Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2020, 09:49 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
No bread at Meijer's tonight. However, there was plenty of bread in the bakery section. Why people didn't clear that out is anybody's guess. Maybe too lazy to slice it themselves? Oh well, their loss was my gain & I got several loaves of nice Italian & sourdough.

TP & paper towel aisle were the same. This is just nuts!

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COVID-19 2020.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	278354  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2020, 07:07 AM   #30

I stocked up with TP yesterday. Bought 4 rolls. Would have been embarrassed to have bought more.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by retnasaguy View Post
I fail to see where "firm, competent leadership", has anything to do with the buying habits of ignorant people!

Firm leadership avoided panic during the ebola and zika pandemic. The general public panic responses have not changed over the years, remember gas hoarding during the 70's. It's all about the leadership which then filters down to the public response!
Old 03-18-2020, 07:40 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
No bread at Meijer's tonight. However, there was plenty of bread in the bakery section. Why people didn't clear that out is anybody's guess. Maybe too lazy to slice it themselves? Oh well, their loss was my gain & I got several loaves of nice Italian & sourdough.

TP & paper towel aisle were the same. This is just nuts!

Lori-
I noticed a lot of empty space on the baking shelves as well - items like flour and sugar. At least in these parts, looks like people are preparing themselves for DIY bakery. Good way to fill all the extra time, if nothing else.

I went about it a different way - in the frozen food section they sell unbaked/unrisen loaves of bread. Just defrost, rise, and bake. Takes up far less space in the freezer than loaves of bread, and when I use them I'll have fresh baked bread and a warm-fuzzy smell in the house.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
Old 03-19-2020, 11:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
Firm leadership avoided panic during the ebola and zika pandemic. The general public panic responses have not changed over the years, remember gas hoarding during the 70's. It's all about the leadership which then filters down to the public response!
Yep....also dont recall the media telling everyone they were going to be dead in an hour all day everyday. Stop it.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:06 AM   #34

Warning on Shortages

We were down to about 4 rolls of toilet tissue yesterday. We haven’t seen any in the stores for the past 2 weeks, but we haven’t gone out of our way to look for it either. Yesterday on our way home from off-roading at the beach,we stopped at a grocery store.I waited in the truck with the dog. While my wife was in there, I see several people picking up their groceries curbside from the online shopping service the store has. Later at home I check out the online ordering and it lists Toilet tissue. I punch in for 3 twelve packs of Charmin and go through the checkout. I get an email with a pickup time of 3:30 today. I go there and sure enough I got my 3 packages of Charmin while the shelves were still empty.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:15 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are sitting in our RV in FL, going to be here another six weeks. Been looking for TP for the last ten days. None. We have two rolls left. It is gone within an hour of delivery. Food is no problem in general, some items are in very low supply, eggs and lunch meat in particular.

One local restaurant is advertising a free roll of TP with every take out order!
Old 03-20-2020, 10:18 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
I punch in for 3 twelve packs of Charmin and go through the checkout. I get an email with a pickup time of 3:30 today. I go there and sure enough I got my 3 packages of Charmin while the shelves were still empty.
Do you have any idea how long 36 rolls of TP will last? Do the math. No wonder the rest of us can't find any pal.

We are sitting in our RV in FL, going to be here another six weeks. Been looking for TP for the last ten days. None. We have two rolls left. It is gone within an hour of delivery. Food is no problem in general, some items are in very low supply, eggs and lunch meat in particular.

One local restaurant is advertising a free roll of TP with every take out order!
Old 03-20-2020, 11:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Perhaps people getting the wrong message from media?
This.

If we are to blame incompetent leadership, then 95% of the world has incompetent leaders.

I keep in mind that this panic is fairly new in most western countries. We have grown used to the relative ease of life, not needing to worry about surviving on a day-to-day basis and being faced with life-threatening events regularly.

This outbreak took the world by suprise. The first time something like this happens (relatively speaking in our modern era) it is not going to go smoothly. Doesn't matter who is in charge. We will be better prepared for the next time for certain.

It is easy to try to find blame when we feel vulnerable and are faced with varying risks instead of looking at the entire situation as a whole.

We will know better of what to do once this outbreak is mainly over and all the facts about it are analyzed. Its still too early to make absolute accusations.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:21 AM   #38

C5c5:

Well said!
Old 03-21-2020, 03:25 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Do you have any idea how long 36 rolls of TP will last? Do the math. No wonder the rest of us can't find any pal.

24 rolls (the other 12 was for our neighbor)will last us about 5 weeks. You are welcome to all of the next 35 days of TP production.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:59 AM   #40

Right on.
Firm, competent leadership. Mmm translation, keep the population in the dark.
Just like the SARS out break.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:02 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
here is a website that will tell you how long TP will last

https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/
Old 03-21-2020, 04:05 AM   #42

Depends on your diet......
Closed Thread