Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2022, 03:53 AM   #57

If you’re talking about the Cascadia chassis then yes a Bendix TPMS is included. Pressures and temperatures are available in the center screen. Sensors are mounted inside the tires on the wheel. It has been a very reliable and accurate system in my use and the integrated display is very nice. Can’t say about other chassis options but would be surprised if something similar were not also on VNR since the two chassis are so close.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2022, 07:42 AM   #58

Thanks Mike and now a question about beds LOL

Thanks Mike - I am doing some more research on the Cascadia.

Beds - the one NordSailOne has already ordered and the one we plan to order both have a 66 x 80 bed - real king size is 76 x 80 and real queen is 60 x 80, so the 66 x 80 is Olympic Queen or Exanded Queen - Amazon has sheets it appears.

Are there any other options for bed size?

Options for bed type? IRelax Foam is standard I think.
DrT7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:27 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrT7575 View Post
Thanks Mike - I am doing some more research on the Cascadia.

Beds - the one NordSailOne has already ordered and the one we plan to order both have a 66 x 80 bed - real king size is 76 x 80 and real queen is 60 x 80, so the 66 x 80 is Olympic Queen or Exanded Queen - Amazon has sheets it appears.

Are there any other options for bed size?

Options for bed type? IRelax Foam is standard I think.

At the time of my order, there were no other options for bed type/materials. I'm not a huge fan of memory foam, but we put a topper pad on it and now I like it just fine.
As far as bed size, the "mini-king' is also known as Olympic Queen, since it's really a standard queen +6 inches in width. In my year, there was an option to go to a full-size king, but that filled the entire width of the headboard slide, so the nice little bedside shelves and cubbies no longer fit. I like those, so I don't mind the slightly narrower king. I'm 6'7", so what I really need is length, and the mini-king is the standard 80" long. In the Classic, the opposite side armoire/cabinetry is built with shallower lower drawers, so when both bedroom slides are retracted, the foot of the bed slides in under the upper portion of the armoire. Explorers don't have that recessed armoire cabinet, probably because it's more expensive to make, and as a result don't get the same 80" bed. Instead, it gets the "short king" at 74". That does not work for me.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:32 AM   #60

Engines

Quote:
More questions, please:

4. Any opinions on the three choices for chassis and engine? I think I want a DD13 Detroit engine.

I know very little about Volvo engines - been in a couple Volvo cars and see Volvo OTR trucks. And see Peterbilt OTR trucks, also.
Only thing I can say is we had a Cummins 8.9L , 450HP in our Newmar Dutchstar and had to be towed 4 times in 5 years because of the Cummins engine.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #61

Quote:
Friends, I had to compress this PDF online twice to get under the 3 mb limit here - true! The bottom item on page 5 is not allowed with the AeroCap so I think the MSRP will go down slightly.

Does the Classic come with TPMS or not? I don't see it listed.

This is a nice build! I notice that there are a few new options since MY22, such as the hood-mounted mirrors (which Renegade emphatically would NOT do for me last year - I got them another way and really like them a lot. They can be added aftermarket) and the headboard ILO emergency egress. I almost did that as a custom thing but in the end kept the standard window and added the rear window.

Be aware that the propane tank and 3/4 pass-through were not compatible options last year because the bay they use for the pass-through is the rear-most curbside bay. But the propane tank is slung all the way aft centerline in between the two rear bays, so extending a bay inwards interferes with the tank. The 3/4 pass-through was an option developed for the Explorer, which is an all-electric rig, so no propane tank to interfere with. This is an example of the front-office sales and dealers not knowing what the factory can do. And in my case, it was also an example of the factory making adjustments to the order without telling anyone. I was half-expecting the problem but let the order proceed anyway. When I pointed out the missing pass-though during PDI, it was interesting to see how Renegade responded - I got a refund for the option price but no explanation as to why it wasn't built as configured nor why I wasn't told at any time prior to delivery.

