Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2021, 08:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippopapamus View Post
Unfortunately, the 34VQB is very rare. There is only one available on RVTrader at present. [emoji1361] It also lacks an overhead bunk which is a big negative for us.

The Nexus Ghost 33DS and 34DS are two other sub-35’ Super Cs that seem to check all your boxes that you might check out. Lots of concern re Nexus quality on the forums, but that seems to be more with the Triumphs and Rebels, i.e., their cheaper models, than the top of the line Ghosts.
I've read similar comments about the Nexus. I looked at a used 2019 Ghost 34DS a couple months ago and significant rust around the steps, entrance, etc. Compartment doors seemed flimsy even compared to my thor. Cabinets were wrapped something, not sure if MDF, particle board, base wood, or what. For the price point a ghost should have real wood cabinets. PO was careless with coach with scrapes and user damages but that's not nexus fault of course.

Lack of overhead bunk is no big deal and I like the cleaner look and "aerodynamics" of the smaller cap. Just 2 of us. And if there was a rare visitor the dinette folds down. The overhead bunk has it's usefulness though as soft good storage. Lot of weight though bouncing up and down and potential weakness and separation where it's attached to the body. That's a current thor issue we're dealing with.

EDIT adding, reference the 34VQB yes a tough one to find and for a couple more feet there is the 36 which is readily available. Well "readily" as much as current availability goes. Course with this and other there are lots of 37 and 38's which are really 39-40+. Got to stop someplace which means I've eliminated a lot of available models. No big deal and no rush.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2021, 12:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
I've read similar comments about the Nexus. I looked at a used 2019 Ghost 34DS a couple months ago and significant rust around the steps, entrance, etc. Compartment doors seemed flimsy even compared to my thor. Cabinets were wrapped something, not sure if MDF, particle board, base wood, or what. For the price point a ghost should have real wood cabinets. PO was careless with coach with scrapes and user damages but that's not nexus fault of course.

Lack of overhead bunk is no big deal and I like the cleaner look and "aerodynamics" of the smaller cap. Just 2 of us. And if there was a rare visitor the dinette folds down. The overhead bunk has it's usefulness though as soft good storage. Lot of weight though bouncing up and down and potential weakness and separation where it's attached to the body. That's a current thor issue we're dealing with.

EDIT adding, reference the 34VQB yes a tough one to find and for a couple more feet there is the 36 which is readily available. Well "readily" as much as current availability goes. Course with this and other there are lots of 37 and 38's which are really 39-40+. Got to stop someplace which means I've eliminated a lot of available models. No big deal and no rush.

Sounds like a two horse race between the 34VQB and 35MB for you (because 36VSB doesn’t have propane). Best of luck!
hippopapamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:05 PM   #31

Quote:
Sounds like a two horse race between the 34VQB and 35MB for you (because 36VSB doesn’t have propane). Best of luck!
Or the Dynamax Force 34KD. Renegade specs for the Verona show a propane tank but looking at various Verona 2022 models, no exterior LP water heater or forced air heater covers and exhaust. The used 2019 do have them. No new 34s online or listed anywhere I can find to see what they really have. Course manufacturers web sites are often in error.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:06 PM   #32

Quote:
Or the Dynamax Force 34KD. Renegade specs for the Verona show a propane tank but looking at various Verona 2022 models, no exterior LP water heater or forced air heater covers and exhaust. The used 2019 do have them. No new 34s online or listed anywhere I can find to see what they really have. Course manufacturers web sites are often in error.

Doesn’t the 34KD at 36’8” break your 36’ or less requirement? I guess another few inches isn’t that big of deal once you’re that big.

It’s my understanding that the new Veronas are 100% electric. Can’t confirm or deny that the older ones had propane options.

The whole RV industry is a mess right now. Can’t believe how much trouble folks like us are having spending large sums of money [emoji23]
Old 12-01-2021, 03:51 PM   #33

Quote:
Doesn’t the 34KD at 36’8” break your 36’ or less requirement? I guess another few inches isn’t that big of deal once you’re that big.

It’s my understanding that the new Veronas are 100% electric. Can’t confirm or deny that the older ones had propane options.

The whole RV industry is a mess right now. Can’t believe how much trouble folks like us are having spending large sums of money [emoji23]
There are 2 at least 2019 Verona for sale on RVTrader, that 34 and a 36. Both have the older cover for 2 way W/H on curb side and heater exhaust on street side. I'll search out some 20 and 21 models later.

Yes having fun got real expensive.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:08 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippopapamus;6003389[COLOR="Red"
]Doesn’t the 34KD at 36’8” break your 36’ or less requirement? I guess another few inches isn’t that big of deal once you’re that big.
[/COLOR]

Considering I went from a 40'DP, 39' toy hauler and started my C search a year ago with 26 in mind, what's a length number anyway? But the length growing madness has to stop someplace.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:45 PM   #35

Quote:
There are 2 at least 2019 Verona for sale on RVTrader, that 34 and a 36. Both have the older cover for 2 way W/H on curb side and heater exhaust on street side. I'll search out some 20 and 21 models later.

