Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2022, 06:03 PM   #1

Explorer Lithium

Took delivery of my 2022 Renegade Explorer 40 ERB May 12th. I have the Lithium upgrade with 3 GC3 batteries and 525 watts solar. When coach battery shutoff is engaged, the solar controller is still powered. I see a constant draw of .9/amp hours. I can't find a battery shutoff for the coach or Cascadia chassis. Any ideas?
rp709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2022, 07:38 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Usually, the one remaining parasitic load is the Propane sensor. They are hard wired to the battery. You can always install a toggle switch in the power supply to this sensor, but remember to turn it back on when you are in the RV.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:20 AM   #3

Explorers are all electric
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:09 PM   #4

solar will charge the battery with coach DC switched off. Coach DC switch is near door. Cab DC switch is under driver seat near the door. When DC switch is off, the firefly does not work, so are you looking at solar controller when you see the .9 v/hr, if so, that is charging voltage from the solar panels.
Birdgoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:15 PM   #5

In our Verona LE, there is a separate fuse box in the battery compartment that has fuses for the hose reel, cord reel, Aqua Hot, and steps. In the wet bay, the firefly module for the tank sensors is powered from the hose reel power.

This fuse box connects directly with the batteries and is not disconnected by either the chassis or house disconnect switches so all these work/draw power regardless of disconnect status.
emdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 04:24 AM   #6

I have a new Classic with the same lithium setup. With the shutoff turned off I get about the same draw. It's the smoke alarms and other such things that are always on. The only way to get rid of them is to disconnect the battery.
The disconnect for the truck is on the door side of the driver seat.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:21 AM   #7

Good info all. I called Renegade and he said to pull the blade fuse at the solar controller to kill that draw. The.9 amp/hours is negative and I am reading this while parked indoors with no solar. I think I will install a solar charger shutoff switch that I can also use if I add another solar bank and controller. I also see a bluetooth dongle attached to the Victron inverter that has a blinking light. Don't know what will de-power that. The Explorer is all electric. My Airstream had the propane leak detector hard wired to the battery bus. Hopefully, without the propane detector, there is no draw to smoke/CO detectors with the coach battery shutoff switch off. Freightliner omitted the chassis battery shutoff switch due to supply chain disruption. I will have to pursue a field installed switch before the warranty runs out. Also, Freightliner installed warning labels stating the side view collision warning system is not functional due to parts unavailability. Renegade isn't doing the best communicating these issues to the new buyer.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:28 PM   #8

I took delivery of my 2022 Explorer the first part of April. Same problem with all the missing chassis features. I checked with my local Freightliner dealer about installing a chassis battery disconnect switch and it was going to be over $900.00 for parts and $500.00+ for labor. Something about an $800.00 circuit board needing to be changed. Seems a little extreme to me! Having any luck getting other missing chassis features installed?

Did you have an extra inverter installed with your lithium batteries? I did but they are not working. When one goes out, the second goes with it since they are wired in series for some reason. Leaving for the factory Saturday to hopefully get problem resolved. Had coach for over 2 months without being able to use it.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:46 AM   #9

Thanks for the update. I am hoping to get my dealer to install a coach battery shutoff. I can live without the chassis shut off. My plan is to approach the situation such that standard items were omitted by Renegade and should be provided. I’m not sure I will be able to prove my point, however. I have stickers in the cab saying the Side Guard Assist is not functional. I will insist Freightliner provide this when it is available. I did not bother with the second inverter install. I have Lithium with 3 batteries. I am disappointed to not have a battery monitor inside the coach. I was not provided with info on operating the inverter on/off switch. Renegade needs to get their act together at this price point. The build quality is fantastic though and I am really pleased. Also, the Cascadia is really nice to drive—a fantastic design for a RV. I don’t want to sound like a whiner—just some missing basic equipment and manuals that shouldn’t happen.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:11 PM   #10

Same here. Would just like to get everything we paid for or a refund for items not installed. Will know more tomorrow when at the factory. Kind of wish I had gone with just the one inverter also and skipped all the hassles so far. BUT, the few times that it has worked as designed, it was nice to run the front AC, lights and refrigerator for 6 hours without having to fire up the generator.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:29 AM   #11

Why did you need a 2nd inverter to run the front air? I was told all I have to do is move the AC breaker to the existing inverter panel. The reason I didn't do it was it seems like a big load that runs a lot to go thru the inverter whether there are 1 or 2 inverters. I just want to be able to run the rear AC for a few hours at night without the generator.

The lithium setup is new to Renegade and it seems like they are still working out the bugs. Mine was a 21 and needed a few things done to wok between the lithium and solar.

Please post the results after your visit.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:31 AM   #12

That’s the reason for adding a second inverter, to much of a load for one. There are 2 120v circuits in the coach. So now I run the normal items off the standard inverter and just the front AC off the second one. So now I can run the front AC and microwave, refrigerator etc.without overloading the system.

I did get my inverter problem fixed; the main power lines coming out of the inverters were only finger tight causing all the problems over the last 2 months. They got the TV’s working at the factory but now, 3 hours away, Northwest of Chicago, they are not working again. So, back through that Chicago traffic to Renegades today to try again!
Old 06-29-2022, 08:26 PM   #13

By the way, anybody know where the coax cable runs from the wet bay receptacle labeled cable into the coach. Where does that cable terminate? I was using my portable Dish antenna with a cable run through the kitchen window—-really classy!

Tags
lithium