RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #1

Paint Codes

I bought a Backup Camera Housing and want to paint it to match before installing. I have my paint codes 607A1, yy, 314D3, but can't seem to cross them to something I can buy in an aerosol. Never had this problem before, all my other coach's had automotive paint codes that could be bought just about anywhere. One code seems to be a grey Yellow for Country Coach, one crosses to a ford yellow, and one crosses to Brown metallic Monaco color, but not sure if any are accurate. Any ideas, I'm sure someone has crossed this bridge? I have one panel I can take off, that has all my colors on it, that I could take to a parts store and see if I can match it by the cap color. Not really scientific but should get me close enough for the little cover I have to do way up high, but would rather have the correct color just in case.
twc88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2020, 11:09 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
You may be able to take the old one or a piece from elsewhere on the RV in to a NAPA where they will mix some to match and put it in a pressure can. I cost me $25 and the match was good. I have also gone into a car parts place and, after asking for permission, taken several of the Dupli-Color cans outside and held the caps up to compare actual color. This must be done in sunlight. We did that when the Refrigerator lower cover blew off on the road. We have a painted coach and the white replacement looked terrible.

Whichever you do you absolutely must carefully scuff the plastic, clean it with solvent and use a plastic primer that works with your paint.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.RVM#189
Kahoona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #3

A local auto body shop should be able to scan the panel you can remove and give you an exact color match
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #4

Thanks to all. I teach in a tech school and asked at the auto body shop and they said no probem. They'll take a pic of it and get me the exact mix. With any luck it will match a stock auto color I can buy off the shelf as touch up.
twc88 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint