Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #15
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_reality View Post
How do you like the valencia furniture. Is the couch and dinette comfortable? I saw in the brochure there is an option for theater seating, do you think this would be a good option?

Thanks for the excellent review.
I can unequivocally say........ HECK YES!!!

Honestly, you'll first need to realize that in many floorpans you're deleting the sleeper couch in order to add the theater seating option.
Being as my fiancee and I have no plan on anyone other than us sleeping in the rig, we didn't hesitate to change it out.
I'm not sure what the "option cost" difference is, but Renegade quoted me a price of $3000 to have the theater seating made.... I then paid shipping from Renegade to North Trail in Florida.In hindsight, I sort of wish I'd have arranged to go to Bristol, IN and have it installed at Renegade and saved the shipping.
If you're ordering this on a new rig, this really doesn't matter.

There are pics of my install in a topic that someone mentioned in an earlier post in this thread....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #16

Valencia vs Verona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotis View Post
I'm picking up my new Valencia 38RW from IWS Monday morning.
Congratulations!

We're going down (from SLC) to Wagon Trail in Las Vegas next weekend to see multiple valencia, verona and recompare to Dynamax (not so much Seneca).

Really starting to zoom in on Valencia as the possible sweet spot - though that's still more an emotional than analytical analysis.

It seems the biggest differentiator is the chassis and thus towing capacity 12k vs 20k. GVWR/GCWR of 31/46k vs 34.3/60k. We're only towing a Jeep Cherokee so either is plenty. Also diff in engines 800 vs 1000 ft. lb torque.

Assuming we decide on either Renegade model - Verona or Valencia we're almost certainly going with IWS for their high-quality service and support not to mention a litle closer.

We have until fall to decide.... may even wait until 2019 models assuming they may be tweaked and improved further after more experience.

Very much appreciating peoples comments, reviews and thoughts!
rheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #17

IWS is a great place to do business with... That's where Penny and I got our Renegade Explorer last July and the buying experience was awesome.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheil View Post
Congratulations!

We're going down (from SLC) to Wagon Trail in Las Vegas next weekend to see multiple valencia, verona and recompare to Dynamax (not so much Seneca).

Really starting to zoom in on Valencia as the possible sweet spot - though that's still more an emotional than analytical analysis.

It seems the biggest differentiator is the chassis and thus towing capacity 12k vs 20k. GVWR/GCWR of 31/46k vs 34.3/60k. We're only towing a Jeep Cherokee so either is plenty. Also diff in engines 800 vs 1000 ft. lb torque.

Assuming we decide on either Renegade model - Verona or Valencia we're almost certainly going with IWS for their high-quality service and support not to mention a litle closer.

We have until fall to decide.... may even wait until 2019 models assuming they may be tweaked and improved further after more experience.

Very much appreciating peoples comments, reviews and thoughts!
I know this is a year or so old but it really shows the difference in the quality and value of the Valencia vs Seneca vs Dynamax.

https://www.sporttruckrv.com/fckimag...-and-Force.pdf
Rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:43 AM   #19

One difference in the engines is I believe I can have Cummins up my horsepower and torque. As far as I know the isb can't produce more horsepower. We too just have a jeep Cherokee and the Verona is overkill. I think either would be a great choice. The Valencia wasn't out when we bought ours a year ago.
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:47 AM   #20

Quote:
I know this is a year or so old but it really shows the difference in the quality and value of the Valencia vs Seneca vs Dynamax.

https://www.sporttruckrv.com/fckimag...-and-Force.pdf
Brilliant, thank you, yes very handy!
rheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #21

Jayco Owners Club
Comparison is to Jayco on M2 vs S2 chassis so out of date in that major respect. Not sure which Jayco floorplan was used in the comparison. I think the 37HJ has the best bedroom. Basement storage is awesome in Jayco S2 but part of the cost is added height. Water heater is "on demand" now but I don't think that is an advantage as I had mine removed. Since my Jayco is a 2015, I think the author is comparing 2014 Jayco with 2018 Valencia.
There are other areas that they gloss over, e.g., Jayco has 72x80 king.
Anyone thinking of using this comparison should update it.
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
Comparison is to Jayco on M2 vs S2 chassis so out of date in that major respect. Not sure which Jayco floorplan was used in the comparison. I think the 37HJ has the best bedroom. Basement storage is awesome in Jayco S2 but part of the cost is added height. Water heater is "on demand" now but I don't think that is an advantage as I had mine removed. Since my Jayco is a 2015, I think the author is comparing 2014 Jayco with 2018 Valencia.
There are other areas that they gloss over, e.g., Jayco has 72x80 king.
Anyone thinking of using this comparison should update it.
Yes, as I said it's a year old, Jayco has just started using the S2 chassis, there are still quite a few out there on the lots with the M2 chassis. The article was published April 2017 and it does say at the bottom that the comparison was made with the most current information at that time and my recent research indicates it's still very accurate.

