Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post

One local restaurant is advertising a free roll of TP with every take out order!
This doesn't speak well for the quality of their food.
Lynn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2020, 05:33 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
This doesn't speak well for the quality of their food.
Lynn

Is it Chipotle?
Old 03-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
N95 masks are actually respirators which means they are designed to filter out particles from the air. The medical N95 can filter out 95% of particles 0.03 micron or larger. That includes bacteria and virus. They are more than barriers to droplets, they are filters. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...r-use-faq.html
N95 masks are fitted to the individual. Each user (Dr, nurse, EMT, etc) are fitted by a professional and that is the exact size/fit mask they will wear. The fitting is made so there are no leaks.

Also for any mask to work, the individual has to be clean shaven. Even more important to use a N95 mask. Beard or unshaven, leaks and at that point, no protection.

And as an FTI, there are N95 dust masks out there. The same ones I've used while sanding drywall.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #60

Face masks and respirators are close to the same, but not quite. While they both serve the same purpose, a respirator is typically designed to have an air-tight seal against the face of the wearer. Like xyzabc mentioned, these are typically fit individually to the wearer.

Face masks are usually more generic and not always so tight fitting. They don't do as good a job filtering the incoming air since they don't fit tight to the face.

Given the choice, a respirator would be my choice. When I ran my wood shop with spray booth a few years ago, I used a positive-pressure respirator that pumped filtered air into a hood. Fortunately I kept that - with a full beard there is no other way to get any protection and I may need it for this situation.

For anyone interested in learning more about how a respirator is fit, here's some good reading (we all have time, so why not?)

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regul...0/1910.134AppA

And a video:

https://www.osha.gov/video/respirato...ittesting.html
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
Old 03-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #61

The respirators that everybody is screaming for are actually ventilators.

A respirator looks like a old fashion gas mask. Don't need them.

What the country is actually short of are ventilators. That's a machine that breaths for the seriously ill.

That's the device that GM is starting to produce.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #62

Here is a screenshot.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture%2B_2020-03-22-19-02-44.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	278774
Old 03-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #63

I wonder if a CPAP machine would help.

Certainly would be nowhere near the power of the real thing but in a pinch it might be better than nothing.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
That's what happens when the state and federal government are recommending that people have 14 days worth of food at home so you don't have to go out.
On another note I saw that 38% of the people in a survey thought you could catch the coronavirus from Corona beer��
Another thought--- why do the experts say wearing a face mask will not help you from catching the virus, and don't want you buying them, they also want make sure the nurses and health professionals have them? But if they don't do any good??? Hmmm LOL. I know you have to wear them properly and remove them properly. Anyway Safe Travels
Masks keep everything in, which prevents passing nasty microbes to patients undergoing treatment. The problem with wearing masks is that your germs, bacteria, etc. stay right on your face and in your mouth and nostrils. If you're sick, you need to wear a mask. If you're a medical professional treating sick patients, you need a mask to prevent exposing them to additional germs and nacteria. Otherwise maintain distance from others and you're unlikely to catch someone else's sickness. Disinfect whatever you bring home, wash the clothes you wore in public, and wash your hands. I think I've almost washed my fingerprints off...
Old 03-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #65

Went shopping with my loving wife today in NJ and noticed that there was no more salt!! What the heck is that all about? Toilet paper and paper towels. I can understand but now SALT??? What the heck is going on??
Old 03-22-2020, 06:13 PM   #66

That's what happens when the state and federal government are recommending that people have 14 days worth of food at home so you don't have to go out.

Anyone who lives in hurricane country (like we do) should know enough to keep 2 weeks worth of food and medicines on hand. I always do except for milk (I don't use it but DH does). I use shelf-stable almond milk and should have bought/frozen extra milk. Push comes to shove: DH will have to use almond milk in his coffee. Being at home I'm doing a lot more cooking/baking but I have my supplies delivered in bulk.

I wish everyone would stock up when times get better and keep extra on hand. This would prevent all this panic buying. I know it's expensive to do but the stress it prevents would be worth it. If necessary, we can eat out of the pantry and freezers for a long time.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #67

Although grocers are out, we have seen plenty at places like Lowes and Home Depot.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post

Certainly would be nowhere near the power of the real thing but in a pinch it might be better than nothing.

I was wondering the same thing a couple days , then I came across a short article yesterday in one of the British newspapers that said desperate Doctors in Italy are using them for patients that can breath on their own but are having difficulty getting enough air in their lungs.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #69

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Media created hysteria. All purposeful. Unfortunately, bad news raises ratings.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:53 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post

A Cpap doesn't exhale, does it ?

You can just blow air into the lungs.
Closed Thread