RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Angry Warning on Shortages

For those heading North out of Mexico, there is NO T-paper, Hand wipes or

hand disinfectant left on the shelves in the Pheonix Area

Colin Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2020, 01:08 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
how STOOPID are some people ?!?

They must use t-paper to blow their nose

Old 03-13-2020, 08:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is no controlling of large groups of stupid people.

Ken
Old 03-13-2020, 09:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
There is no controlling of large groups of stupid people.

Ken
This reminds me of a large herd of sheep.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:52 PM   #5

It's not only Phoenix. It's everywhere. Even Amazon and WalMart online are sold out. Hoaders should be ashamed of themselves. What about people that really need it?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:07 PM   #6
Cat

That's what happens when the state and federal government are recommending that people have 14 days worth of food at home so you don't have to go out.
On another note I saw that 38% of the people in a survey thought you could catch the coronavirus from Corona beer��
Another thought--- why do the experts say wearing a face mask will not help you from catching the virus, and don't want you buying them, they also want make sure the nurses and health professionals have them? But if they don't do any good??? Hmmm LOL. I know you have to wear them properly and remove them properly. Anyway Safe Travels
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Jarvis View Post
For those heading North out of Mexico, there is NO T-paper, Hand wipes or

hand disinfectant left on the shelves in the Pheonix Area
For everyone one person that sneezes in a tissue in a crowd 100 people are crapping themselves they might have gotten it from one that one person sneezing hence lack of T paper

They must use t-paper to blow their nose [/QUOTE]
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
This reminds me of a large herd of sheep.
Sheeple
Spud_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Another thought--- why do the experts say wearing a face mask will not help you from catching the virus, and don't want you buying them, they also want make sure the nurses and health professionals have them? But if they don't do any good??? Hmmm LOL. I know you have to wear them properly and remove them properly. Anyway Safe Travels
It's not about wearing and removing them properly. It's about what the masks actually do. They don't have an air-tight seal, so they don't do anything for airborne viruses. Even if they did have a good seal, they aren't fine enough filters to stop a virus, so the virus can literally go through the mask.

When they are used in hospitals, they are used to keep spit and other bodily fluids from going from the nurse/surgeon's mouth into the open cavity of the person they are trying to save. And bodily fluids from the person into the doctor's mouth and nose. They work for that purpose. Even in a hospital, they don't stop viruses. That's why the staff doesn't always walk around with them on, even though there are viruses all over a hospital. That's where the sick people go.

That is why the experts say wearing a mask won't stop a virus. Because it won't. That's not what they do.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchytoe View Post
It's not about wearing and removing them properly. It's about what the masks actually do. They don't have an air-tight seal, so they don't do anything for airborne viruses. Even if they did have a good seal, they aren't fine enough filters to stop a virus, so the virus can literally go through the mask.

When they are used in hospitals, they are used to keep spit and other bodily fluids from going from the nurse/surgeon's mouth into the open cavity of the person they are trying to save. And bodily fluids from the person into the doctor's mouth and nose. They work for that purpose. Even in a hospital, they don't stop viruses. That's why the staff doesn't always walk around with them on, even though there are viruses all over a hospital. That's where the sick people go.

That is why the experts say wearing a mask won't stop a virus. Because it won't. That's not what they do.
Quote:
That's what happens when the state and federal government are recommending that people have 14 days worth of food at home so you don't have to go out.
On another note I saw that 38% of the people in a survey thought you could catch the coronavirus from Corona beer��
Itchytoe has basically answered your question, but it needs some clarification.

There are two types of masks being seen and discussed here. Surgical masks like those most seen on the street, are the ones that will not protect the wearer from the virus for the reasons given. They are for keeping respiratory fluids of the wearer from being transmitted.

N95 masks will provide protection, are tightly fitted to the wearer, and are essential to medical personnel for protection. These are the ones that may be in short supply and should be available for those on the front lines.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:58 PM   #10
Cat

Very few masks will stop viruses any viruses. But they do act as barrier from air born droplets-sneezes coughs. If you remove improperly you contaminate your hands and possible other body parts. So it is important. But the mask still acts as barrier against air born droplets, which they say is the one of most common way to be infected. No worries Safe Travels
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 12:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Very few masks will stop viruses any viruses. But they do act as barrier from air born droplets-sneezes coughs. If you remove improperly you contaminate your hands and possible other body parts. So it is important. But the mask still acts as barrier against air born droplets, which they say is the one of most common way to be infected. No worries Safe Travels
N95 masks are actually respirators which means they are designed to filter out particles from the air. The medical N95 can filter out 95% of particles 0.03 micron or larger. That includes bacteria and virus. They are more than barriers to droplets, they are filters. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...r-use-faq.html

Note, your post may have been made in response to Itchytoe and not to mine, where I mentioned the two different types of masks.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:16 AM   #12

TP shortages here in Nova Scotia as well. Why? Can't eat it. Can wash your butt with a rag.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:17 AM   #13

There is nothing left anywhere. If you are not already prepared then you are kind of up a creek with no paddle.
I really don't know how to keep reserve stocks if you live in an RV full time with limited space.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:15 AM   #14

Reminds me of what happened here on 9/11. everyone panicked and had to fill every container they had with gasoline, causing long lines at the pumps. I watched someone fill ten 5 gallon cans with gas in the back of his pickup. 4 days later the price of fuel dropped a dime!

Tightwadted is offline   Reply With Quote