We were very close to buying a Seneca, they were easy to find on the local lots, not so much with the Valencia. We jumped at the chance to actually look at a Valencia and in my opinion, outside of the fact they are both built on the S2, the Valencia's quality and value is superior to the Seneca and Dynamax by a mile. Again, that's just my opinion.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:25 PM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I enjoy reading these posts. We are picking up our 2018 Valencia 38RW on Friday! ��
Melntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I enjoy reading these posts. We are picking up our 2018 Valencia 38RW on Friday! 💃
Melntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:54 AM   #25

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melntb View Post
I enjoy reading these posts. We are picking up our 2018 Valencia 38RW on Friday! ��
Congratulations, you are going to love it.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melntb View Post
I enjoy reading these posts. We are picking up our 2018 Valencia 38RW on Friday! 💃

Please keep us posted on your impressions of the Valencia.

We ordered our 38BB yesterday. We researched a lot of Super C's and with some good advice from my folks, who were avid full time RV'ers, the Valencia seemed to check the most boxes.

Our mission is to be able to attend our kids kart racing events without hoteling it all the time. The Valencia has the towing capacity for our trailer, the beds for all the little ones and the water capacity to easily boondock at each event. It's definitely not as fancy inside as some of the others we researched. However, it appears to be built with quality parts.
casselsracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Actually the Valencia has two group 31 starting batteries, 950 cca each. One 260 amp hour 8D AGM house battery. It is prepped for solar power. I'm picking up my new Valencia 38RW from IWS Monday morning.
Hello, I am new to this forum and read the great review on the Valencia. I see that you also purchased yours from IWS in Idaho. We purchased our from there as well last July, but unfortunately our had a slight accident while on its delivery drive (Not IWS fault). The damage was significant enough for my Wife and I to chose to not take delivery of a new and damaged unit. So we are now waiting to take delivery of Valencia 2.0 in Apr . I am curious how your experience has been with IWS. They have been great with us and couldn't imagine going anywhere else even with us living in the Seattle Area. Since we are a few months away from our 2.0 delivery, may I ask if you could offer any advice, meaning...are there any "wish i would have asked about"...or..."wish I would have looked into further"...after your recent delivery? We have a full list of Inspection items and feel as though we have done our due diligence, but it is always good to hear from any others and try and learn from experiences? Note: we too are getting a 38RW and travel to Priest Lake (Family) quite a bit...so will look for you on the road!! Look forward to discussing this with you and others on the IVR2 forum. We cannot wait to receive our Valencia for what will have taken us nearly a year when finally delivered/received.
RVkimbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVkimbal View Post
Hello, I am new to this forum and read the great review on the Valencia. I see that you also purchased yours from IWS in Idaho. We purchased our from there as well last July, but unfortunately our had a slight accident while on its delivery drive (Not IWS fault). The damage was significant enough for my Wife and I to chose to not take delivery of a new and damaged unit. So we are now waiting to take delivery of Valencia 2.0 in Apr . I am curious how your experience has been with IWS. They have been great with us and couldn't imagine going anywhere else even with us living in the Seattle Area. Since we are a few months away from our 2.0 delivery, may I ask if you could offer any advice, meaning...are there any "wish i would have asked about"...or..."wish I would have looked into further"...after your recent delivery? We have a full list of Inspection items and feel as though we have done our due diligence, but it is always good to hear from any others and try and learn from experiences? Note: we too are getting a 38RW and travel to Priest Lake (Family) quite a bit...so will look for you on the road!! Look forward to discussing this with you and others on the IVR2 forum. We cannot wait to receive our Valencia for what will have taken us nearly a year when finally delivered/received.
Congratulations on your Valencia 2.0. IWS lived up to their reputation. They had the rig all setup when we got there at 9:00 AM and Marty met us at the door. He first took us on a short tour of IWS and told us about it's history, it's a very impressive operation, first class all the way.

Marty spent all day with us, he went over everything in detail, they want to make sure you are completely comfortable with everything.

I can't say there was anything I wished I had asked, they are very thorough. They do go through things as if you are beginner, which is probably a good thing but we are long time RV'ers and have had many coaches so most of it I already knew.

We love this area so much we bought property here in 2016 after fulltiming for several years. Send me a private message when you are going to be in the area and we'll try to meet up.