Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2022, 06:27 AM   #1

2020 Verona 40VBH For Sale???

Hey everyone, we have a 2020 Verona 40VBH that we are ready to sell. My husband got a new job and we just don't have the RV lifestyle anymore. My question is: the dealerships are trying to LOW ball us on price. Current book on our RV is 233,000 but they are offering way below that. Do you think if we offered it for sale on RV trader instead of going through a dealership we could make 233,000? And, does anyone have any experience selling on RV trader.com?
Thanks!
lewisd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2022, 09:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisd01 View Post
Hey everyone, we have a 2020 Verona 40VBH that we are ready to sell. My husband got a new job and we just don't have the RV lifestyle anymore. My question is: the dealerships are trying to LOW ball us on price. Current book on our RV is 233,000 but they are offering way below that. Do you think if we offered it for sale on RV trader instead of going through a dealership we could make 233,000? And, does anyone have any experience selling on RV trader.com?
Thanks!
I am no expert on this subject, however 3 years ago I did sell a 2 year old travel trailer for my son on RV trader. We were able to get book value plus a little which was 21% higher than what the dealer was offering to buy it back. Given the popularity of the Verona 40 VBH, and a market that is currently still very lean in used or new RVs of this type, I would say you are going to do much better than what the dealer is offering.

Things to consider is the patience to manage through the phone calls, e mails and vetting out the best opportunity. Selling a $200K MH is a little different clientele than selling a $30K traveler which can have positives and negatives.
If you have the time, I would think the positives out way the negatives.
There are several websites that offer cookie cutter "bill of sale" documents that can be used for the transaction. I have sold a couple of cars and a boat using similar tactics and have not had a problem.

In all of my cases I have owned the vehicles out right (did not have a bank loan). If bank loan is involved, as long as they get their money to pay off the loan, not sure I can see an issue. That said, it is another step to clear the title for transfer.

Hopefully this helps, but may bring value less than a cup of coffee.

Good luck.
Wayne
2021 Verona VRB
trailerbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:54 AM   #3

There are 3 listed on RVTrader now. Curious where you found the 233k figure?
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:51 PM   #4

From one of the sales guys. He said it was “book” price
Old 05-26-2022, 06:22 PM   #5

Not sure how accurate NADA is but they show it substantially higher
Old 05-26-2022, 06:48 PM   #6

That is way undervalued. I’ve been watching the used Renegade Verona and Valencia market for the last 6 months. I’d almost purchase your Verona right now at $233k and try to sell the 2021Valencia 38BB I purchased about 3 months ago. I couldn’t justify the 60-70k increase for the Verona.

Of course when I purchased 3 months ago, that was the peak and prices are starting to come down some. You should be able to list a 2020 Verona 40VBH for around $300k and expect you would have plenty of interest quickly around $285-290k depending on mileage, condition, and options.

Good luck.
robtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:15 PM   #7

$233k sounds low. Just do a few searches and see what others are asking. How many miles are on it? Overall condition good? And whereas $233k sounds low, I would say the suggestions at $300k are too high. I bought a new 2022 VBH in January with every option except LiPo batteries and I was out the door for under $320k. I would imagine you can sell for north of $250, likely close to $275. I would Advertise on RV Trader, Craigslist and Str8upToyTrader.
DockmasterAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:56 AM   #8

Thanks everyone. My hubby told me if I asked a question over here I would get helpful and prompt answers. Appreciate all the info!
Old 05-27-2022, 11:45 AM   #9

Dockmasters advice is spot on.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:23 PM   #10

Nada price

Research the NADA price. Don’t do the low but sometimes the average price in this market is high. I bought a 2016 Verona and pushed them towards the low (with the dealer). We purchased about 1/3 higher then the low price, but no where near NADA’s average price. We took into consideration a softening market
CptCurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:26 PM   #11

Also try RVT.com. It was where I looked for MH’s for sale
CptCurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, sale