Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2020, 07:18 AM   #15

Fuel lines ?
Dont forget the Jimmy Carter Days.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJLowell View Post
Fuel lines ?
Dont forget the Jimmy Carter Days.

Yup, worked at a Amoco station at the time.
$5 max per trip and people were going around the block and getting back in line again.

Now this morning, normal Saturday 7 am weekly grocery get time.
No alcohol over 60%
No cold and flu medicines, aspirins, tablets of any kind.
Cat and dog food, is sparse, kitty litter not to be found.
Barely any meat products at all, freezer or fresh.
Can goods and bread, wiped clean.
Eggs, milk, cheeses picked clean even the normal eggs with one cracked in it, GONE.
One of our local big boys, Wegmans will now close for 8 hours a day to restock because people are fighting for goods as they put them up. No restocking during normal hours.
People are becoming big time A-holes!!!
Stopped at a local farm to get eggs and other things he had.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
This is happening in Alaska too. This is what happens when there is a lack of firm, competent leadership.

we have firm competent leadership. we dont have a general population with a very high level of common sense but one that is driven by the hysteria of social media. almost 10,000 flu deaths in the u.s. so far this year. did I miss the great flu panic of 2020?
Old 03-14-2020, 09:35 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
There is nothing left anywhere. If you are not already prepared then you are kind of up a creek with no paddle.
I really don't know how to keep reserve stocks if you live in an RV full time with limited space.
Easy, buy cheap piece of land in center of America in middle of nowhere bury a vault to stock up. Then keep enough fuel in your RV at all times to get to it. If you have to, bury some in the forest across the country or in the desert. Get a rifle and learn to hunt helps too. Got half of whole deer in my freezer, took us about 6 months to eat the other half. Also my home is a 15 ft truck camper so can’t say you don’t have room.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #19

These are the same stupid people that always have to rush out and buy bread, milk and eggs every time 2" of snow is predicted. What are they going to do, make french toast??? And of all things, what the hell are you going to do with a years supply of TP? To top things off they're also stampeding in for bottled water, [Mod Edit], who said anything about losing water service??? Damn bunch of lemmings all jumping off the cliff!!
Old 03-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Refer to this thread for any further discussion of COVID-19.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/trip...us-480025.html

This thread explains why we are closing other threads on same topic.

Thanks for understanding,
Site Staff
Old 03-15-2020, 04:45 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
We've re-opened this thread - it's an important topic.. but please folks, lets remain calm, reasonable and above all; civil. Keep politics out of this per the forum rules and remember... Wash your hands
Old 03-15-2020, 05:26 PM   #22

Just got back from Walmart in Homestead Florida.

No bread, cereal, milk and eggs. Probably to feed the kids, home from school.

Folks loading up on TP and paper towels. Saw a woman with stacks of paper plates in a cart ??

The rest of the shelfs were thinning out but we got our coffee.

Plenty of chop meat and fruits/vegies.
The workers are stocking the shelfs but they are falling behind the demand.

Noticed the Tylenol racks stripped bare. They're ready for the fever.

Went to Publix, across the street and picked up milk. Sorry, no eggs or bread.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #23
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
My Walmart here in central Arkansas had a small supply of tp. Bread was scare, cleaning supply isle had been hit hard but wasn't empty, Bottled water was gone, canned veggies were very low. There were a large number of WM employees with pallets upon pallets restocking the shelves. I got everything on my weekly list with only a couple of substitutions. I normally keep a 2 week supply of food stuff anyway but shop weekly. I don't really see what the big deal is but you can tell that people have gone nuts. I would hate to see what it will be like in a real national emergency.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:44 PM   #24

Stupid people live everywhere. Here in Bermuda the same thing is happening. Idiots buying up, or trying to, 6 months supply of TP. How much time are these fools planning on spending on the throne?

In a few weeks TP shelves will be packed & nobody will be buying.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:06 PM   #25

Pressure washer sales might go up.......
Old 03-15-2020, 06:21 PM   #26

TP on the shelves today. Not much, but(t) some. I still saw carts going out the door with multiple packages stacked.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #27

You gotta be kidding me....

As of Saturday afternoon,
no paper goods to speak of (tp, paper towels, napkins, etc) in north Tucson, no canned soups, no baby wipes, no dry beans, no sanitizer, no hand soap (this I thought was kinda funny because you could get all the body wash you needed), no pasta, no tomato sauce, Walmart looked like they were going out of business.

Husband and I were on our way into Tucson, stopped at the little dollar general in small town AZ - there was a line out the door with people just buying toilet paper, the truck had just delivered; one woman was complaining she needed some, and folks were hoarding it. Another woman with 5 cases in her cart was just laughing, and would not give up a single roll. Folks like her make me hope Karma bites her in the butt.
I'm praying for a mandatory home quarantine - I could use a vacation!
Old 03-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Folks we know in England are reporting the same lack of TP so evidently its not just Americans with panic buying stupid stuff.