Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2020, 11:36 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I read that the trial I mentioned in the first post is a double blind study and that half of the test subjects would be given a placebo, not the vaccine. Do you suppose they will then expose all the test subjects to the virus so they can test for effectiveness? If so, I wouldn’t want to be in the placebo group.
You're talking about a human challenge trial. Right now there is no plan to do that. It's an ethics issue.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/23/...id-19-vaccine/
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2020, 05:38 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
You're talking about a human challenge trial. Right now there is no plan to do that. It's an ethics issue.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/23/...id-19-vaccine/
How can they test a vaccine without exposing the test subjects to the virus? I guess this would have to include the placebo group as well. What good is the test if they dont test the vaccine on the virus. So I guess half the guinea pigs are getting exposed to the virus without the vaccine. Not something I would sign up for. I will not get the vaccine period. My body, my choice.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #45

Seems it would be easier and cheaper to just take the Hydrochloriquine, Zinc ans Zithromax cocktail and call it a day. You ever notice no one dies from the flu anymore!
Old 08-06-2020, 07:40 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
How can they test a vaccine without exposing the test subjects to the virus? I guess this would have to include the placebo group as well. What good is the test if they dont test the vaccine on the virus. So I guess half the guinea pigs are getting exposed to the virus without the vaccine. Not something I would sign up for. I will not get the vaccine period. My body, my choice.
They do not expose people to the virus. Preliminary work is done in the lab. That's where the experts/scientists come into play.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...e/art-20484859

https://www.vaccinestoday.eu/stories...nes-developed/
Old 08-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Pretty sure they are testing to see if the vaccine itself has any adverse reactions in humans.

They have already tested the vaccine in other hosts to see if it is effective against the virus.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:32 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Seems it would be easier and cheaper to just take the Hydrochloriquine, Zinc ans Zithromax cocktail and call it a day. You ever notice no one dies from the flu anymore!
I wish you luck with your concoction. How did you come up with the notion that no one dies from the flu anymore?
Old 08-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #49

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
They have already tested the vaccine in other hosts to see if it is effective against the virus.
The US paid $1.8 million for macaque monkeys for virus research several months ago. It seems to be paying off.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...ccine-results/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-06-2020, 10:23 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
I wish you luck with your concoction. How did you come up with the notion that no one dies from the flu anymore?
Thank you, it's not reported is it, just covid, and good luck to you also with your vaccine.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:50 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Thank you, it's not reported is it, just covid, and good luck to you also with your vaccine.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm
Old 08-07-2020, 06:42 AM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
I would not qualify for a study due to age and other issues. However I did participate in safety studies when in my 20s. I actually worked in an immunology lab (I was a biochemist), and I have absolutely no problem with vaccinations. Your body is exposed to disease causing organisms all the time, and it fights them off using an immune response. A vaccination uses a deactivated viral component to generate the same type of response without the danger of the entire organism. The scientific question is whether they grabbed the correct piece of the organism that will generate the immune response which is why they test these things.

And for those associating chronic diseases with vaccinations, please do not confuse correlation with causation. That is bad science.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #53

No vaccine studies have ever included placebos. Why would this one be different? And so far 100% of the test subjects have had side effecrs. I watched Robert Kennedy Jr and Alan Derchowich converse about vaccines. They are pretty much a criminal enterprise. Aside from whatever they may or may not do medicaly. They also grow them on aborted baby tissue in the last stage of production. They have no clue what the fetus dna does once it is in your body. Look up St Jude patents on hydroxychloriquin for cancer and dna repair in 2002 03 04. It's on google. You'll get a clue as to why they don't want you taking hydrochloroquin. . I'll leave it there.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:44 PM   #54

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
No vaccine studies have ever included placebos. Why would this one be different? And so far 100% of the test subjects have had side effects.
I'm just telling you what I read in the link I posted in post #1.

Can you provide a link about the side effects you mentioned?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-17-2020, 03:56 PM   #55

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'm just telling you what I read in the link I posted in post #1.

Can you provide a link about the side effects you mentioned?
Most tests are 80 percent vac and 20 percent plasibo. My study is 13 months. Most visits first 57 days. This is my 4th virus study.
I'm 76 with no health problems.
Pays decent. They are glad to have you. My team is great.
Blood test covid test total exam
Urine test etc.blood test for antibodies first visit and every few weeks. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200401_110816643_HDR.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	297572
Old 08-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #56

Can’t qualify for the test because I have already had the Covid 19 virus and recovered. But once the vaccine is ready I will definitely take it because I definitely do not want to get the virus again.
Closed Thread