Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2019, 07:53 PM   #1

New 2020 Renegade Verona

I will try not to be long winded but we have been around the world in 2 short years in the motorhome business. I researched probably as much as anybody before the 1st purchase and it took us a while to get to where we are now. Hopefully for a while now.

Our 1st purchase was an ordered unit which was a 2019 Dynamax Force HD 37TS. It was a beautiful rig with special ordered colors. The floor plan was perfect. Without bad mouthing any manufacturer because they all have their strong points and the opinions here are just ours and does not mean they are right or wrong. They are just opinions. The interior as far as comfortable theater seats etc was great. The Dynamax had several paint flaws and a lot of over spray. The short wheel base results in a lot of tail swing and the engine noise and heat was excessive. So I sold it!!! Beating #1...

Next venture was another ordered unit which was a 2019 Tiffin Allegro RED 37BA. Again a beautiful coach with great finish and very nice touches for comfort and convenience. A lot of work and time has gone into developing the Tiffin brand. Now here goes the complaints. Again just opinions. The huge wind shields are great for visual but they will cook you in the drivers seat. LOL The air conditioning in the coach and drivers seat is just not good at all. Now this one may surprise you but the ride, which was very smooth, gave my wife Vertigo. It would mess her up for a couple of days after a drive. We gave it a couple of trips and she would be a trooper but would be dizzy for a couple of days. Sooo we traded it.. Beating # 2....

Now after a lot of research again and speaking with the rep in our area for numerous times, we now have a 2020 Renegade Verona 36'... I drove to Florida from NC to make this trade because they had what we wanted in stock. I have to say I wish I would have never purchased from the dealer I did but that's another story. Not to mention which dealer it was because we are not supposed to trash dealers here, I will just say it was in north Ft. Myers..
Now back to the Renegade. I drove it home from Florida and all I can say is this thing will run. The power is incredible and the ride is much quieter than the Dmax for some reason. Same chassis and engine but Renegade claims to order an extra insulation package from Freightliner and I have to say there is a difference. I think Renegade changes the program to give the L9 an extra 150-200 lb torque and it is very noticeable. I have to say the paint is great. One small flaw which will be handled through warranty. I have to say the Renegade seems to be built with a more simple approach but the finish and craftsmanship are great. Did I mention this thing will run like a champ!!! So far we love the Renegade and I sure hope we can pause here for a few years and enjoy ourselves. The 2020 Verona also comes all electric this year so anxious to see how we like this.

Its been an expensive lesson getting here but hopefully it will be worth it.. Did I mention the power this thing has??? Thanks to the forum members for your posting to pass on info to potential customers for it has been very helpful.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2019, 11:35 PM   #2

Third time’s a charm!
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:56 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I appreciate your positive report about the 2020 Verona and that you have found the right MotorHome for you.

I am dreaming about an RV upgrade from my Bay Star and like Newmar products and have been researching Verona's too. I am thinking the Verona 36VSB vs the Ventana 3717, or Super Star if it ever gets launched. It seems that the Verona delivers more engine and braking power (350 HP L9 with 2 stage engine brake vs 360 HP B6.7 with exhaust brake). The Verona carries 150 gallons of fresh water vs the Ventana's 100 gallons. Plus the Verona weighs less, has a longer wheel base, and a higher NCCC capacity. The ability to order a custom made Ventana is a big plus for Newmar and it has an 80" long king bed for tall folks like me.

How do you rate the Verona's driving and steering qualities, relaxed like a Lincoln Town Car of the late 80s or mostly a truck feel and effort to keep in your lane? Does the Verona maximize your comfort and minimize the hassle of operating and living in the Verona. Is it pushed about by cross winds and passing SUVs and semi-trucks? I hope the Verona will be a better mountain climber in the Western US.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:29 PM   #4

I can't stress enough which Im sure you already know that this is all just my opinion and our needs and expectations and what we can tolerate are all different. I can just say that the Verona 36VSB is what we have settled on. Our decision is based solely on what we need and actually want. I would have bought a 45' rig if thats what I wanted and needed but its just not the case.

