Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Barb, 159 new cases in Yuma County TODAY11/10/20
Harvey,

The numbers jump up and down but from what I understand those aren’t all newly diagnosed cases. Those are simply positive test results. Many people who do test positive are often retested. I think the lower death toll is more accurate. Many schools have gone back to the buildings so I think the higher numbers are students and teachers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2020, 08:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Harvey,

The numbers jump up and down but from what I understand those aren’t all newly diagnosed cases. Those are simply positive test results. Many people who do test positive are often retested. I think the lower death toll is more accurate. Many schools have gone back to the buildings so I think the higher numbers are students and teachers.

Barb, anyone who tests positive is retested until the test negative, that’s who they get the numbers for active cases, positive testers are removed from the active cases list when they test negative.

Once you test positive you go into the state registry and you can’t be put into the registry again.

The death rates are going down because we are getting smarter. For instance our own bodies would sometimes create so many antibodies that we would attack our own organs. Other diseases do the same thing and there are therapies that treat that and one of the first things that happen is we are tested for that and treated to stop it. Those deaths no longer happen. It seems every day there is another old-new therapy is discovered and we have success treating the virus.

If the vaccines using the RNA method do have a 90% (Russia claims theirs has a 92%) success rate we can have a real handle on it this time next year.

What I watch is the hospitalization numbers. For instance Dallas county had over 1400 new cases yesterday, 479 hospitalizations. Today it was just over 1300 new cases but 579 hospitalizations. The hospital numbers trail the new case numbers.

The Yuma County site has no new numbers today because of the Holiday. The same thing is happening in my county, Grayson county Texas.

We have agreed to rent out our Yuma lot this season.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Harvey,

Barb, 159 are new cases. There are also 55 hospitalized currently with 7 in intensive care.
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 11-12-2020, 07:46 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Harvey,

Once a person has tested positive, their subsequent positive tests do not get double counted. That!s why they keep track of your name and identification so they don’t double count the positives. For example, health professionals sometimes need to be tested multiple times to see when they are negative. They might have 3 positive results, but they are counted as only 1 case. Their subsequent tests are counted in the daily total of tests, but not as new positives. Want to confirm? Go check your state health department. This is the way my state, the CDC, and the WHO count positives. I also checked a few random states, and they all do it the same way.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply
Old 11-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #19

Yuma County Twitter Account

92 new cases as of a couple hours ago Yuma county today
We jumped over a hundred last two days here in Grayson county
Granddaughter is getting big award tomorrow in OKC from her school. We will FaceTime later
COVID is killing us
Old 11-13-2020, 06:45 PM   #20

69 new cases today in Yuma County.
139 new cases today in Grayson County AZ

We did the Zoom thing to watch granddaughter get her award for teacher of the year for her school. Not as good as being there in person but better than not seeing it at all.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #21

It appears Yuma County and our Grayson County are not giving Reports today.

We got a call from one of our neighbors in the Foothills this afternoon. They arrived first of November from eastern Washington. They said the neighborhood was a ghost town. They went to Frys (Krogers) in the Foothills yesterday. Everyone was wearing masks but it was packed and they won’t be doing that again, they’ll use call in order pick up in the parking lot from now on.

Dallas County just south of us had their highest new case count ever, 1500 plus, today. Tarrant County, Ft Worth also had a record count today.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:40 PM   #22

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...19/dashboards/

I found the state of Arizona dashboard and they have 232 new cases added today 11/14/20 for Yuma county.

Double doggone darn
Old 11-15-2020, 05:21 PM   #23

Quote:
https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...19/dashboards/

I found the state of Arizona dashboard and they have 232 new cases added today 11/14/20 for Yuma county.

Double doggone darn

126 new cases today, no new deaths
Old 11-15-2020, 09:04 PM   #24

Just wondering why you keep posting these updates. One can look at them on the website if needed.
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 11-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #25

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
126 new cases today, no new deaths
Hmm, even though the case count is increasing, the death count remains very low in AZ. I wonder if that is because the virus has mutated to a gentler strain or if the new cases are in a younger, healthier segment of our population? I’m thankful for whatever’s sparing our citizens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply
Old 11-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Just wondering why you keep posting these updates. One can look at them on the website if needed.

You can't see an update for Frys grocery store on the County site . I find this all interesting so I hope the updates continue.
emcee is offline   Reply
Old 11-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #27

No new deaths but 160 new cases in Yuma county today. Grayson county jumped almost a hundred new cases between yesterday. We also picked up 4 more deaths.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Hmm, even though the case count is increasing, the death count remains very low in AZ. I wonder if that is because the virus has mutated to a gentler strain or if the new cases are in a younger, healthier segment of our population? I’m thankful for whatever’s sparing our citizens.
Barb the reason you're seeing public officials screaming right now is they know that hospitalizations trail new case numbers and death counts come after that. Dallas county last week was having a fit about 900 new cases a day, today they hit over 1800. They could be in El Paso conditions sooner than later.