Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy8321 View Post
Pictures as promised. Again, not my best work.

With Renegade, Black and White wires both are used for ground. Red generally (not always) is 12V positive.

The signal wires need to be tied together as the system is a closed loop network. Just like multiplex wiring (Firefly etc) the address of the sensor determines which one is checked and all the signals travel over the same 2 wires and that is why we tie all the old signal wires together to be common.

See Level uses the cut tabs to set the network address.

Paul - can you confirm everything is still working well? I am getting ready to install on my RV and they have all the warnings about keeping the sensors 2" away from any metal. There are the support brackets, the metal door, etc. that are all very close to the sensors. No issues at all for you?

Did you try and calibrate it so that when it starts measuring, its accurate taking into account the bottom part of the tank? On my tank there is a larger part at the top that is about 60 gallons and a lower section that is about 15 gallons. The way you have the sensor mounted it wouldn't be measuring any of the lower tank. The 3 position default sensors do take it into consideration as the 1/3 sensor is only 2" up on the larger top part of the tank. Then the 2/3 and full are 6" up from the 1/3 sensor.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #58

You are correct that tje lower few inches do not get measured. I was and am concerned that the full reading be correct. You can use two shorter strips on each tank if empty is imporyant to you.

As far as satisfied, absolutely yes. I am now in Dawspn Cteek BC on my way to Alaska and everything is working perfectly. Have been on the road for 3 weeks and always lnow my tank situation.

BTW, the theater seats and RF Mogul are also working as planned.

I will only be cjecking in sporadically until i return in Sept. Good luck with your install.
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #59

I concur with Paul... We spent a few days dry camping at a race track last weekend and my tanks didn't start to read until they had around 15 gallons in them.... Still much better than before
Frank Tamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:08 PM   #60

I love resurrecting zombie threads…

I searched but haven't found any new threads here or google. I saw that the new 2021's were going to be coming with seelevel from the factory so maybe Firefly will support it now? Anyone pursed this yet ?

TIA
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post

I searched but haven't found any new threads here or google. I saw that the new 2021's were going to be coming with seelevel from the factory so maybe Firefly will support it now? Anyone pursed this yet ?

TIA

Model year 2022 Classics (beginning production in April 2021) will come with TruTank sensors, which are not the same as SeeLevel, but should be much better than the old style. TruTank is already integrated with Firefly, and I suspect (but have no proof) that this is the reason Firefly has been reluctant to integrate with SeeLevel - they knew their own solution was in the works. I believe Dynamax has used TruTank on some of their models for a little while now. I don't think TruTank sensors can be retrofit to older tanks (unlike SeeLevel), but Firefly would know for sure.
Uncle_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:09 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post

TIA
MagnaTudes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank