Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2021, 07:40 AM   #1

Renegade Verona LE tire pressure system

The admiral and I are about 6 months away from selling our house and go RVing full time. Tops on our list of motorhomes is the 2022 Renegade Verona LE which has a TPS.

We have been watching YouTube videos of RV add on gear and many have a TPS with temperature as a must have. My question is have any of you added some sort of temperature monitoring system system in addition to your tire pressure system.

Since we plan to flat tow it seems necessary to have the pressure and temp.
on the tow vehicle.
RodnReel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2021, 05:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodnReel View Post
The admiral and I are about 6 months away from selling our house and go RVing full time. Tops on our list of motorhomes is the 2022 Renegade Verona LE which has a TPS.

We have been watching YouTube videos of RV add on gear and many have a TPS with temperature as a must have. My question is have any of you added some sort of temperature monitoring system system in addition to your tire pressure system.

on the tow vehicle.
The TPMS on my 2021 Verona 36VSB provides the temperature of each tire and a warning of overheating.
Paul R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:40 AM   #3

I have a tireminder system on my 2017 it does not have a factory system
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:09 AM   #4

I’ve got the older version of this system. EEZTire-TPMS8 Real Time/24x7 Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Color Monitor + 8 at Sensors, incl. 3-Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BEF1WS...ing=UTF8&psc=1 It works great. Temperature and pressure. Especially since I tow a tandem axle enclosed trailer and I put sensors on that. All of it displays on a single screen.
Desertcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodnReel View Post

on the tow vehicle.
We have a TST TPMS system. The Verona comes with a TPMS system, but I like the visibility and ease of monitoring both coach and towed vehicle using the TST system. Love the colored screen. When starting the coach, I make it a habit to run through each tire to ensure all is normal prior to departure. Also keep an occasional eye on it as I am driving.
trailerbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:36 AM   #6

The provided Freightliner tire pressure display works fine, however it will not read pressure prior to leaving out for the day, the tires have to be rolling for a period of time. Regretfully, the display is horribley small and somewhat clumbersum to move through the tires. A good practice is to turn on your parking lights to illuminate the display during the day.

In any case, it does work well and will warn you with a flashing light and beeping sound should a tire have heat or pressure issues.

My favorite TPMS is the Tireminder unit, they make a stand alone and an Iphone version. My phone sits in a holder and the large display rotates though all the tires showing pressure and temperature You can find a review on my personal web site at RVVOLT.COM

Regards Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM.png
Views:	44
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	341429  
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:41 PM   #7

I agree with the last 2 posts. The factory option does work and works well. You can set your parameters but I agree it is hard to see from the drivers seat. An aftermarket system would provide better visual for monitoring although I still rely on the factory option.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 01:20 PM   #8

We have the TST 507 TPMS for the MH and toad and it works great. Don't even need the repeater for the toad.

Tags
tire, tire pressure