Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Will you take the Covid-19 shots?
YES 81 72.32%
NO 5 4.46%
If NO, NO for personal reasons 1 0.89%
If NO, NO for medical reasons 4 3.57%
If NO, NO for lack of confidence in vaccine safety or effectiveness 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yes I will be taking it.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #58

Can't wait for my shot and I want Busskipper's image from page 1.

I can't imagine the shot to be any worse than the reaction I had to the geezer flu shot this year.
Charming is offline   Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #59

My answer is NO for medical reasons.

Back in 2009 I received the regular flu shot. It attacked my spinal cord paralyzing me for two weeks from the neck down. It was a two yr. recovery.

I contracted Transverse Myelitis which is scary to read about. 33% of people recovery fully (me!), 33% have partial paralysis and the remainder don't recover and can be fully paralyzed.

So, I can't take the vaccine since I had a reaction to that flu shot. I had taken the flu shot for 20 yrs. before this incident with no issues.

My Neurologist highly discouraged the vaccine for me. I will have to where a mask and distance until this pandemic is over.

Safe travels!
Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post
My answer is NO for medical reasons.

Back in 2009 I received the regular flu shot. It attacked my spinal cord paralyzing me for two weeks from the neck down. It was a two yr. recovery.

I contracted Transverse Myelitis which is scary to read about. 33% of people recovery fully (me!), 33% have partial paralysis and the remainder don't recover and can be fully paralyzed.

So, I can't take the vaccine since I had a reaction to that flu shot. I had taken the flu shot for 20 yrs. before this incident with no issues.

I will have to where a mask and distance until this pandemic is over.

Safe travels!
Mark
Fingers crossed many who don't trust the vaccine will see the light so we will more quickly see the end to the pandemic.
Charming is offline   Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Seems the 'anti-bodies' are short lived

Todd Ellerin, the director of infectious diseases at South Shore Hospital in Massachusetts

“The duration of immunity is unclear, but it does make sense that we may start seeing cases of reinfection with the novel coronavirus, as with other common coronavirus infections,"

Dr James Hamblin MD
Protective antibodies naturally wane over time. Viruses also change over time, especially RNA viruses like this one. This happens every year with influenza, such that immunity from one year’s strain may not protect someone from the next year’s strain.

Dr. Mark Kortepeter (Infectious Disease/Public Health Physician)
We can test people for antibodies to demonstrate this. The big unknown, though, is how long will that immunity last – days, weeks, months? Unfortunately, it is too early to tell.

Thinking you are SAFE because of anti-bodies is playing Russian Roulette with yours and others health

Mask up
Wash your hands OFTEN
Social Distance

Simple..........

Your immune system reacts to a vaccine in a similar way that it would if it were being invaded by the disease — by making antibodies. The antibodies destroy the vaccine germs just as they would the disease germs — like a training exercise. Then they stay in your body, giving you immunity. If you are ever exposed to the real disease, the antibodies are there to protect you.

If your saying the anti-bodies don't last, will the vaccine need repeated over and over? Or are the vaccines creating a different anti-body than actually having covid? Since I have some protection, I'll wait and let others who need it get it first. It will also give time to see what longer-term side effects might be.

MICHAL LINIAL, a professor of biological chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem: “Classical vaccines were designed to take 10 years to develop. I don’t think the world can wait for a classical vaccine.”
But when asked if she would take the vaccine right away, she responded: “I won’t be taking it immediately – probably not for at least the coming year, we have to wait and see whether it really works.”

Of course there is always the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program if things go south.......
Old 12-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #62

Outdoors RV Owners Club
As I have said,, It's a yes for me. Before you say no talk to you Dr about this Vaccine. It works in a different way than the others per my Dr. There should be no risk in taking it. Less risk in the Vaccine than in getting the virus and getting sick. We all make choices in life.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
I'll be in the later group of folks eligible for the vaccine i.e. under age 65, no underlying health conditions, etc. By the time enough vaccine is ready for me (e.g. spring 2021) there will be millions of folks who have received the vaccine to definitely show if the vaccine is effective and has any bad side effects.

I've received the usual vaccines during my 55 years of life with zero problems. Most recently I received the annual flu vaccine and my first dose of Shingrix shingles vaccine and had no problems.

A SARS-Covid vaccine has been in development for 15 years since the SARS-1 virus emerged in 2005. It should be no surprise that research was ready to quickly develop a SARS-2 vaccine. Trusting that the researchers medical professionals are maintaining their strong ethics, the SARS-2 vaccine I think should have low risks that are far outweighed by the many benefits.
fagnaml is offline   Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 11:14 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Additional post were removed as the warnings were all ignored.
With that the thread is closed!

Thanks to those who posted within the Community Rules and Covid Readme.
Closed Thread