Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2022, 10:42 AM   #43

Ok I have moved the front AC breaker to the inverter breaker panel. I will try to see if the rear AC will work without shedding. The fans start but the compressor will not start.
I have a call into Renegade about this.
As a separate item Load share is not working, but not sure why.

I do miss the Victron I had in my trailer before this.
BrewskiRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2022, 11:14 AM   #44

More than likely if the AC is wired to run off the lithium batteries and inverter the power shed will have no authority.

Look at the sub panel which is powered by your inverter to confirm the front AC unit circuit breaker is in that panel.

I don't know the capacity of your lithium battery and inverter could you share that with me. Also, past Renegades with lithium upgrades were unable to run the AC units.

Thanks Mike
Idleup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:58 AM   #45

Ok trying just the rear AC still a no go, fan but no compressor, shedding. Renegade did call me back and said try unplugging to comm cable from the inverter. Will try that tomorrow, next step they said was reprogramming the Firefly.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:36 PM   #46

What size battery and inverter do you have?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2022, 09:05 PM   #47

Right now I have the one that came with the unit the 3000 watt Magnum MSH3012RV This should handle one AC if I watch the other inverter loads for now. Later on I plan to get the Victron 5000 as I had a Victron 3000 in my last trailer and it worked great. I think they are easier to set up and run.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:01 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewskiRanch View Post
Ok trying just the rear AC still a no go, fan but no compressor, shedding. Renegade did call me back and said try unplugging to comm cable from the inverter. Will try that tomorrow, next step they said was reprogramming the Firefly.
Did they tell you how to reprogram the Firefly?
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 07:23 AM   #49

Quote:
Right now I have the one that came with the unit the 3000 watt Magnum MSH3012RV This should handle one AC if I watch the other inverter loads for now. Later on I plan to get the Victron 5000 as I had a Victron 3000 in my last trailer and it worked great. I think they are easier to set up and run.
Thanks for the reply - regretfully, the iinverter does not determine if the system can run an AC unit. 3000 watt inverters are standard equipment on most all larger motor homes.

You need to find the type and capacity of your batteries. If they are flooded or AGM they will not be unsuitable to run the AC. Even if you have lithium batteries they need to be of a large capacity of at least 400 ah and you'll only get an hour or so of run time.

In order to run an AC off lithium you'll need minimum 800 ah. Check your batteries and let me know what they installed.

I have the Victron 5000 watt inverter in my latest install called my 5112 dual Voltage Lithium System. TIt has a capacity of 32,000 watt hours using 51 volt lithium here's a link below

Thanks Mike

https://youtu.be/ZxSS44przNs

Old 07-09-2022, 09:36 AM   #50

Mike
It has the lithium upgrade from the factory. Right now the Verona has 7-100 Ah BattleBorn Lithium batteries. We just bought it so trying to figure everything out. On our fall trip to Reno we plan to add some batteries. After getting this power shedding figured out we plan to double the solar.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:19 PM   #51

Firefly

Anybody know how to get Firefly into configuration modes?
rp709 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 02:43 PM   #52

Quote:
Mike
It has the lithium upgrade from the factory. Right now the Verona has 7-100 Ah BattleBorn Lithium batteries. We just bought it so trying to figure everything out. On our fall trip to Reno we plan to add some batteries. After getting this power shedding figured out we plan to double the solar.

OK looks like you have a system with good capacity that will easily run your AC unit. Not sure how Renegade wired them up did you try calling tech service.

Mike
Old 07-12-2022, 06:55 AM   #53

Ok Woody at Renegade just got back to me about the shedding on the FireFly panel and said I need to talk to FireFly about programing. I will call them today and report what they say. I think this a fault in their programing as you should be able to add batteries and solar to run AC and other items.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:20 AM   #54

Ok just talked to the tech at FireFly and the programing was never written to see the power from the inverter. It will take custom programing.
I have been thinking that if the inverter AC output goes to the shore power input cord that should make the FireFly programing think it is getting shore power, as there is a com cable on the power transfer box that goes to the FireFly. If you unplug the com cable from the power transfer box the FireFly unit thinks there is no shore power.
I would need to install a three way switch on the shore power cord.
Any Ideas?
Old 07-13-2022, 03:30 PM   #55

I have the same problem. What # did you call to get Firefly tech? You are not the only one with the problem. Why can't they fix the software and issue an update?
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 03:56 PM   #56

Hello
The Firefly # 574-825-4600
I filled out the form online for support and Jesse Sidwell and I had been emailing back and forth, finally I said just call me and he did. That is when he told me that FireFly was never setup to get power from the inverter. What I have is a G12 setup of FireFly. It looks to me that the only way to get a new programing is to remove the unit and send it to them. The control unit is under the cooktop. The cook top is held in place with double stick foam.

Tags
charger, inverter