RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:11 AM   #1

Renegade Verona Digital Inverter Refrigerator

Hello All, I posted a short review on the new Samsung Digital Inverter refrigerators like the one provided by Renegade on my Verona and wanted to share a link and article with other Super C owners. This new Inverter refrigerator draws less than 3 amps providing twice the run time from your bank of AGM batteries while off the grid. I provide a link below to the thread Enjoy.

Stay Safe - Mike

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/new...ml#post5438698

Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #2

We like ours except for the time a power interuption made it go into the store display mode where the light comes on but no cooling. Googled the problem and re set it for cooling. It is a nice unit.
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
We like ours except for the time a power interuption made it go into the store display mode where the light comes on but no cooling. Googled the problem and re set it for cooling. It is a nice unit.

Thanks for the reply - I've heard that from a few different owners - perhaps they fixed it with firmware on newer boxes since I've interrupted mine dozens of time and it defaults back to cooling mode.

Thanks Mike
Old 09-15-2020, 01:55 PM   #4

3 amps at 115 volts translates to about 30 amps at 12 volts. Of course it will be a little less and only run part time.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
Hello All, I posted a short review on the new Samsung Digital Inverter refrigerators like the one provided by Renegade on my Verona

Thanks for the info - I'll have to check if all Renegades are now coming with the new digital fridges. On a side note: I saw that you traded from a New Aire to the Verona. Those are both coaches that we are interested in. How are you finding the Verona after your experience with the New Aire? Are you a happy camper? Miss anything that the Newmar offered?

Thanks
Wandering Mcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Mcs View Post
Thanks for the info - I'll have to check if all Renegades are now coming with the new digital fridges. On a side note: I saw that you traded from a New Aire to the Verona. Those are both coaches that we are interested in. How are you finding the Verona after your experience with the New Aire? Are you a happy camper? Miss anything that the Newmar offered?

Thanks
Thanks for the reply - I actually bought a Leisure RTB first which I converted to Lithium which I still have for my consulting trips, then I purchased the Renegade.

The New Aire and the Renegade are like totally different animals. The New Aire offers a lot of the niceties of a Mountain Aire, however what she lacked was a good solid frame since any time you parked at any angle the compartment doors would go off 1/2" in the paint lines. In addition, every Newmar built has the worlds worst wiring. In nearly 40 years of RV段ng, I never seen such poor quality wiring. Another problem was the small 6.7 L Cummins trying to push 30,000+ lb RV was at max. It's not that it won't do it , you just had to be careful on hills and either leave it in 4th gear or manually shift it.

The Renegade is unlike any 30' coach built, it has traditional Renegade workmanship on the build and interior. It's a coach you could use for work everyday, its designed to be used. I致e since torn the Renegade apart converting it to a Lithium powered coach and every where I look behind or under, there is high quality construction.

Where the Renegade Verona differs from any other coach (New Aire included) is it's brute power to weight ratio. The L9 Cummins does not know its even carrying an RV on its back. The Renegade only weighs 24.000 lb that's 10,000 lbs less than the New Aire. The coach never leaves 6th gear regardless of the hill or speed - the L9 is as happy as can be. The biggest bonus the Renegade is $80 to $100,000 less money than a New Aire and more coach - you can buy a lot of camping, fuel and goodies for $100k, like a lithium system and still have a pocket full of cash left.

The Renegade is a real Man's RV, you'll feel good when driving her!

I知 doing an in-depth review on the Renegade and another on the Renegade lithium conversion which I値l post on this great forum.

If you would like tons of information on the New Aire, I posted a number of my reviews on my personal web site at RVVOLT.COM Be sure to read the article on the slides because the two models have a world of difference especially with walk-back egress, and slide operation.

Stay Safe - Mike

Old 09-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #7

Nice comparison of the two coaches, informative. Am interested in the lithium conversion.

However we do have a significantly different experience in our 36vsb with the M2/L9 than reported by Idleup. We drive predominantly in the mountain west and maybe the mountain passes and grades are different than Idleup encounters. We can attest to Idleup's experience on flat highway all the way up to ~3% grades. We tow an F150 (~5000 lbs) and is very easy to forget that it's back there. Beyond that we differ with Idleup.

Our 36VSBL9 cannot maintain highway speed regardless of grade. On long 5 or 6% grades we routinely find ourselves downshifted (manually) and at 45 or 50 mph. If on a ~4% grade and cruising along at maybe 55 or 60 mph, all is well, but if you get cut off by a slower vehicle or otherwise are forced to slow down due to traffic, the L9 cannot recover and while on grade you cannot accelerate back to speed. Not even close.

I believe L9 is a great engine and performance would be better if mated to a different transmission. The 6 speed Allison performs poorly in mountainous terrain. Some leverage in changing modes, etc, but marginal improvement.

My thinking/experience is that if you seriously want to "never leave 6th gear regardless of hill or speed", you probably need a DD13 or DD15 or similar with Detroits DT12 or similar. The L9/Allison is not the right power plant. If you need or expect that kind of performance in your coach, you will be disappointed with the 106 M2, L9 Allison.

Safe travels.
DeetsMaggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, refrigerator