Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaTudes View Post
BlueFire app developed screen running on an Samsung 8" tablet

BlueFire Link
Nice dash. Surprised you don't have transmission temp on it though.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
Nice dash. Surprised you don't have transmission temp on it though.
Tranny temp gauge is integral on the freightliner dash on my coach. It's located on the left side bottom gauge below water temp. However, I believe this gauge has been eliminated on current M2 models.
MagnaTudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:24 AM   #17

You can't beat a smart man who uses his brain!!! Thats awesome and you have actually found ways to fix problems that have bothered me about my Verona. The camera display from the factory Garmin is terrible and difficult to see when changing lanes. Very nice work here Sir....
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:33 AM   #18

Ok I am not trying to Hi-Jack this guys thread but I have to know more info on these dash upgrades Magna Tudes has done.. So all the cameras stay on all the time on the wide display above? You added a larger display GPS which was needed but what happened to the controls for the radio??

I have a strong back but a weak mind. I need details on this..
Old 02-28-2021, 09:05 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram-Man View Post
You can't beat a smart man who uses his brain!!! Thats awesome and you have actually found ways to fix problems that have bothered me about my Verona. The camera display from the factory Garmin is terrible and difficult to see when changing lanes. Very nice work here Sir....

The original camera display was too tiny, located in the wrong place (center of the dash), individual camera was triggered by turn signal, or reverse, or Voyager remote. How often does one look to the right at the center of the dash when turning left or fool with the remote.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #20

Quote:
Ok I am not trying to Hi-Jack this guys thread but I have to know more info on these dash upgrades Magna Tudes has done.. So all the cameras stay on all the time on the wide display above? You added a larger display GPS which was needed but what happened to the controls for the radio??

I have a strong back but a weak mind. I need details on this..
All the cameras come on and stay on as long as the ignition is on. I also split the video signal to feed the dash entertainment center but I never had a need to display the cameras in the center of the dash again.

The 8" touchscreen mounted on top of the dash is a Garmin RV890 GPS. I used a RAM mount so I could position it better and get it closer to my face. The display is a Garmin magnetic mount so it detaches easily and can be used by the passenger wirelessly. This comes in handy when on the road and researching campgrounds and other points of interest. It's made for RVs so it also has the ability to setup dimensions of your rig for safe routing.

I replaced the original radio/GPS with a 10" touchscreen Kenwood DNR1007XR. I chose this model for the large touchscreen (fat fingering from a distance), quality of the radio, ability to read 512GB USB stick with 4 folder deep MP3 files, and ability to connect Android phone wirelessly. The sound quality is phenomenal. I use the low level RCA outputs to feed a Kicker external amplifier for front Polk dash speakers and rear(lower) JBL Stadium speaker mounted in the center console. I also installed a Cerwin Vega 12" amplified subwoofer under the sink. This Kenwood model also has Garmin navigation as a backup for us in case the RV890 runs into any problems. Kenwood also has a similar model without the navigation Kenwood DMX1037S.

Hope this answers your questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	319608  
Old 02-28-2021, 05:59 PM   #21

Quote:
All the cameras come on and stay on as long as the ignition is on. I also split the video signal to feed the dash entertainment center but I never had a need to display the cameras in the center of the dash again.

The 8" touchscreen mounted on top of the dash is a Garmin RV890 GPS. I used a RAM mount so I could position it better and get it closer to my face. The display is a Garmin magnetic mount so it detaches easily and can be used by the passenger wirelessly. This comes in handy when on the road and researching campgrounds and other points of interest. It's made for RVs so it also has the ability to setup dimensions of your rig for safe routing.

I replaced the original radio/GPS with a 10" touchscreen Kenwood DNR1007XR. I chose this model for the large touchscreen (fat fingering from a distance), quality of the radio, ability to read 512GB USB stick with 4 folder deep MP3 files, and ability to connect Android phone wirelessly. The sound quality is phenomenal. I use the low level RCA outputs to feed a Kicker external amplifier for front Polk dash speakers and rear(lower) JBL Stadium speaker mounted in the center console. I also installed a Cerwin Vega 12" amplified subwoofer under the sink. This Kenwood model also has Garmin navigation as a backup for us in case the RV890 runs into any problems. Kenwood also has a similar model without the navigation Kenwood DMX1037S.

Hope this answers your questions.
Well to some this may be an every day thing but I have owned 2 Super C's and it never entered my mind to even try any of this. All I have ever done is say that sucks and lived with it. I even showed the DW and said look what this guy has done. She responded with why didn't I think of that??? Absolutely hate the small blinker activated camera in my Verona. Great job my friend and thanks for posting the pics and info..
Old 03-04-2021, 07:05 PM   #22

Magnatudes is a smart dude thats obvious. It would be really nice if he could figure a way to put the cruise on the steering wheel and then I would be sold he is a genius!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2021, 07:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Magnatudes is a smart dude thats obvious. It would be really nice if he could figure a way to put the cruise on the steering wheel and then I would be sold he is a genius!!!!!!
First you need a new steering wheel with built-in buttons and a harness to replace the original. If you can come up with that I bet I can figure out the wiring. for the complement but genius would be stretching it way too far.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:47 PM   #24

Quote:
First you need a new steering wheel with built-in buttons and a harness to replace the original. If you can come up with that I bet I can figure out the wiring. for the complement but genius would be stretching it way too far.
I don't doubt it a bit you would figure it out. Would be nice if they would offer that on a Super C.. What Coach do you have now? Its not listed in your signature.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:16 PM   #25

Our Classic has cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

It is very nice to be able to set and then adjust with my thumbs. I don't know about the Verona's, but it is the adaptive cruise, so you set the number of seconds you want to maintain from the car in front of you.
millsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:09 PM   #26

Quote:
What Coach do you have now? Its not listed in your signature.
Fixed signature
2014 Renegade Explorer
Old 03-07-2021, 12:11 PM   #27

New Garmin RV1090

Link to more info
Old 05-09-2021, 07:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Hey man, awesome setup. Can you point me to the information on the camera monitor you have in the upper left of your cab? I’ve searched high and low and haven’t ran across is yet.

Thanks!
Josh
wisco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash