Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2020, 07:08 PM   #85

Based on nature of toilet paper hoarding and mask controversies I don’t look forward to vaccinations in April after half million deaths.

I wrote that off the phone doing the quick one liner thing that the internet is famous for. But I am concerned that if we do have a half a million dead by April when vaccines might be available to everyone it might get ugly. The mind set that sees it's all about me, hoarding, and again mask controversies, might make it complicated when patience and consideration for others is super important.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2020, 07:45 PM   #86

currently building refrigeration and freezer farm for all 3.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:48 AM   #87
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Based on nature of toilet paper hoarding and mask controversies I don’t look forward to vaccinations in April after half million deaths.

I wrote that off the phone doing the quick one liner thing that the internet is famous for. But I am concerned that if we do have a half a million dead by April when vaccines might be available to everyone it might get ugly. The mind set that sees it's all about me, hoarding, and again mask controversies, might make it complicated when patience and consideration for others is super important.

I have all the consideration and compassion possible in this situation. You take the vaccine, i’ll go fishin[emoji848]
Old 11-20-2020, 09:15 AM   #88

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
No, not me. No testing of early drugs. I got the swin flu vaccine early back in the early 70's. I got sick for several day. It was discovered after I took it that something like one in 100,000 people died from the vaccine.

I have done my part for science. I need to let other people have the joy of giving.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
the people wearing masks are anti-vaxers? huh? i'm already sorry i asked.
Let me rephrase that. Maskless=Anti-vaxer.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #90

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Give it to everyone at the CDC and WHO first, then every politician. They would be the perfect clinical trial group.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:01 PM   #91

The discussion of long term safety cannot be addressed without some long term time.

Most of the vaccines are in Phase 3 trials now. Pfizer has applied for emergency use authorization; Moderna appears to be a few weeks away.

There are also some promising therapeutics in development. All of this is a bit of good news in an otherwise bleak outlook.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #92

You bet I'll take it if offered. Anyone in the line ahead of me wishes to bow out is more than welcome to do that too. It just moves me closer to the front and faster to get the shot(s). I flew world wide in the Air Force and took shots for just about every disease available without a problem. At 79 I need all the help I can get, and will be happy to get it.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #93

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
You bet I'll take it if offered. Anyone in the line ahead of me wishes to bow out is more than welcome to do that too. It just moves me closer to the front and faster to get the shot(s). I flew world wide in the Air Force and took shots for just about every disease available without a problem. At 79 I need all the help I can get, and will be happy to get it.
Have received 1 st shot and second shot at day 65 due to pause in study. Minor reaction to vaccine. Multiple blood draws after each shot from one to four weeks. Excellent responses in immunity cell numbers. When offered, just get it. Age 75 [emoji16][emoji106]
Old 11-21-2020, 12:51 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Silber View Post
Have received 1 st shot and second shot at day 65 due to pause in study. Minor reaction to vaccine. Multiple blood draws after each shot from one to four weeks. Excellent responses in immunity cell numbers. When offered, just get it. Age 75 [emoji16][emoji106]
Lucky you. Good health and long life.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:59 PM   #95

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you and same for you and your family. [emoji106]
Old 11-21-2020, 01:02 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Let me rephrase that. Maskless=Anti-vaxer.
An accurate assessment.

In my case though, I'm a Mask=Anti-vaxer kinda guy, at least for now. Need to give this some time if possible.

My main reason for wearing a mask is to keep from spreading covid to someone that might be more susceptible to its charms. Similarly, I might change my mind about the vaccine if it's proven to reduce the chance of me spreading the disease. I'm not holding my breath at this point in time...

Pigman1,,, you can have my spot.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:50 PM   #97

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Silber View Post
Which vaccine did you get, Russ? And if I’m not being too nosey - can you elaborate a bit on your minor side effect?

You are a modern day pioneer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-21-2020, 02:07 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
The discussion of long term safety cannot be addressed without some long term time.

Most of the vaccines are in Phase 3 trials now. Pfizer has applied for emergency use authorization; Moderna appears to be a few weeks away.

There are also some promising therapeutics in development. All of this is a bit of good news in an otherwise bleak outlook.
agree. most of my ‘is it safe’ concerns were addressed when i read that the vax does not contain live or dead virus.
Closed Thread