Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2020, 02:39 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
Yes they are creating(printing) Money. Basic econ.... Money has no value other than what someone else will give you for it.So its not exactly "borrowing" but devaluing. ...however....
We are fortunate that the whole world is in the same situation so our $ is as good as the next country ...actually better. Unless this is a China plot to take over as the world's currency, but that's pretty deep in the woods.
Fix the testing so 350 million people can get a quick test,(right) Get a vaccine in record time. stockpile the Ventilators that have a 80% failure rate , and open up the country. Oh , and wash your hands more often!
Many people fall to realize our money is worthless if our economy craters

We have to get the things going and ramped up sooner rather than later

Most of us do like to eat and have utilities
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2020, 02:43 PM   #44

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My hindsight is always 20/20. I just can't remember back past yesterday.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #45

Like many here, I am high risk for this cv19. What should I do if I get it? Per my chiropractor, take a lot of calcium, vitamin C, and D. No Tylenol or aspirin. Let the fever work it out. All the vaccine will do is make you silent, like I've heard about the shingles vaccine, which the DW is wanting me to get. What kind of silent? Graveyard dead silent.

One thing that I do do is listen to alternate news stations and not the mainstream media, ie. cable and the big three news stations. One thing that I would like for you all to do is to listen to this article that I'm copying to here. I don't trust either doctor that President Trump has on that cv panel. But here is the link
EXCLUSIVE: DR. SHIVA EXPOSES FAUCI, BIRX, GATES,

look for this on YouTube, NextNewsNetwork.

TIA

Bruce
Old 04-09-2020, 06:44 PM   #46
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
We did get this wrong. The economy is destroyed, people are scared to go outside, there is no toilet paper, and still more deaths from the flu that happens every year. Thanks WHO and CDC you have accomplished your goal. I still can't believe the panic that can be wrought from a .6% infection rate.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandSA View Post
No Tylenol or aspirin.
You should check this. I've been told several times to avoid aspirin and ibuprofen, but that Tylenol (paracetamol, acetaminophen) is the preferred pain reliever while this virus is around.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 04-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #48
laj

we did get it wrong. dead wrong.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:05 PM   #49

I think this country got it wrong by a big margin. We should have had a National Pandemic Plan ready to implement and we missed the boat on that. We seen what China was going through back in Dec and we had warnings what to expect.

1. We should have had test and ventilators stocked up or at least on order.
2. We should have been training medical staff to back up the first line staff.
3. The National Plan should have included identifing the highest risk people and ordered them into lock down isolation. This would include special payments for them to survive while not working.
4. The remaining 80% low risk population should have continued life as normal with some adjustments like frequent hand washing, 6' spaces and avoiding crowds.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:10 PM   #50
laj

and not last or least shut the boarders down tight! still should
Old 04-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #51

Interesting moving graph. Scroll down a little on the page.

https://wccoradio.radio.com/articles...cause-of-death
Old 04-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandSA View Post
Like many here, I am high risk for this cv19. What should I do if I get it? Per my chiropractor, take a lot of calcium, vitamin C, and D. No Tylenol or aspirin. Let the fever work it out. All the vaccine will do is make you silent, like I've heard about the shingles vaccine, which the DW is wanting me to get. What kind of silent? Graveyard dead silent.

One thing that I do do is listen to alternate news stations and not the mainstream media, ie. cable and the big three news stations. One thing that I would like for you all to do is to listen to this article that I'm copying to here. I don't trust either doctor that President Trump has on that cv panel. But here is the link
EXCLUSIVE: DR. SHIVA EXPOSES FAUCI, BIRX, GATES,

look for this on YouTube, NextNewsNetwork.

TIA

Bruce
Found it! It's in the Entertainment category.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #53

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3505.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	281048

Name:	IMG_3504.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	281049

Name:	IMG_3507.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	281050

Name:	IMG_3506.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	281051

Looks like New York had a short decrease in the number of new cases, but it looks like it’s on its way back up again, and deaths will follow. Notice that other countries logarithmic curves are trailing off, but the US new cases and deaths are both still increasing logarithmically. We are a long way from out of this. The hope for me is that this weekend is the beginning of “halftime”, but I’m afraid we are going for overtime on this thing. 8 weekend of shutdown doesn’t look like it’s going to be enough. Take note that the reported cases are generally the people that are showing symptoms while there are plenty that are showing none.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #54

Read all four pages of this thread and didn't see the biggest issue I have with all of this.

