RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Would you get tested for Covid-19?
Yes 35 41.67%
No 42 50.00%
Don't Know 7 8.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2020, 06:32 AM   #57

[Moderator Edit] I would not be tested for this or any thing else . things are not like it was 50 yrs ago. Doctors used to care for their patient. Now they care for the pay check that comes from the insurance co. The insurance co controlls the country and your Dr. Your hospital your drug store. And your life if you let them.and most people don't know they think there in control. The insurance co spends x amount of $ on you and then your life is over nothing you can do because you've give all your info to them.[Moderator Edit]

Kenaleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2020, 06:37 AM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
This crisis is over. I found toilet paper on the shelves yesterday.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:04 AM   #59

I've not seen what was happening in isolated areas. Just before we went into reduced exposure mode, we stopped at Costco to buy dog food and some frozen goods. I saw one person with a huge load of stuff in one of the big commercial carts. I don't know if he was panic buying or helping friends and family.

We were somewhat concerned that grocery stores might be more limited than they were but we had enough to weather the storm, until we had a better idea of what was going to happen, if I had not forgotten to buy flour on my last grocery run that is. As it was I learned the joys of curbside pick up for groceries at Walmart. The good, the bad, and the ugly of allowing others to do your shopping.

Some folks keep trotting out fear and panic. I don't see it, I don't hear it from my friends and neighbors. I don't even hear it on the 24/7 news shows we watch. I think some folks might want to start visiting happier websites and watching Cartoon Network because it is starting to affect their mental state and perception of what others are doing or are not doing in regards to protecting themselves and their family..

SC opened earlier than I think it should have, no one asked me, and from one of the updates by the governor, the state's health officer didn't sound overly happy about it either.

We are a resort area and people are coming in from all over. I was concerned when we only had carry out for restaurants, we seemed to be the only ones with masks. Now that the restaurants are open now for some seating, it looks like they are much more careful of their guests. We shall see how long that lasts.

The only fear I have is that in most areas only those who work in certain jobs have a test and in my area only those with symptoms are tested.

The idea for testing is not to test everyone, every day, by to find out how wide spread it is in the community. You cannot find that out unless you test people who are not presenting with symptoms.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:51 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
i'm glad you were negative but that doesn't mean you're negative now or that you woukdn't have tested positive a week later or that you won't be sick next week. you might also die from a piano falling out of an apartment window next thursday. life is risky. there is no such thing as 'safe'.
Im not phobic, and got tested to see where I was at, at, that time. As if I had it/got over it, I would know and would donate platelets/plasma where I am now in MN. Im waiting to see my older mother to make sure I didn't get anything on the way hear. I have no problem with myself, just don't want to hurt/give anyone anything.
Chances of getting hit by a piano are better today than years ago. As no one wants one, so they try to sell it, then try to give it away, then toss it out the window.
Traveler4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:54 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by grldst View Post
Unless you have flu like symptoms, testing serves no useful purpose whatsoever. A total waste of time and resources.
Yes it does, as if one wanted to help others that were in a bad condition, one could get tested and donate platelets/plasma to help others. If one had it and showed no signs of it and got over it.
Traveler4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler4321 View Post
...Chances of getting hit by a piano are better today than years ago. As no one wants one, so they try to sell it, then try to give it away, then toss it out the window.
lol...so true.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:18 AM   #63

Quote:
Yes it does, as if one wanted to help others that were in a bad condition, one could get tested and donate platelets/plasma to help others. If one had it and showed no signs of it and got over it.
That would be the antibody test.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
You are referencing the antibody test. Totally different test and does not apply to the survey.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
Yes, before I drive school bus next fall as a sub driver, I would like to know my risk factor. I really think I already had the virus last Jan. I had a 3 week losing my breath type cough, lost 10 lbs and was in bed for 4 days and even had my yearly flu shot earlier that fall.
I believe this virus arrived much earlier and is more wide spread then the government is letting on.
I know where those 10 pounds can be found, you can come get them anytime it's convenient, and my belt will thank you.
dbircky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
Maybe you should visit your local hospital and ask a doctor about his concerns on coronavirus and if it's worth panicking about! Those are the people we should be hearing from, not politicians or media.
Hard to do that here - one hospital ER closed due to lack of business.......
dbircky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #67

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If getting a C19 test became mandatory, how much would you resist it?
If getting the vaccine became mandatory, how much would you resist it and what would you be willing to give up not to get it?
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
If getting a C19 test became mandatory, how much would you resist it?
If getting the vaccine became mandatory, how much would you resist it and what would you be willing to give up not to get it?
mandatory, to me, implies civil and maybe criminal penalties. if that were the case we'd get the vax. not willing to pay a fine or lose our liberty. before it becomes mandatory. i suspect unsuccessful court challenges.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #69
laj

If it became mandatory we’ve already lost out freedoms so nothing more to lose. fines, penalties, threats don’t mean a thing at that point anymore.
like i said above, no way no how no sir
period.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #70

Outdoors RV Owners Club
And you get a chip installed to prove you got it.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test