Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2021, 04:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
The tank volumes are one of the biggest things that make me drool over these things. And yep, a locking diff seems amazing. The things I would have been worried about boondocking are the physical size, the maneuverability, and the power draws.

Do you find the 12-1/2’ tall profile a problem on forest roads? How much harder is it to maneuver than the little 25b? Obviously, the steering wheel cut is way better than the nonsense on the E450. But the unit is another 10’ longer, so not sure how much of an issue it is.

Finally, is the all-electric thing an issue? I just always think a propane stove would be better without power. And the propane fridge. Does your solar and battery manage well enough, or do you just run the gen some every day?

I loved that 25B because it was so compact. I did a lot of work to it and it ran great. I had all the same concerns you have about making the switch to the bigger Verona. There are certainly places where that little Winnebago could go where the bigger Verona can’t, but honestly, there are so many advantages to the Verona that to me it’s worth the very small sacrifice not being able to get into the really tight places. I find that one of the main limiting factors is more psychological than anything, as I don’t want to beat up the beautiful paint on the Verona. If I were really serious about taking it into tight areas, I would wrap the side walls. From behind the steering wheel, it drives every bit as small as my Winnebago did.

Regarding it being all electrical, I don’t miss the propane for all the reasons mentioned by others above. At first I didn’t like the idea of all electric, now I wouldn’t go back to propane. My Verona has the lithium batteries (300AH) and solar (525W). I’ve been running the generator an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening and have never dropped below about 50% capacity on the batteries. I would definitely go lithium as you get a whole bunch more capacity since they can be drawn down to nearly 0.

Another point worth mentioning is that if you are like me, your aversion to generator use is based on gas generator experience. Mine was very, very noisy. The 8KW diesel generator on the Verona is very quiet and unobtrusive. Your fellow campers are not going to be staring at you cursing under their breath when you run it.
Paul R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2021, 05:50 AM   #16

As an addendum to my post above, I still prefer propane for heat and the hot water heater, but unless you go custom, a hybrid electrical/propane system isn’t available.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:55 AM   #17

Paul- You said... "From behind the wheel, it drives every bit as small as my Winnebago did". Does that mean from a drive-ability standpoint they drove similarly? We've had the big Tiffin Allegro Red (A) and then the Tiffin Wayfarer (C). My wife wouldn't even consider driving the Class A but drove the Wayfarer without hesitation. It's so nice being able to swap out driving occasionally on long days... so if driving the Super C is similar to driving the C it would be a big plus.
rickandsonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsonja View Post
Paul- You said... "From behind the wheel, it drives every bit as small as my Winnebago did". Does that mean from a drive-ability standpoint they drove similarly? We've had the big Tiffin Allegro Red (A) and then the Tiffin Wayfarer (C). My wife wouldn't even consider driving the Class A but drove the Wayfarer without hesitation. It's so nice being able to swap out driving occasionally on long days... so if driving the Super C is similar to driving the C it would be a big plus.
Yes, I believe the Verona is a similar driving experience except it is less susceptible to cross winds and passing trucks due the increased weight. I would have no problem putting my wife behind the wheel.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:56 PM   #19

Hello I’v riven the 34 and 36 and found they are nearly the same in handling. The 34 is a bit shorter and lighter. I wrote an In Depth review on the 34 VQB as well as a fe videos on lithium and solar panels. You can find the review on this forum at

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f297/ren...as-513895.html

Enjoy Mike
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote