Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #1

Renegade Valencia 38BB Booth Dinette Seatbelts?

Hey Renegade Owners! Does anyone know if they have an anchor point, or if the Valencia Bunkhouse model has seat belts in the Booth Dinette Area?

It is hard to tell from layout images and stock photos.

Thanks!

Carry On!
TwinSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 09:05 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I have the Valencia RW and I cannot remember but I will check in the morning!
Melntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
We have the RW, there are no seat belts for the booth.
Rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:58 PM   #4

Renegade will not put seat belts in the dinette due to the safety hazard of the table. Not sure if it is a federal regulation or industry wide standard but Renegade would not do it when we requested it.
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Renegade will not put seat belts in the dinette due to the safety hazard of the table. Not sure if it is a federal regulation or industry wide standard but Renegade would not do it when we requested it.
That is interesting... as the Jayco Seneca does have belts in the Booth Dinette...
Old 02-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #6

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle

The 2019 Model, per the Renegade Product Change list, is to have Dinette Seat belts.
RVkimbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 PM   #7

Are you saying this is a change for model year 2019? If yes, is this driven by the new ownership of REV?

Very interesting and thanks for sharing. My comment was regarding my experience when exploring layouts and seat belt options prior to purchase years ago.
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Are you saying this is a change for model year 2019? If yes, is this driven by the new ownership of REV?

Very interesting and thanks for sharing. My comment was regarding my experience when exploring layouts and seat belt options prior to purchase years ago.

Per the "2019 Model Year Production Change for the Valencia" that I had received. The change listed for Interior states.."Added seat belts to dinette area". There are a few other nice changes for the upcoming model listed in the Production Changes and in my 2019 order sheet, so hopefully Renegade follows thru with them.

I cannot respond to the how/why this is to be added (Renegade decision vs. REV).
Old 03-14-2018, 06:05 AM   #9

Do we know when the 2019 model year production changes will be made available to the general public? I'll be looking to purchase a 2019 and that information would make for some interesting reading.

Thanks in advance.
jalewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalewis View Post
Do we know when the 2019 model year production changes will be made available to the general public? I'll be looking to purchase a 2019 and that information would make for some interesting reading.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the delay in my response. Was out on business.

I received mine directly from the dealer after pushing for answers as our Order Form was in place and wasn't sure if Renegade was going to add any additional options that I may have wanted. So if you are working with a dealer, I would seriously request from them. I will say that they have new "standards" that I am soooo glad I waited for. Now, please note that the following is from the form I received via my dealer, and have already discovered that an item listed on the "2019 changes" had been already revised due to issue with Freightliner. But the doc I was given list "New Standard" Nav Stereo (was Kenwood, now is Garmin [Similar/same as what is found on Seneca), Lighting system is now more like the Verona/XL and is controlled via Multiplex system vs single toggle switches (so can control cabin lighting in entire house via single controller), Seat belts in Dinette and a new option is a factory installed Brake Controller unit. Looking at my Order sheet, they have also changed a few of the interior items (i.e. Backsplash is now Glass/Tile), Floors have a different description, but sound to be about the same as 2018. So all in all, these new standard/options appear to make an already well equipped RV even better. Please note, that I heard that their is a Price increase for the 2019's. So if the new additions above are not important, I am sure that the remaining 2018's at dealers now will be reduced accordingly? I will gladly pay a bit more for a 2019 with these new standard/options.

Hope that this helps?
Old 04-04-2018, 05:42 AM   #11

Thanks, RVkimbal, that really helps. I am working with a dealer, but my timeline is for early next year so I know I will be looking at a 2019. Very exciting news about the radio head unit swap from Kenwood to Garmin as I understand that was a weakness. Also am very interested in the switch to multiplex lighting control - nice move I think.

Thanks again!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalewis View Post
Thanks, RVkimbal, that really helps. I am working with a dealer, but my timeline is for early next year so I know I will be looking at a 2019. Very exciting news about the radio head unit swap from Kenwood to Garmin as I understand that was a weakness. Also am very interested in the switch to multiplex lighting control - nice move I think.
My 2018 is great (which we just purchased 1 month ago)... EXCEPT for the Changes being made to the '19.

Here are my thoughts:

The Booth Dinette Belts were almost a deal breaker for us, and we were going with a Seneca. NOW, in trying to add a set to the dinette we are getting so much conflicting info... and may just wait and swap out with the '19 dinette set and factory install belts.

The Head Unit (Kenwood) is nice, but TERRIBLY Difficult to see/adjust from the Drivers Seat. I am not sure if the Garmin will be angled toward the driver at all, but if it is not, The addition of Navigation may make this location a bit more hazardous, as one will be looking MORE at the Stereo/Unit.

The Trailer Brake, eh- I am 50-50 on this... It should have been there, but I don't tow a trailer so I dont miss it. Adding electrical things to the Freightliner seems to be a hassle, as No-One wants to help you figure out how/where to wire things in... too much liability they say! Many people are trying to add the Build 5 Fabrication Console to the SRV2 chassis and having some challenges.

The Multiplex Wiring, eh- Might be a nice luxury upgrade, but the switches are "utility" and the do work with out any issues. I am not sure if at this price point it is a miss or not, but it would be a convenient feature
Old 04-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSix View Post
My 2018 is great (which we just purchased 1 month ago)... EXCEPT for the Changes being made to the '19.

Here are my thoughts:

The Booth Dinette Belts were almost a deal breaker for us, and we were going with a Seneca. NOW, in trying to add a set to the dinette we are getting so much conflicting info... and may just wait and swap out with the '19 dinette set and factory install belts.

The Head Unit (Kenwood) is nice, but TERRIBLY Difficult to see/adjust from the Drivers Seat. I am not sure if the Garmin will be angled toward the driver at all, but if it is not, The addition of Navigation may make this location a bit more hazardous, as one will be looking MORE at the Stereo/Unit.

The Trailer Brake, eh- I am 50-50 on this... It should have been there, but I don't tow a trailer so I dont miss it. Adding electrical things to the Freightliner seems to be a hassle, as No-One wants to help you figure out how/where to wire things in... too much liability they say! Many people are trying to add the Build 5 Fabrication Console to the SRV2 chassis and having some challenges.

The Multiplex Wiring, eh- Might be a nice luxury upgrade, but the switches are "utility" and the do work with out any issues. I am not sure if at this price point it is a miss or not, but it would be a convenient feature
Jalewis/TwinSix, Yep, understood about some of the changes. Like I said, I think a few of these are good and am mostly happy I waited for a 2019.

The Stereo/Headunit is to be the Garmin RV OEM infotainment RV-BB601 [https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/573240] which according to my research is the same as the 2018/2019 Jayco Seneca's. This New Garmin unit has a removable screen (think iPAD) and allows for control of the system away from the dash, including some WiFi apps. I think one of the key benefits of this new headunit is that it allows for one to input the size specification of their RV and therefore when using navigation, it is supposed to provide route warning using those parameters (think Low Bridges..etc)....so this I believe is a great upgrade. However is it worth the extra updated markup for a 2019 RV (subjective). I don't think they installed any differently than the current Kenwood is now...so time will tell if access/visibility is an issue or if the screen clarity/display is better?

The Seatbelts in the booth were not a big deal for us, but it is nice knowing that we now have the options of seating on the couch (x3 belts) or the dinette and will have factory installed seatbelts either way.

You are right about the Trailer Tow Brake option...I could take it or leave. it but for a $400 option, I felt it good to add as I never know in the future what or if we will be towing (we have family members with Side-by-sides and their trailers have Elect brakes...so we can tow if need be). Plus, In talking with our dealer, these are not your typ/standard 1/2-1 ton truck brake controllers as they must interface with the Freightliner installed Airbrakes...so in the end, we felt it was good to add-on and now have a factory warranty for it as well.

Also, there are a few interior color revisions listed on our Order sheet when I compare to a 2018 order sheet (i.e. 1x3 Glass tile backsplash vs. [2018] 1x1 tumbled, Wall color/décor has a different name, the vinyl flooring has a different color description, but in talking with Renegade, I imagine it is the same as all the 2018's ...We will know shortly what these actually look like (I called Renegade and they do not have an updated color board yet).

we are one of the first 2019's and are to pick ours up in a few weeks. If any of the interior changes are significant, I will post some pics if others are interested?
Old 04-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #14

RVkimbal - That would be awesome if you could share some pictures when you get your new coach. I would greatly appreciate it. That is if you can temper your excitement to snap a few...