Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #29
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Please get back on the subject of restaurants status.

Lori-
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #30

I would imagine most restaurants are closed for in-dining but many offer pickup or drive-through. Things are changing constantly.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #31

This may have been posted already, but restaurants in Ohio are closed except for takeout/pickup! I'm glad our governor has been so proactive.

Please....everyone....take care and stay safe!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
Old 03-24-2020, 03:59 PM   #32
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch99 View Post
...The states where the restaurants are closed are Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Nashville? California, New York?
Nashville is a state?

We're located ~2hrs from any neighboring state. At one point, I thought, just to get the heck out of the house, we'd take a drive. But all of those states have closed their restaurants/bars to all but take out as well.

Once the mandated stay-at-home went into effect at midnight last night, that pretty much nixed any thoughts of driving anywhere, even to get a dinner at some other state's restaurants.

There have been several restaurants on our news that have stated they won't survive this. We're trying to support the ones nearby us by doing take out 2-3x/wk, but it's nowhere near what we normally would be doing if we were working outside the home where we were eating lunches out daily & usually ate dinner out 4x/wk. Any of the establishments we've visited now, I see 1 cook, 1 manager & 1 person to take the orders/payments for take out. The one we go to the most, normally as 2 managers, 3 cooks & 6-7 servers for a typical evening dinner. They've got to be hit hard now.

Support your local restaurants when you can safely do so.

Lori-
Old 03-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #33

Take out or delivery was already a way of life for the younger set. Heck the only store(s) we actually go to is the grocery store / pharmacy, gas stations, and just a few local restaurants (unless we’re at the beach) where takeout seafood is not good. But, I fully encourage all of you to follow the “Just stay home” directive which means I can go out and follow common sense hygiene practices and breeze through what stores are open.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
Old 03-24-2020, 04:30 PM   #34

all Restaurants in Arkansas are take out only if they are even open
Old 03-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
all Restaurants in Arkansas are take out only if they are even open
New York is the same and I'm glad of it.
Lynn
Old 03-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #36

Like Lori, we are buying a little bit of take out just to help support some of the local restaurants that are having a difficult time. To guard against possible infection from the food or container we are following FDA advice and heating the food to at least 160 degrees before eating it.
No worries here.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #37

CT is take-out or pick-up only for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:34 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
Like Lori, we are buying a little bit of take out just to help support some of the local restaurants that are having a difficult time. To guard against possible infection from the food or container we are following FDA advice and heating the food to at least 160 degrees before eating it.
No worries here.
Coronavirus is a respiratory virus. You're not going to get it from the food. This was stated by the doctor during one of Trump's press conferances.

We all need to support our restaurants at this time if we want them to reopen in the future.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
No worries here.
I'll have to try that Chef's salad after it's been heated to 160 degrees.
No thanks. My wife is an excellent cook and we have enough food in our normal supply to last at least three weeks if needed. Maybe more.
Now is not the time to experiment or trust what you are eating to someone you really don't know. I would rather see the restaurants closed down entirely for the duration. Why should they get a pass?
Lynn
Old 03-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #40

I haven't heard of any evidence that the virus can be transmitted by food but the take out box could be problematic. I too would prefer to reheat the food and I'd probably avoid salads. I'm happy for the restaurants to offer take out, it might mean fewer folks after that can of beans I'm searching for at the grocery.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Coronavirus is a respiratory virus. You're not going to get it from the food. This was stated by the doctor during one of Trump's press conferances.

We all need to support our restaurants at this time if we want them to reopen in the future.
So it's OK that cooks, preparers, dish washers and cleanup folks working in close quarters, who may have and spread the virus go out in the public or back to their homes? If someone has the virus and they handle the food containers how are the containers any different than touching a counter top in a store or a door handle getting into a grocery store.
We have learned a lot since this disease first showed but we have a lot to learn yet. It seems as though what is said yesterday is contradicted today.
Like I have said so many times, "If you put five experts in a room they couldn't agree on anything".
Lynn
Old 03-24-2020, 06:36 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
BTW, for those concerned about getting groceries (most of us?) we used the online Walmart process yesterday. Order and pay online and they bring it all out to your car at a selected time. Worked well but with the iffy stocks right now you have to be flexible and accept some substitutions of brand.
We tried the Wal-Mart call in and pick-up on Monday.

They said it will be ready Friday.
Closed Thread