Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:13 PM   #1

Brand and model comparison

I asking for objective comparisons between a couple of competing brands and also some specific models of those brands. Dynamax and Renegade. I'm again looking for OBJECTIVE comparisons and comments, not so much subjective ones. It's easy to say brand X is crappy(subjective) but how is it crappy(objective)? Specific please. It's easy to be snarky with platitudes and cliches such as Ford Fix or repair daily, harder to be specific WHY Brand Y is better than Brand Z.

I'm going to make this similar post on a Dynamax forum for their responses. I live in SE AL and there are no dealers of either brand within several hundred miles for me to make this observations myself. Some things it takes a while to learn, some quickly. In 3 weeks I'll be in central FL and will visit a major dealer there. I've already started the process to look at these and some other plans of these brands.

I can give specific why I feel thor is substandard, from Styrofoam A/C ducting that has gaps, I looked with a borescope. Flimsy poorly supported shower. Entry level appliances such as toilet, water heater. Furniture material very thin and fragile. Front caps held on with self tapping screws that back out, are stripped and rusted. Documented by several forum members. I could go on.

I'm looking, online only so far, at the Dynamax Force 34KD, maybe DX3 in 34KD or Renegade Valencia 35MB, Verona 34VBQ or 36 VSB. I know that these are a different category than the Omni XG32 I have and also more $$$. Reasons for these models is mid 30s' length, NO full wall slide, no folding or break-a-bed and a floor plan compatible for our traveling style. Don't want an all electric coach.

I know that no builder makes the perfect RV not even a Newell or Marathon, but some manufacturers build better, have better factory QA and QC and deliver a better product to the buyer. I'm wanting to know what meaningful differences there are between the Dynamax and Renegade coaches. What and why is X better than Z?
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2021, 05:55 AM   #2

If you are going to be in Fl., go to North Trail in Ft. Myers and look at both. You will quickly see the difference and answer your question.
az99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
If you are going to be in Fl., go to North Trail in Ft. Myers and look at both. You will quickly see the difference and answer your question.
Thanks I'll see what they have. I was planning to peruse Lazydays in Tampa but they don't have anything. I've been rooked into a trip to Disney and was going to try to combine that with a "shopping trip".
Old 12-01-2021, 08:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
Thanks I'll see what they have. I was planning to peruse Lazydays in Tampa but they don't have anything. I've been rooked into a trip to Disney and was going to try to combine that with a "shopping trip".
LazyDays has the Dynamax in Tampa location and they have the Renegade Valencia and Verona in the Wildwood location (1hr north of Tampa, off I-75).

In Florida, North Trail in Ft Meyers is the biggest location that will have the widest selection of Renegade. They have Valencia, Verona, classic, ikon along with other brands.
MemByTheMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemByTheMile View Post
LazyDays has the Dynamax in Tampa location and they have the Renegade Valencia and Verona in the Wildwood location (1hr north of Tampa, off I-75).

In Florida, North Trail in Ft Meyers is the biggest location that will have the widest selection of Renegade. They have Valencia, Verona, classic, ikon along with other brands.
In theory but they don't in practice. I had some conversations with a LD internet rep. She called me because of an online inquiry I did about certain models. We discussed the Renegade and Dynamax oodles of my choice. If you go online to the dealer's site they show inventory. Not up to date because there isn't anything really.
Renegade:
“As of now that would be the 40VBH (your PO 1535435),
It is due to ship end of March,early April 2022
Thank you
DAVE”

Dynamax:
“Hi Ashleigh,
Well, most of the Super C’s we’re currently building are already sold and we still have a significant backorder of retail orders yet to build. That being said, we’ll try and have a Dynamax FORCE unit for inventory to the Lazydays Tampa dealership sometime this coming summer.
Best Regards,
Doug”

That's the replies she got from the 2 reps at the actual dealerships.

These are strange times and unlike some around here, I will not buy sight unseen a vehicle especially an RV with all the known factory QC issues even amongst the better of them. In today's climate that means I don't have the option to go to a dealer, walk through several examples of the same model and pick out the one I want. Makes researching very difficult since I can't "window shop" like that either. Why don't they crank up production, they have and look what we get. For Renegade or Dynamax to ramp up production significantly takes a ton of $$$$$$$ and new facilities. This is a bubble and all bubbles burst. If the chinese could make cheap RVs and get them over here they would but that's not feasible so they just make most of the parts instead.

Just looked at North trails RV and they don't have much shown either. Only Dynamax is a used, Most Renagades are on order. Again, nothing to see there except some used Verona 36 maybe. Looks like if I want to see anything I have 2 choices, go to Elkhart and factory visits, to Tampa RV show. Neither are desirable options for me. Factory tours may or may not happen on a whim of government or companies. Tampa is a zoo even without an RV show. I don't like zoos especially me in a zoo caged up. Tampa and south FL especially this time of year. Why don't they have "free range RV dealers"?
Old 12-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #6

Great post!
Please keep us updated with your findings.
We live in west central Florida and have had dealings with both of dealerships you mention.
We will be at the Tampa Supershow to look at these same units if there are any there.
I was a pro Dynamax prospect but since I own a late model Cedar Creek I've abandoned that position. Way too much cheapness/cheesy design.
From commentary on this site I'm now pretty much leaning toward Renegade.
Tcrossan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comparison