We are pretty simple people and like simple things. The Verona is perfect size for me and the DW and our 2 dogs with an occasional grandkid. I like the truck front end and it looks awesome. My wife drove the rig today and drove it like a champ at 70mph. It has so much torque and power and so fun to drive. Now it is not a class A DP meaning it rides a little stiffer and there is a little more engine noise but I will tolerate that to have this. To me it is much easier to drive than a Class A, which I think are easy to drive also. The smaller windshield size does not let the sun cook me like an egg while driving.

Again all this is personal preference and thats why there are so many different options out there. Hope this helps.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #5

2018 Verona VSB

We bought a pre-owned 2018 Verona 36VSB last fall. Had 9K miles on it. The owners never removed the plastic coverings from the carpets. Did the Cummins ECM upgrade to 1,150 ft./lb torque. Wanted a newer model, but did not desire an all-electric coach. We tend to like overkill on chassis specs.and this coach does not disappoint. It drives like an oversized pickup. The power is impressive. Braking is impressive. The 2-stage Jake Brake is fantastic. The overall fit and finish is very good. In my opinion , if you are looking for outward bling, the Verona will likely not be in the running for your next coach. It is, though, very strong in overall construction. This coach shines in these areas: Cab access, drivability, road manners in ALL conditions, superior towing capabilty, interior design and construction strength, and factory customer support. This thing will never see a dealer......the factory support has been that good for us, although we have never experienced anything critical in our 1st 6,000 miles of travel. And chassis service is nationwide, if ever needed. If you plan on parking your rig for extended periods, we feel that you would be unlikely to consider the Verona. There are plenty of Class A options out there for extended stay camping. But, if you’re the type that really appreciates the driving experience, the Renegade Super C’s deserve your attention, as the budget allows.
bkesslersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram-Man View Post
Now after a lot of research again and speaking with the rep in our area for numerous times, we now have a 2020 Renegade Verona 36'... I drove to Florida from NC to make this trade because they had what we wanted in stock. I have to say I wish I would have never purchased from the dealer I did but that's another story. Not to mention which dealer it was because we are not supposed to trash dealers here, I will just say it was in north Ft. Myers..
I'll say it Ram Man, North Trail. I bought new from them and it was not a bad experience. The service after the sale involved making appointments months in the future, dropping it off and being told it might be ready in a couple of months. Then when they say it is ready you find out that they did not do half of what you reported under warranty. The best example in my case was the Firefly tank monitors. Never worked right and still does not. I exchanged many emails with Renegade before I took it in to North Trail. The took a hose and filled the gray tank and said nothing was wrong. The did not test any sensors, connectors or software and gave it back to me with a full gray tank to take home. That was only one issue. There were several more that the tech morons did not even look at. I will bad mouth them to any one willing to listen as long as I have a mouth to bad mouth with. Terrible, miserable, and arrogant service manager.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
I'll say it Ram Man, North Trail. I bought new from them and it was not a bad experience. The service after the sale involved making appointments months in the future, dropping it off and being told it might be ready in a couple of months. Then when they say it is ready you find out that they did not do half of what you reported under warranty. The best example in my case was the Firefly tank monitors. Never worked right and still does not. I exchanged many emails with Renegade before I took it in to North Trail. The took a hose and filled the gray tank and said nothing was wrong. The did not test any sensors, connectors or software and gave it back to me with a full gray tank to take home. That was only one issue. There were several more that the tech morons did not even look at. I will bad mouth them to any one willing to listen as long as I have a mouth to bad mouth with. Terrible, miserable, and arrogant service manager.
Gotta love the RV industry! Save for a few manufactures, Renegade being one of them, and while I tend to be small government in my philosophy, the vast majority of the RV industry is begging for government intervention.
mspenc45 is offline   Reply With Quote