Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #1

Renegade Valencia vs Verona

In my research process and trying to find out the differences in the Valencia and Verona. So far, this is what I know:

Obviously the M2 vs S2RV chassis is a big one, and I know all the differences between them. I know the Verona also has the Aqua Hot where the Valencia has propane. I know the refrigerator appears to be a little higher end in the Verona, but they are the same size. What other big items are there? Is there any difference in overall construction/ build quality, especially behind the scenes that is not apparent to the naked eye?
PremierPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #2

My guess would be the construction process is the same between the Verona and Valentina. The differences are just small things here and there like better woodwork in the Verona, appliance may be slightly upgraded here and there.
The big difference is of course in the chassis. The L9 is significantly more costly compared to the ISB, TRV 3000 is much heavier tranny compared to the RV3000. Springs, brakes, etc are much more heavy duty in the M2.
Your call as to true worth? When I purchased my Verona I just could not justify spending $28,000 more for a Verona LE.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
I prefer the dual fuel tanks on the Verona. The single fuel tank located aft is a bit of a pita as most truck stops require you buy diesel first then DEF. OK I could get by with 2 separate transactions as a work around but found that at some truck stops I could not get past needing to buy diesel in the same transaction.

If you look at the Verona floorplan you will see overhead cabinets above the dinette area...not there in Valencia. If you spend long periods of time in the rig (a month or more) you will be looking for all the storage you can find.
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #4

No question the Verona has some niceties over the Valencia. Some real advanatages, the larger engine for example. You an do the same comparison between a Classic or Ikon and a Verona and say the Classes is superior. The question is what is best for your mission. If you are towing heavier loads and through mountains, the bigger engine may make the Verona a far superior machine. For our mission, the Valencia is a way better value and we are very happy with it. That being said, I do really look forward to ordering my Renegade Custom on a Peterbilt chassis one day... But until then I am gonna enjoy the heck out of my Valencia.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #5

The most obvious difference that you did not list is the presence of the cab-over bunk, which is not available on any other "production" Renegade. Custom models can of course get it. For my family, the cab over bunk + split bathroom was voted more comfortable / desirable than the bunks + squished bathroom on the Verona 40VBH so Valencia it is. If you don't need the cab-over bunk I'd sure rather not have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
If you look at the Verona floorplan you will see overhead cabinets above the dinette area...not there in Valencia. If you spend long periods of time in the rig (a month or more) you will be looking for all the storage you can find.
A counter-point to this is that as of mid-2020 model year, Valencias have full height windows over the dinette and on the dinette end of the slide. It is nice to be able to see outside while standing up instead of having to sit down. Maybe this seems like a stupid tradeoff, but I really enjoy it. We're not full timing so storage is not an issue for us, even as a family of 4 and two pups.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:21 PM   #6

Cabover is avail in Verona now. First ones are being made right now.
lslblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #7

After doing more and more research, I have put together this comparison. The VAST majority of differences are the chassis.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Renegade Verona & Valencia Comparison.pdf (599.4 KB, 316 views)
Old 07-22-2020, 08:47 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierPOWER View Post
After doing more and more research, I have put together this comparison. The VAST majority of differences are the chassis.
Nice job!
tankcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #9

Nice comparison, should help many when shopping.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Great comparison chart! Thanks.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:50 PM   #11

We opted for a pre-owned 2018 Verona over a new 2020 Valencia for the following reasons: The Verona was only 15 months old (admittedly hard to find) and was $23,000 less than the new Valencia (and we LOVED the Valencia). If you really appreciate an overbuilt chassis, great engine braking, large towing capabilities and 1,150 lb./ft of torque, then investigate the Verona models. If you don't necessarily want or need the capabilities of the Freightliner M2 chassis, then the Valencia would be a good choice. A few words of caution: Either choice is expensive. If you went the Verona route, you would likely be more satisfied over time than if you chose the Valencia. There is no doubt that the M2's L9 Cummins motor in the Verona will very much outperform and outlast the Cummins B6.7 that rests inside the Valencia. We're kind of tired of always "looking" for our next rig. The Verona will likely stay with you for a very long time. Test drive both of them......that will probably make your decision, as both models are very similar in the "House" area. Either way, you've made an excellent choice in Renegade.
bkesslersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #12

Quote:
I notice things on here that our 2020 Verona does not have like adaptive CC and a few other things. Was this something new for 2021?
MJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ19 View Post
I notice things on here that our 2020 Verona does not have like adaptive CC and a few other things. Was this something new for 2021?
Yes, attached are the changes for 2021
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2021 Verona Changes.pdf (209.5 KB, 185 views)
Old 08-10-2020, 09:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Yes, attached are the changes for 2021
Diamond Front Coating is an option as well and does not come standard I do not believe. It didn't on the 2020 and I don't believe it does on the 2021 but I could be mistaken.
MJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote