Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #29

Of course, people are stupid!

Governor opened our beaches. Beach patrol seems to have given up trying to break up groups. People are stupid.]

Case in point:
Our governor issued a request for folks from hard hit areas, ie NY and NJ to self quarantine for 14 days. Our county currently has 209 confirmed cases (probably do a times 10 on that since we have little or no testing) and have had 12 deaths from the virus, probably add 10 to that for folks who died out of hospital.

We have a new neighbor not exactly endearing himself to the locals. He is one of those people who give New Yorkers a bad name. We have close friends who are New Yorkers and we know he is not the norm.

When someone pointed out to him he is supposed to self quarantine and only essential travel. He should at least wear a mask, he responded - I'm not from the city. His home county has over 8,200 confirmed cases and 300 deaths. He takes no precautions and goes to Home Depot, etc.

What is wrong with people?

Oh I forgot, People are stupid.

So, yes we will see it again and again until their is a vaccine to protect me from the stupid people.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2020, 11:09 AM   #30

…..wonder what the country will look like after six more months of the "really smart" people hiding out in their basements, while the really "stupid" people [your words, not mine] risk their lives to provide medical support, and all the modern conveniences [eg. food, water, electricity, sanitation, etc], that the folks in the basements all need? For all those folks in basements, I wonder what your personal contribution toward keeping the country going will be until all of us "feel safe" again????
Curious minds want to know?
New Braunfels, Texas
Old 04-28-2020, 11:34 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
…..wonder what the country will look like after six more months of the "really smart" people hiding out in their basements, while the really "stupid" people [your words, not mine] risk their lives to provide medical support, and all the modern conveniences [eg. food, water, electricity, sanitation, etc], that the folks in the basements all need? For all those folks in basements, I wonder what your personal contribution toward keeping the country going will be until all of us "feel safe" again????
If you're directing it towards me, I'm not talking about our hourly workers who are risking their lives to put food on shelves or take your money at service stations. I'm not talking about our health care workers who risk their lives and well being every day to care for the sick, the police who respond, or the paramedics who risk their lives on every call. The stupid people are the ones, who like our new neighbor, cannot bring himself to self quarantine or to avoid unnecessary travel or even to wear a mask or bandanna when out and about. My comments were towards all the groups flocking to our beaches with no thought of social distancing. The people I see when I go out semi-monthly to pick up groceries I've ordered on-line wandering around with no masks or concerns about other people.

I am being careful. I am not going out and about any more than I must. If I do go out I wear a home made mask. I stay in contact with friends and family through facebook and zoom. I attend meetings electronically.

We will not feel safe anytime soon. We will avoid dining in restaurants, choosing to get food to go instead. We will avoid our usual type of RV trip - heavy on museums and restaurants and go for the natural wonders. We plan to avoid crowds and large groups of people as much as possible when we do venture out.

What are you doing?
Old 04-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #32

Quote:

Excellent example of how to properly construct a straw-man argument.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #33

Quote:
How are people in isolation moving the country forward? They are saving lives .
Old 04-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #34

Here we go again...
Old 04-28-2020, 09:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post

If you have no underlying conditions, then lets get back to work.
That is exactly what Sweden is doing. Our POTUS invoked the act that allows him to order meat processing plants back to work; also promised the government will provide PPE for workers.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 04-28-2020, 09:52 PM   #36

We need to reopen, and we need to do it intelligently.

"Vulnerable" people ought to hunker down as much as possible, and restrict their contacts with everyone else.

The rest of us need to get with the mask/washing/SD program.

Workplaces need to be redesigned quickly, and critical sectors - food, fuel, power, etc., given priority on PPE and help with redesign.

But we need to be producing and processing food. We need people to be productive, and solvent.

We cannot live with no virus protection, and in fear. But we also cannot live without food, shelter, fuel, power - in short, we cannot live without an employed citizenry.

It's a bit unseemly for people who are able to support themselves without needing to go to a workplace to keep insisting that millions of people without income should stay home because it makes them feel safer. This is all beginning to sound like "we destroyed the village in order to save it."

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 04-29-2020, 04:38 AM   #37

You people who say the ones that are staying home are the ones who are living in fear but really the ones living in fear are the people who are screaming for the economy to restart.
Relax the world isnt ending, the economy will restart but if it starts too soon and this virus ramps up again it will shut everything down and prolong the economic hardship.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:24 AM   #38

There are many small business's and some big business's as well that don't have the luxury to stay shut down to prevent a re-occurance if it happens. Should we force them to stay closed?
It's easy to stay isolated if you're retired and you don't depend on a paycheck to eat.

Consider that the news about deaths and new cases reported on the evening news are rarely reported from areas outside the big cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, etc, where public transportation is common and social distancing is more difficult.

My wife or I go to Walmart once a week for food and we don't see many people practicing social distancing and wearing masks. Personally I think they should so we avoid going to the grocery stores to the extent we can - hence once a week.

Should we force business to stay closed to prevent a re-occurance? I don't think so. Each person should make their decision on how to respond. Some must work, does our govt have the moral authority to prevent them from working? Some will get sick and some will die just like with other diseases. My county just north of Tampa has 5 deaths related to C-19 out of a population of half a million. For us this shutdown seems like an over-reaction.

I will continue to stay at home and when necessary to shop wear a mask. I'm retired so that makes a big difference on my reaction to this. We will continue with our summer plans to travel to upstate N.Y and rural Michigan staying in state parks with plenty of room to social distance. We may contact this disease or we may get T boned by a drunk driver but we are not going to live in fear and will take sensible precautions when warranted.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
Old 04-29-2020, 05:38 AM   #39

Darwinism at play here. Example: Part of the population believes what the president says and drink the Clorox and disinfectant. Others go to churches in mass. The "cautious smart" people are wearing masks and avoiding the others with social distancing.

Nothing wrong with thinning the herd.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Part of the population believes what the president says and drink the Clorox and disinfectant.
And part of the population lacks the honesty to tell the truth about current events.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Old 04-29-2020, 08:55 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
And part of the population lacks the honesty to tell the truth about current events.

Yes, you certainly do.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:24 AM   #42

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
For all those folks in basements, I wonder what your personal contribution toward keeping the country going will be until all of us "feel safe" again????
That IS a contribution!

If they have no purpose being out, they have no chance of spreading virus to others!!!
Closed Thread