Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #85

Monaco Owners Club
I'm a little bit scared to eat food I haven't controlled. I know, I know, I didn't really control anything I didn't grow. But still, the thought of someone else touching my food, with this scare, coupled with my ability to cook and my extreme lack of taste, has left me thinking take-out isn't a good option right now. They could have been spitting in my food all these years, but now it makes a difference.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #86
laj

just saw 2 more places reopening for food service. These places and their employees can’t lastfor long no matter what the reason.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:43 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
just saw 2 more places reopening for food service. These places and their employees can’t lastfor long no matter what the reason.
They should be closed and boarded up unless they are offering take out only. Many small and many large businesses have been forced to close so the spread of this disease can be slowed down.
Encouraging people to congregate in a confined area is just plain foolish and dangerous to the public. If a restaurant opened for business as usual that is just what will happen. Then the fools will beat the doors down to get in.
Lynn
Old 03-31-2020, 07:59 AM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here in Minnesooota all the restaurants are closed. We have two in particular that we do not want to lose so we are purchasing take out from them.

One is a supper club that is only open weekends now, and if you call in the order they will give you a pick up time. You park at the curb and an employee brings the food out to you. The food is really good.

The other is a BBQ place and you can order on line and enter one at a time and the owner will hand you the packaged food. He has sanitizer right there and uses it each time he handles food.

I suppose there is a slight risk, but we really want these places to survive.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Old 03-31-2020, 07:38 PM   #89

Here restaurants that are in areas where they are allowed to open the dining room are limited to half their licensed capacity, there must be 6 feet of open space between groups of people and tables are limited to 10 or fewer people.

Biggest danger in takeout or restaurant dining though is uncooked food such as cold sandwiches and salads along with the packaging. On the cruise ships with high levels of cases it was tracked down to food workers preparing foods served cold so caution is advised where uncooked food or cold plate meals are concerned.

Some limited contact restaurants though have it set up so that once the food is cooked it is not touched by human hands and at the curbside pickup area they put your order on a table so that you do not get within 6 feet of the server who you just show your payment conformation screen on your phone from afar with no cash or credit card tendered in person.

Best though is to prepare your own meals at home and follow the social distancing rules faithfully along with wash your hands after touching anything out in public scrubbing and lathering for as long as it takes to sing out your ABC's in standard time.

For those that are full time you need to choose a location to stay in place at until this thing is somewhat brought under control.

Nobody said that dealing with a global pandemic would be easy and a relative few have unfortunately made it much harder and harsher for everyone else to deal with.

We basically know who they are and where they are coming from since so many law enforcement agencies are setting up checkpoints to stop them and weed them out based on the location shown on their vehicles license plates so naming them here is not needed.

It will be very sad for them to look themselves in the mirror and have to admit, like so many people in places such as Italy have had to, that they were personally responsible for the suffering and deaths of many additional hundreds to thousands of people than otherwise would have been impacted since they helped hasten COVID19's spread before effective prevention and treatments had been developed.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:49 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
It wouldn't matter to me. How is "Take Out" safe? How do I know the folks preparing the food you are going to eat aren't already infected with the virus?
I'm positive the kitchens aren't put into a vacuum while the cooks and dishwashers are working.
My wife and I both know how to cook and neither of us is lazy.
Lynn
Right On. We only eat what we cook.
Closed Thread