Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:41 AM   #1

2022 Valencia snap pad issues

Does anyone know if the issue with the snap pads coming off the rear of the Valencia’s is fixed? I remember seeing a video where the sway bar travel would know the pad off. I have a new 2022 RW coming in a few weeks and was wondering if there ever was a fix. If not, is there any alternative to a pad for the EQ level foot?
Klcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2022, 06:19 PM   #2

The issue isn’t fixed. I haven’t lost a rear snap pad on my Valencia, but they’re often slightly hanging off the metal pad. If I had to do it over again, I would only buy pads for the front.
drewtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:27 PM   #3

I bought snap pads for my thor 6 years ago. My thor had an odd size base on the jacks and the snap pads were loose. So I drilled two 1/2" holes into each base then drilled two holes in each snap pad. I used 1/4" bolts, nylon nuts and big area washers to attach the snap pads and hold them in place.

I just ordered snap pads for my valencia. They should be here Wednesday. I plan to do the same thing to the rear jacks that I did to my thor. Hopefully it works out ok.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:00 PM   #4
From Runways To Roadways

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klcamaro1 View Post
Does anyone know if the issue with the snap pads coming off the rear of the Valencia’s is fixed? I remember seeing a video where the sway bar travel would know the pad off. I have a new 2022 RW coming in a few weeks and was wondering if there ever was a fix. If not, is there any alternative to a pad for the EQ level foot?
Ya still a problem. Noticed my 2022 Valencia today setting up, rear snap pads where partially falling off. Going to have to pull the rear off before they fall off. They snapped back in when I put them down.
rolick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klcamaro1 View Post
Solution: Just don't use snap pads! Even with snap pads, you still need leveling pads....so just buy another leveling pad or two.
HoosierRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I bought snap pads for my thor 6 years ago. My thor had an odd size base on the jacks and the snap pads were loose. So I drilled two 1/2" holes into each base then drilled two holes in each snap pad. I used 1/4" bolts, nylon nuts and big area washers to attach the snap pads and hold them in place.

I just ordered snap pads for my valencia. They should be here Wednesday. I plan to do the same thing to the rear jacks that I did to my thor. Hopefully it works out ok.

Jerry
Installed the snap pads today. Hardest part was drilling the two holes in each of the rear jack bases. Dead drill bit

Each pad had two 1/4-20 2-1/2" bolts

JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	20220421_091839.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	363239Click image for larger version

Name:	20220421_091906.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	363240
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-21-2022, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierRVer View Post
Solution: Just don't use snap pads! Even with snap pads, you still need leveling pads....so just buy another leveling pad or two.
I dont use leveling pads. Never had. Only snap pads

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-24-2022, 10:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Installed the snap pads today. Hardest part was drilling the two holes in each of the rear jack bases. Dead drill bit

Each pad had two 1/4-20 2-1/2" bolts

JerryAttachment 363239Attachment 363240
Can you keep us posted on how it works out? I lost both my rears and haven’t put the new ones on yet. Just curious if it is going to hold up or cause any other issues.
Happi Campah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 12:54 PM   #9

Yes, keep us posted. I am curious as to why you drilled 1/2" holes in the metal pad and a 1/4" hole in the Snap-pad? A 1/4" bolt head would make a small imprint into possibly asphalt pavement and put less pressure on the pad itself with the smaller head. Could use stailess bolts, washers and nuts, stronger than plastic nuts that could break if the pad catches. just some thoughts.

ROUGHRIDER3
2020 Valencia 38 RW
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 06:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGHRIDER3 View Post
Yes, keep us posted. I am curious as to why you drilled 1/2" holes in the metal pad and a 1/4" hole in the Snap-pad? A 1/4" bolt head would make a small imprint into possibly asphalt pavement and put less pressure on the pad itself with the smaller head. Could use stailess bolts, washers and nuts, stronger than plastic nuts that could break if the pad catches. just some thoughts.

ROUGHRIDER3
2020 Valencia 38 RW
It was my mistake Actually it was 3/8 hole and 1/4' bolts
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #11

Just a thought on the bolts. Elevator bolts would be ideal for this application they have large flat heads that taper in thickness from center out, other than the head they are like standard carriage bolts. Typically you can find them at Tractor supply as well as decent hardware stores, not sure about the big box stores.
Attached Images

Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 08:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
Just a thought on the bolts. Elevator bolts would be ideal for this application they have large flat heads that taper in thickness from center out, other than the head they are like standard carriage bolts. Typically you can find them at Tractor supply as well as decent hardware stores, not sure about the big box stores.
Thanks for this. They would be better. I'll see if home depot has them or even Amazon. No tractor supply around here

So the problem I see when I raised the rears yesterday to install the crossfire dually equalizer system is that the pads slid when raising and lowering

The bolt held up fine but with continuous use the bolt heads will wear down or break

My thor didn't move when using the jacks. I think the elevator bolts will solve the problem.

When torqued down the bolt head gets sucked into the pad but the hex head is kind of big

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 04-25-2022, 10:05 AM   #13

Steve-W......the elevator bolts are tappered the wrong way on the underside of the head, tapper should be on the top of the head like a carriage bolt. Underside of head should be flat for maximun retention of the rubber pad.

Just a thought as I have not seen the Snap-pad problem up close and personnel, but maybe the pad could be trimmed a litttle so as to not rub what ever it is rubbing on.

ROUGHRIDER3
2020 Valencia 38 RW
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGHRIDER3 View Post
Steve-W......the elevator bolts are tappered the wrong way on the underside of the head, tapper should be on the top of the head like a carriage bolt. Underside of head should be flat for maximun retention of the rubber pad.

Just a thought as I have not seen the Snap-pad problem up close and personnel, but maybe the pad could be trimmed a litttle so as to not rub what ever it is rubbing on.

ROUGHRIDER3
2020 Valencia 38 RW
I think the way they are tapered is fine. The head gets pulled into the snap pad so it fine

I ordered a bunch from Amazon. Will be here Wednesday
FMCA # F464385