Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM   #85

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Yup the DW and I were just discussing how the clothing stores are closed but you can still buy clothes at Wal-mart and Target.......Wellcome to the best pre-view ever of Communism in our time
That's a very astute observation. Hadn't occurred to me. No idea why. Wal Mart is an "essential" business but some other clothing store is not??
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2020, 04:56 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
That's a very astute observation. Hadn't occurred to me. No idea why. Wal Mart is an "essential" business but some other clothing store is not??
I think it's because they have a pharmacy and groceries (and toilet paper)!

Mark
Old 04-26-2020, 05:19 PM   #87

This is why small businesses all over are scrambling to add something "essential" to their product lineup.

Imagine you own a chocolate store. You're non-essential, and so shut down, while your neighboring Big-Box Store can sell chocolate all day long, because they also sell something deemed essential. Not very fair.

That was the motivation for some states to tell retailers to rope off "non-essential" products like seeds and toys while remaining open. It was based on fairness, but the entire system has become too arbitrary.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 04-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodekyll View Post
I hope the drive-by clown car of amateur congressional lawyers doesn't come back. It's been making pandemics great again with that silly aaaHHHoooga horn and the kazoo chorus going ever since this thing started. Every time you think they're out of gas the price drops again, and they lurch around with another verse. They're all packed in there together so tight, singing the same song so hard that they don't notice nobody's driving. So along with the noise and nuisance, the uncontrolled car is running over it's own clowns -- red tin-foil hats and orange fright wigs crumpled everywhere. That just can't be survivable.
The clown cars I've seen rolling around my state have all kinds of hats and colors of crumpled wigs everywhere. One thing I've repeated a lot in the past couple months since this pandemic has hit is: "Never let a good crisis go to waste." My town just spent a couple million of taxpayer dollars to buy a Motel 6 for "quarantining" homeless who may infect others, yet let them freely walk away from their rooms to wander the streets and return. A big city not far away has a homeless quarantine center where they SUPPLY quarantined "residents" with 2 beers every four hours, up to 12 beers a day, as well a pot - again paid for with tax dollars. The idea is it gives them an "incentive" to stay at the facility. Not a red hat, or orange wig among those making those decisions. I say: "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, and I'm stuck in the middle with you. . . ."

To stay on topic, this is one reason we WILL return to the way things were before the pandemic, save some small changes because it's what humans do. People want to go about their lives without being bothered too much - especially to fight something most people will never see - a virus - or catch. It's something that happens to "other people."

In my opinion it doesn't matter who's driving or not driving the clown car, if that one crashes, there's plenty more waiting to take it's place.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
How about computer nerds acting like medical professionals. I hope its the end of that.
Must be referencing Bill Gates and his foundation. Was formed in the year 2000.
The primary goals of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty, and, in the U.S., to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology.

His foundation recently pledged $250 million dollars developing covid-19 vaccine manufacturing facilities.

Who can name another Republican or Democrat that has stepped up to make this kind of financial commitment?
Closed Thread