Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2022, 06:30 AM   #1

New Valencia copy (Thor Inception 38)

Hello all,

I've been shopping for a Valencia 38RB. They are hard to find and sell quickly!

Have been browsing the forum for a while and just joined yesterday.

Came across the new Thor Inception 38, looks like it came out in the last 30 days or so. Seems to be a near copy of the Valencia.

Primary differences I'm seeing (comparing the Inception 38MX to the Valencia 38RB):
- Fresh water capacity is 100 gal vs 175 in the Valencia
- Gray & black are 80 gal vs 75 in the V
- Tankless water heater
- 1800 watt invertor vs 3000
I'm sure there are several more differences.

Brochure attached.

Example:
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...8MX-5019259210

Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2022 Inception.pdf (1.81 MB, 50 views)
jack_stull is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2022, 08:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_stull View Post
Hello all,

Came across the new Thor Inception 38, looks like it came out in the last 30 days or so. Seems to be a near copy of the Valencia.

Primary differences I'm seeing (comparing the Inception 38MX to the Valencia 38RB):
- Fresh water capacity is 100 gal vs 175 in the Valencia
- Gray & black are 80 gal vs 75 in the V
- Tankless water heater
- 1800 watt invertor vs 3000
I'm sure there are several more differences.

Thoughts?
Build quality will be a HUGE difference. The two manufacturers aren't in the same ballpark - read some of the Thor super C discussions/complaints.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:56 AM   #3

That inclining bed is interesting. Better idea than those awkward PITA folding mattresses that Dynamax seems to be stuck on. Looks like part of this inclining bed is still useful with the slide retracted.
MagnaTudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:51 PM   #4

At that price point why not just get a Verona?
DockmasterAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:51 PM   #5

The Valencia's 'list' for a similar price. At real sales numbers they're pretty comparable.

In the end I think we'll be happier with the Valencia, there's enough minor differences/advantages that start to add up.

The biggest things I like about the Inception are the front bunk height & window, and the tapered rear end for ground clearance. But those aren't outweighing the downsides for me, at this point.

The build structure itself seems to be similar, but it's hard to read between those lines, especially with an unproven product.

Buying the first run of anything gives me great pause.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:42 PM   #6

Bottom line run as far and fast away as possible from any Thor Product. I had a 2022 Magnitude RS36 (which is basically the same box just on a F600 platform). Pretty much every major RV function failed. Slide motors, plumbing, electrical. Behind the scene was a disaster and received a styrofoam shower every time the AC was turned on. I sold it after 3 months and 7k miles driven for a quite of bit of money lost and purchased a 2022 Valencia 38BB.

The Valencia which has a MSRP lower than that pile of garbage probably will be out the door a little more, but you will be getting 1000x the quality with the renegade.

For example, I found at least 20-30 loose screws in my Thor. This was when the slide went in and out, behind cabinets, occurred when I drove. I found 4x open holes to the environment where critters could get in.

Please learn from my very expensive mistake and don't be pulled in by the pretty colors. The construction is sub standard, they look great, but no care to build quality. I have chatted with at least 5x folks over the past year that have sold Thor's Super C newer than 2020 and purchased a Renegade.

Eric
ebenson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:55 PM   #7

Thanks Eric. Just looked at a Valencia today, was impressed.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:54 PM   #8

I was on the hunt for a Super C for quite a while before picking up a Verona 36VSB (and was very close to purchasing a Valencia 35MB before the Verona came available). While I have never owned a Thor product, I was very unimpressed by those that I looked at. Everything seemed poorly built and slapped together. Several on here have personal experiences that seem to back that up. Would just say proceed with caution. It is true that those that are unhappy generally make more noise than those that are satisfied, but Thor is starting to develop a reputation for poor quality. While the new Thor may be on the same chassis as the Valencia, that solid foundation may be for naught if the house is going to fall apart.
hippopapamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:35 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
I own a 2022 Valencia 38RB. No regrets!
rolick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:33 PM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
They are advertising it as a mega C. This category does not exist. Even if it did the Thor would not qualify. A true mega C (if there was a such a category) would be a ikon, or a XL, even a Newmar SUPREME AIRE. Mega C what kind of BS is that. Don’t buy!! Look for a Renagade or a Newmar.
rolick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:20 PM   #11

I have a 2020 Renegade Valencia 38RW and love it.......Good build quality compared to Dynamax or Thor product.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:18 PM   #12

New Valencia copy (Thor Inception 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolick22 View Post
They are advertising it as a mega C. This category does not exist. Even if it did the Thor would not qualify. A true mega C (if there was a such a category) would be a ikon, or a XL, even a Newmar SUPREME AIRE. Mega C what kind of BS is that. Don’t buy!! Look for a Renagade or a Newmar.

This [emoji1369]

The “Super C” category is expanding as manufacturers try to capitalize on its popularity and the immense profit to be made in the segment. As a part of that, it seems manufacturers are stretching the bounds of what constitutes a Super C. In my opinion it breaks down along the lines of the below -

Capital C: Anything that sits on a Chevy 5500 / Ford 550 & 600 truck chassis.

Super C: Freightliner S2RV and M2 based units (and above).

Mega C (if such category is necessary): IKON, XL, 1492, etc.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:01 PM   #13

Finally found what we were looking for and took the plunge back in February.
Didn't end up looking at the Thor in person.
We were set on the Valencia, but they're tough to get. This one happened to come in at just the right time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-10 16.55.24.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	361598   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-10 16.55.50.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	361599  

Old 04-07-2022, 10:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_stull View Post
Finally found what we were looking for and took the plunge back in February.
Didn't end up looking at the Thor in person.
We were set on the Valencia, but they're tough to get. This one happened to come in at just the right time.

Big congrats and welcome to the family! I think you made the right choice. Let the good times roll!

Tags
thor