Of course, it's also possible that they have figured out a different solution to this interference problem since last year and you'll get both. But you may not get a good answer to a question about it, and you might find it missing at delivery like I did.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #62

Second inverter in an Explorer

Quote:
After researching more and reading this thread and several others we now plan to order a Renegade Classic 41CRB with Detroit DD13 engine (still thinking about DD16), and whole drive train made by Daimler companies - crazy expensive but buy the best and only cry once - thanks for all of your comments
As I said in my earlier post, we were able to get a second inverter installed at the Renegade factory even though it is not listed on their options list. It was added by their service techs. Talk to Allen. Aliso, had 4 lithium 270amp hr batteries installed. Can run the front air conditioner, refrigerator, lights for approximately 5-6 hours on batteries. It is nice to be able to run the AC while traveling or for short stops, and not have to run the generator. Lithium batteries can be ordered on the production line but Allen can install the second inverter in service. At least they did last March when I got my ExplorerERB. Just make sure all the wires are tightened correctly out of the inverters 😄😖.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:03 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngflyer View Post
Only thing I can say is we had a Cummins 8.9L , 450HP in our Newmar Dutchstar and had to be towed 4 times in 5 years because of the Cummins engine.

My BIL drove a tri-axle dump with DD13 that had enormous downtime due to the engine, including catastrophic failure, so Detroit is not immune from problems. Not saying they are no good, just that they are just another engine.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 10:17 AM   #64

Just talked to Factory Rep and he knows about your MH NordSaleOne

Just talked to the Factory Rep for 41 minutes - nice visit.

TempCoat in the walls, ceiling and slideouts plus around the fresh water tank.

DD13 Engine, DT12 Transmission, Bendix Air Disc Brakes and No oven available. Four Lithium Ion Batteries, Three A/C units. A second inverter.

The weird thing is he insists our bed is 72 x 80, but NordSailOne's bed with a four feet longer MH has a 66 x 80 bed??? Confusing?

Thanks again for telling me about John Harris in Katy, TX.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:29 AM   #65

Quote:

DD13 Engine, DT12 Transmission, Bendix Air Disc Brakes and No oven available. Four Lithium Ion Batteries, Three A/C units. A second inverter.

The weird thing is he insists our bed is 72 x 80, but NordSailOne's bed with a four feet longer MH has a 66 x 80 bed??? Confusing?

Your build sheet specifically says king 72x80 with nightstands and wider slide. This was also available last year, but as a $700 option. Either they have made that standard this year, or they've rolled the cost of the option into your bottom line - sometimes the Renegade RSMs do that to minimize $ changes. Either way, it really looks like you're getting the true king - hope that's what you want.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:33 AM   #66

Quote:

Good, Tim is a nice guy.
I can add TempCoat to waste tanks, $735, not sure it covers fresh water bay and now I need to ask if TempCoat in ceilings and walls covers the slide outs?
That is weird about the bed.
You are welcome, I am glad he still had a build slot for you.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:44 AM   #67

Yes, Mike, the bigger the bed the better IMHO

Mike - I am just under 5' 9" but our son who is a farmer is 6'3" and both him and I are veterans, so we want the bigger bed.

I only mentioned it because if NordSaleOne wants it NOW is the time to ask.

And, NordSailOne, you live north of me and we have real winter here so I want all the insulation that they will put in.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:50 AM   #68

I typed up a two page list to sent John Harris....it sure did not hurt

One of the things I did last week was typed up about a two page list - double spaced and sent it to John Harris with what we wanted etc. - I am sure it helped. I can sleep well because I grew up close to railroad tracks going from Chicago to Denver - so sleep well or get very tired. But, I do like great beds too - if the bed in the Classic is not good I know a guy who lives in South Dakota who will sell us an awesome bed.

Thanks again for all your ideas and thoughts everyone.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:45 PM   #69

Quote:
Mike - I am just under 5' 9" but our son who is a farmer is 6'3" and both him and I are veterans, so we want the bigger bed.

I only mentioned it because if NordSaleOne wants it NOW is the time to ask.

And, NordSailOne, you live north of me and we have real winter here so I want all the insulation that they will put in.
I am 5'6", wife is 5'2.5", plus two very small poodles, so standard bed is big enough for us. The question is will it be comfortable enough for us!

Yes the insulation is very important to us. I verified that TempCoat Walls and Ceiling does include the slide outs.
Old 09-20-2022, 01:33 PM   #70

Don't know about slide outs and insulation - check to make sure

I would check to be sure they do your slide outs since it has not been made yet - this is because I read a couple threads here and one person said the slide outs need more insulation even on a Renegade - so I put in my list.