Yes having fun got real expensive.
If I were you I would stop vacillating and just jump on the one in Texas while the opportunity exists. Only 16K miles. Probably negotiable. Modify it if it is not perfect. Waiting for Dynamax is a waste of time. And in the end you probably are not going to be satisfied with the hokey floorplan or the never materializing second floorplan. That has been going on for years with no results.

34VQB propane version
MagnaTudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:14 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippopapamus;6002718[COLOR="Red"
]Unfortunately, the 34VQB is very rare. There is only one available on RVTrader at present.[/COLOR] [emoji1361] It also lacks an overhead bunk which is a big negative for us.

The Nexus Ghost 33DS and 34DS are two other sub-35’ Super Cs that seem to check all your boxes that you might check out. Lots of concern re Nexus quality on the forums, but that seems to be more with the Triumphs and Rebels, i.e., their cheaper models, than the top of the line Ghosts.
Almost as rare as the unicorn. Makes me wonder if it's a poor seller sort of a niche and being discontinued. For a few more $K there is the 36VBQ and 2' longer. And the 36 is out there, used and new. With weather and potential winter conditions it's a bad time to plan a trip up north to the factories and some dealers. But always TX.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:12 AM   #37

Quote:
Almost as rare as the unicorn. Makes me wonder if it's a poor seller sort of a niche and being discontinued. For a few more $K there is the 36VBQ and 2' longer. And the 36 is out there, used and new. With weather and potential winter conditions it's a bad time to plan a trip up north to the factories and some dealers. But always TX.

We need the overhead bunk as a sleep space. Even if we didn’t, I think we’d still go 35MB or 36VQB to get the extra storage it provides. The stackable W/D is also a major plus. Those two features alone make the 2’ seem worth it.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:38 AM   #38

Quote:
If you think the 34VQB is a unicorn, try finding what I have. Only three 32 footers ever built. You have an opportunity to check one out in Texas. It just may end your painful search and save you a ton of dineros. Like I said, you should jump on it. These Renegade shorties sell quick and hold their value.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2300XM.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	704.7 KB
ID:	350341  
Old 12-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaTudes View Post
If you think the 34VQB is a unicorn, try finding what I have. Only three 32 footers ever built. You have an opportunity to check one out in Texas. It just may end your painful search and save you a ton of dineros. Like I said, you should jump on it. These Renegade shorties sell quick and hold their value.
Made contact today and a sale pending. I wished him good with the sale
I also made contact on a Valernca 35MB with them offering 3.5% off. Not very impressive in my book. We did run some trade figures on the Omni and of course they come in at low trade $$. Low trade and retail on purchase doesn't work for me. I'll keep the Omni before I do that.

There are coaches out there, just have to look.

I talked to a Renegade dealer and they said the 34 Verona is no longer being made. I didn't ask what the last model year was but he said very few were made. Again for just a few more K the 36 VBQ was there with that couple extra feet length and washer/dryer space. Reckon that's why the 34 didn't sell well.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #40

Quote:
Made contact today and a sale pending. I wished him good with the sale
I also made contact on a Valernca 35MB with them offering 3.5% off. Not very impressive in my book. We did run some trade figures on the Omni and of course they come in at low trade $$. Low trade and retail on purchase doesn't work for me. I'll keep the Omni before I do that.

There are coaches out there, just have to look.

I talked to a Renegade dealer and they said the 34 Verona is no longer being made. I didn't ask what the last model year was but he said very few were made. Again for just a few more K the 36 VBQ was there with that couple extra feet length and washer/dryer space. Reckon that's why the 34 didn't sell well.

I watched the 34VQBs since 2019. There were a lot built and sold. There were many more all electric vs. propane. Not sure why they would no longer be available. They still appear on the Renegade website. That one in Texas is already spoken for. They pop up and they are gone. There was one in TrnasWest not long ago.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:38 PM   #41

2022 Renegade Verona Brochure showing 34VQB

If it is discontinued, then they need to revamp their 2022 brochure. Rumors suck, especially from salesman pushing what they may be able to deliver at the moment!
Old 12-03-2021, 05:59 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaTudes View Post
2022 Renegade Verona Brochure showing 34VQB

If it is discontinued, then they need to revamp their 2022 brochure. Rumors suck, especially from salesman pushing what they may be able to deliver at the moment!
Agreed and when I started my search that was model I looked for but of course couldn't find. Sadly a sales brochure from the manufacturer is one of the last priorities and all will have errors. That clause, "subject to change" or similar verbiage is their out. The only 34 I found was the 2019 in TX so not sure if it was produced in 20 and 21 at all.

Tags
quality