Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
We were originally planning to leave for the Oregon coast yesterday, now planning to reschedule for August, but it all depends on the number of cases staying low. We won't go anywhere that is having an outbreak, whether they're open or not. Fortunately, Oregon has done a pretty good job so far.

Those states that are opening up too soon will just end up paying later IMHO.
My (our) thoughts exactly! Not sure why politicians are in charge when it's a health issue.

Oklahoma is "opening up" although some communities are hanging onto more stringent requirements than the state. Some others are dropping "requirements" and making them "suggestions" instead.

We are going to do what will keep us safe, and if it helps to keep others safe, too, so much the better.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2020, 10:41 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyG View Post
My (our) thoughts exactly! Not sure why politicians are in charge when it's a health issue.

Oklahoma is "opening up" although some communities are hanging onto more stringent requirements than the state. Some others are dropping "requirements" and making them "suggestions" instead.

We are going to do what will keep us safe, and if it helps to keep others safe, too, so much the better.
How do you think politicians aren’t going to be involved?

Start with cdc.gov. Government organization.
FEMA. Government organization.
Politicians declare a State of Emergency, issue Executive Orders, pass legislation for emergency funding, etc.

This gives us all something to gripe about.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:49 AM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's what our health experts think:

(From The Associated Press)

"New confirmed daily infections in the U.S. exceed 20,000, and deaths per day are well over 1,000, according to the Johns Hopkins tally. And public health officials warn that the failure to lower the infection rate could lead to many more deaths — perhaps tens of thousands — as people venture out and businesses reopen."
Old 05-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same places. I've lived in Oregon 67 years and rode ATVs at the coast. Mainly Florence.
Sand Lake ORV area is up north by Tillamook.
Winchester Bay is south of Reedsport.
They're 131 miles apart.
OOPS😨 brain farts are horrible
I meant to say Netarts bay
Old 05-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
And Oregon has a very large rainy day fund....
Ohio has 2.8 Billion in rainy day funds. The governor just announced 800 Thousand in budget cuts over the next two months. Up until he shut the state down, tax revenues were up 200 Thousand for the year. In total: 1 Billion spent in 7 weeks. (20,000 confirmed and probable cases). He is not using the rainy day funds, he stated he wants to save that for later. Schools and Medicare are taking the biggest hits.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyG View Post
Here's what our health experts think:

(From The Associated Press)

"New confirmed daily infections in the U.S. exceed 20,000, and deaths per day are well over 1,000, according to the Johns Hopkins tally. And public health officials warn that the failure to lower the infection rate could lead to many more deaths — perhaps tens of thousands — as people venture out and businesses reopen."
Not long ago, global “health experts” from a certain Organization, said the virus could not be transmitted from person to person. They also advised that travel restrictions were unnecessary.

Some “health expert” convinced California’s Governor to announce that more than 22 million Californians would be infected with the virus. So far it’s about 55 thousand.

But none of this has anything to do with Oregon reopening State parks, which began happening today. It would be nice if they required out of state visitors to self-quarantine for 14 days, as Montana is doing.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:43 PM   #49

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Our illustrous governor has decided to close Oregon until sometime in July. That likely means no OSP will be open this summer. It also likely means Oregon will be bankrupt long before anyone can return to work.
Well you get what you vote for. And a certain political group wants the economy to fail so another political group can possibly lose the election. No matter what the cost to the people. Personally my vote is for the people not the social devide and identity politics. Some people are going to make the decision food on the table or for, it doesn't matter which bathroom you use. One will open the states the other will take your freedoms and leave you poor and hungry and still without TP.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #50

I need to make an essential trip to prevent an environmental disaster by checking oil is not leaking from my sailboat. This will include about 800 miles on Oregon highways (?) using different north south routes.

What is my risk of encountering civid-19?

I checked statistics in the 4 counties I will travel. Three have zero cases and the 4th has one death but the major population center can be bypassed.

What is the risk of a deer through the windshield?

Interesting that Oregon traffic fatalities have decreased by 35.9% since the panic-demic stay how suggestions.

While goverment suggestions to reduce virus deaths is dubious at best, clearly there is justification for goverment protecting us from traveling.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #51

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a trip planned leaving VA on June l6. WV, OH, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND, MT, WY, ID, OR, CA, NV, AZ, NM, TX, OK, MO, KY, TN, and back to VA.

I do not think I will have any problems. I will stay flexible and reroute as required. May lose some money for reservations made last January. I still plan on making this trip one way or another with my face mask, gloves, and 6 feet distance as required.
Closed Thread