Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2022, 08:06 AM   #1

question on Aqua-Hot air heating system.

We bought a 2022 Renegade Verona in May. So far we haven't been in cold enough temperatures to turn on the heater. We are at a boondocking site and last night ran on Lithium batteries. A little later today we will head to a camp ground with full hook up. The temp is expected to get in the mid 20's while at the camp ground so this morning I was trying out the heating system with not much luck.

On the left side of the temp page of the firefly panel it shows aqua hot and on the on the right AH electric and AH diesel. I press both electric and diesel wait 30 minutes then press the AH on the left and auto and shortly it shows a fault. I checked the AH fluid level and all is good.

I cranked up the generator and repeat and it still shows a fault. I do get cool air blowing out the vents. The only time I don't get a fault is when only AH electric is on but no heat. Since purchase I have only run the AH diesel a few times. The AH electric provided sufficient hot water for us.

Can anyone provide some incite to what I'm doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heater.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	378770  
RodnReel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2022, 08:15 AM   #2

Dont know about your particular system set up or the fault codes, but if you dont "exercise" your Aquahot and genset at least once a month, you are asking for troubles.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 04:03 PM   #3

No expert but push one or the other, not both. Electric or diesel.
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 06:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawten5 View Post
No expert but push one or the other, not both. Electric or diesel.
No, you can have both enabled at the same time. But the electric element will only heat when on shore power or generator.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:12 AM   #5

Do you hear the diesel pump and burner start up when turning on the diesel burner? You should get some start up noise and diesel exhaust smell.

Check for fault codes, either through the Firefly panel or mobile app. Our AH 250 had several faults last year (2022 Verona VBH). It worked fine for several months then the diesel burner failed. The dealer had it over a month and replaced several things and didn't fix it so it went back and then they replaced the burner assembly.
rthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 06:04 AM   #6

Update: This morning I turned on the heater and all is well.
RodnReel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, aqua-hot, heat, heating