Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2021, 09:22 PM   #1

Renegade Verona LE VS Renegade Explorerer

What do you know about each? Interior ceiling height? Cab room? HP and all is a given but what about the things that are not published? Shower size in each? Lets hear what you have to say about each and thank you for any conversation..
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2021, 11:58 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram-Man View Post
What do you know about each? Interior ceiling height? Cab room? HP and all is a given but what about the things that are not published? Shower size in each? Lets hear what you have to say about each and thank you for any conversation..

If you are asking about a ‘22 Explorer, it is very similar to a Verona LE but on the new Cascadia chassis. House is not much different, but the chassis is a whole different animal.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:35 AM   #3

I"m new to this category, and have been seeing references to the Cascadia chassis. Can you enlighten me about that vs. an M2 106 or 112?
Old 08-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #4

If I had the choice between a Verona LE on an M2 and a new Explorer on a Cascadia chassis, it would be a no-brainer decision.
MagnaTudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
If you are asking about a ‘22 Explorer, it is very similar to a Verona LE but on the new Cascadia chassis. House is not much different, but the chassis is a whole different animal.
Actually I would say the house is similar in layout and size, but not really the same. The explorer is an upgrade in materials, and options above the V-LE, just as the XL is an upgrade and the Ikon is a further upgrade. Whether it's worth that in the eye of the beholder, is up to them. For me, I ordered the Explorer based on my chassis wants/needs and will gladly enjoy the nicer trappings as a side benefit.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:09 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Lebowski View Post
Actually I would say the house is similar in layout and size, but not really the same. The explorer is an upgrade in materials, and options above the V-LE, just as the XL is an upgrade and the Ikon is a further upgrade. Whether it's worth that in the eye of the beholder, is up to them. For me, I ordered the Explorer based on my chassis wants/needs and will gladly enjoy the nicer trappings as a side benefit.

My Explorer is due in October.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Quote:
My Explorer is due in October.
Jealous of both and working deals now with 2 dealers to see if we can swing it.
Did either one of you get to drive one? I can't even find one to put my eyes on other than reviews on YouTube..
Old 08-12-2021, 08:59 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Did either one of you get to drive one? I can't even find one to put my eyes on other than reviews on YouTube..

Didn’t see one or drive one. Isn’t blind faith great[emoji23]. I have, however, owned a Renegade in the past. BTW, just found out my Oct delivery is now Dec……maybe?
Old 08-12-2021, 10:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Didn’t see one or drive one. Isn’t blind faith great[emoji23]. I have, however, owned a Renegade in the past. BTW, just found out my Oct delivery is now Dec……maybe?
Yes sir blind faith is great or at least I hope it is. Kind of how I'm flying now. By the seat of my pants but once you own a Renegade there is no turning back. I trust them and would not do this with any other manufacturer in the world besides Renegade.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:22 AM   #10

Quote:

I posted the following yesterday on a Renegade Owners facebook group, after talking to the regional sales rep about my order.

Just thought I would let people know about the potential for a delay of your ordered Renegade. I ordered an Explorer at the very beginning of February. It was a dealer ordered unit already in the line for delivery on Sept 15th. They had another 40ERB coming in July, but the dealer gave me the best deal on the second one. I just got an update from the regional sales manager and it is now currently planned for the build to start 10/8 and completion on 12/3. So delivery at least 3 months later than originally planned. I just thought I would share, so people who have ordered units know about the potential for delays. By the way, the one they had ordered for July has also not been built yet. I'm patient so no big deal, but was looking forward to using it this fall.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:14 AM   #11

Quote:
I posted the following yesterday on a Renegade Owners facebook group, after talking to the regional sales rep about my order.

Just thought I would let people know about the potential for a delay of your ordered Renegade. I ordered an Explorer at the very beginning of February. It was a dealer ordered unit already in the line for delivery on Sept 15th. They had another 40ERB coming in July, but the dealer gave me the best deal on the second one. I just got an update from the regional sales manager and it is now currently planned for the build to start 10/8 and completion on 12/3. So delivery at least 3 months later than originally planned. I just thought I would share, so people who have ordered units know about the potential for delays. By the way, the one they had ordered for July has also not been built yet. I'm patient so no big deal, but was looking forward to using it this fall.
I am supposed to talk to both dealers today to get the final numbers and I will mention the delays you are getting and see what they say. Im sure its all just part of the trying to get parts from manufacturers and trying to find the work force to stay caught up. Its the new world we are living in.

When I talked to them yesterday about the numbers one of the dealers said it was hard to price them out because the potential for price increases during the process.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:53 AM   #12

Quote:
I am supposed to talk to both dealers today to get the final numbers and I will mention the delays you are getting and see what they say. Im sure its all just part of the trying to get parts from manufacturers and trying to find the work force to stay caught up. Its the new world we are living in.

When I talked to them yesterday about the numbers one of the dealers said it was hard to price them out because the potential for price increases during the process.
Yes, it is supply chain issues. They are waiting on lots of stuff.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:16 PM   #13

We bought our Ikon sight unseen and it was also at least 60 to 90 days late in delivery from initial order date. We are very pleased so far with it. It drives and handles very well. The fuel mileage is also good. It is far better than any of the 3 Prevost conversions we had prior.

IWS treated us very well when we went out to have some things completed after we picked it up at the factory. Their shop is spotless and the people are all fantastic. They fixed a few things that had cropped up and also helped with questions on the wifi ranger that was installed.

We had some other issues that Renegade is working on with wifi ranger and also some with Garmin (they supply the Empirbus multiplex system for the Ikon) and they have been great to communicate with. I would not hesitate to buy from Renegade or IWS again.
Mark3101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark3101 View Post
We bought our Ikon sight unseen and it was also at least 60 to 90 days late in delivery from initial order date. We are very pleased so far with it. It drives and handles very well. The fuel mileage is also good. It is far better than any of the 3 Prevost conversions we had prior.

IWS treated us very well when we went out to have some things completed after we picked it up at the factory. Their shop is spotless and the people are all fantastic. They fixed a few things that had cropped up and also helped with questions on the wifi ranger that was installed.

We had some other issues that Renegade is working on with wifi ranger and also some with Garmin (they supply the Empirbus multiplex system for the Ikon) and they have been great to communicate with. I would not hesitate to buy from Renegade or IWS again.
Mark agree 100% and we are Renegade people.. My wife is the most loyal person to them I have seen. I actually suggested maybe looking at a Newmar just for kicks and she would have no part of it.

Talked to a couple dealers today who have allotments of Explorers still available and we are in such a screwed up world right now, one of the dealers said they would take a $2500 refundable deposit but would not give a price on the rig till it actually arrived. WTH?? First of all its 5 months out and if I committed to that they may ask for full MSRP plus... Its not their fault by no means and I do understand. Too much risk for them and the consumer right now. Just the new world we live in.....

The other dealer discounted about 20k off MSRP...