Our numbers (US) are a joke right now. Keep seeing test results are still taking two weeks. People refused testing unless high risk. People refused testing unless temperature is above threshold (102?) or lungs are already involved, or being admitted to hospital.

Read the survivor stories. Most have no idea HOW they got it. This thing has already reached ghost proportions, like the flu.

Which I guess makes sense if testing is not happening in a timely basis, and most people don't have any or only mild symptoms.

So, all this adds up to the REAL number of people already being infected to be many times more than is being reported. The big question is how many? I think it is EASY to argue that the true number is at least 10 times that is reported.

If it's ten times, could it be 30?

Cause if it's 30, then we are approaching flu type death rates.

ALL that said, I'm fully in support of social distancing, keep things down to essential travel ONLY, but I would include work for the vast majority as essential.

Finally, without a vaccine, the only way this stops is herd immunity. So for that to occur, roughly the same number of people will die. Yes, I could be one of those. So could any of us. That's scary cause it is a ghost.

But was it worth nuking the economy to slow it down BUT NOT STOP the majority of deaths? Probably not, but then I wouldn't have wanted to be the one who said screw it! this XXX number of people are going to die, tough!

Steve
Old 04-09-2020, 09:02 PM   #55

Let's get a reality check! Right now, based upon the reported cases of infection nationally and the number of deaths, the death rate is very close to 3.5 %.
16,390 deaths divided by 455,019 reported cases equals .036 or 3.6%...it's gone up since the last time I checked it. We've lost over 16000 fellow human beings and that number has been kept as low as it is by the actions most states have taken in terms of closing businesses and practicing social separation.

If you choose to ignore the contagion rate and the very, very contagious aspect of this virus, than you risk seeing the number escalate greatly.

Yes, the projected total number of deaths may not be as high as originally projected....but that is only if we continue to do what we have been doing, or at least what most of us have been doing.

We're approaching a very dangerous situation where politicians and people are going to thing that we can resume a normal lifestyle If we do that too soon, this virus could start infecting a lot more people unless we get a vaccine.

I'm 70 and live in a 55+ community and know a lot of folks that are older and have health conditions that make them more prone to die if they contact the virus. I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't happen.

Do we really want to change our strategy and just consider a higher death rate just
"collateral damage" necessary to restore the economy. I'll put my money on that if that happens, we'll see another cycle of contagion and death come back at us at least once if not two or three times. It makes a lot more sense to do what we have to NOW and avoid the chance of the scenario repeating itself.

Yes...even the scientist can have varying statistics and predictions. The situation hasn't been helped by our inability to test the general population and act according to the results. Until such testing is available, to stray from the current preventative measures is just insane!!

I'm just pleading with everyone to take this seriously and make sure you don't get led astray by information that isn't based in fact. And, when in doubt, why not take the more conservative approach to insure YOUR health and insure that YOU AREN'T the one spreading illness or a death sentence to others. Please....think about that!

My wife and I were pretty ill for many weeks. Was it the corona virus...we don't know. We had some of the symptoms but didn't ever get to the point of needing hospitalization. However, we took the position of doing what we had to do to make sure that we weren't risking the health of other people. We are thankful for our good fortune and that our immediate family is safe and well. But we feel so sorry for the thousands of people that have suffered and, for many, have died. The first responders and medical people have done so much for people and many of them have suffered illness or death.

Is it asking too much for all of us to act responsibility.

OK...I'll get off my soapbox. But, whether you agree or disagree, I pray for your health and safety, and that you find the wisdom to guide you and your loved ones through this crisis.

Moderator...again, if I've crossed the line, do what you have to do!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
Old 04-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #56

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What would have have happened if we really did this right, but had not taken the measurements that have been taken? Would you want to take responsibility for the resulting deaths? The economy would still have been damaged.

All the stock market needs to rebound is a few good news bites and they will rebound in a hurry.

I suspect that some portions of the economic system will be revamped so as to reduce dependency of foreign supply chains. This will do more to bring back jobs from overseas than any trade war could ever do.

As for unemployment, we will still require basically the same number of people in business and jibs after recovery as before. Yes, millions will have lost some paychecks and resulting problems. But have faith that the wealthy will come out looking really good!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread