by the county health department.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ. View Post
One item would be a receipt from an RV park for rent.

Utility/cable TV hook up might be possible? I'm not sure as we pretty much only boondock and we live in FLA.

On could get a bit creative with the last paragraph, though.

Anybody wanna rent my FL driver's license? I didn't really mean that. Sorry.

We got our second shot 15 days ago so we're fixing to leave for NM and AZ on Sunday.
A cable/phone/internet bill is not considered a Utility bill.
A resort reservation receipt ever with a street address is not a written lease.

If you have a lease and a water/electric bill. dated no more then 60 days ago you are good to go, but as my wife and myself out of state snowbirds have found out the place we went to after we registered online was not to happy with our cable bill/ resort reservation receipt as proof of seasonal residence.

It depends were you go how strict there are?
Closed Thread