Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2019, 04:42 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
JCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cape Coral, FL
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
Our stock theater seating has one side that sags and drops forward. The foot rest also will not hold the weight of my legs without heading for the floor. The other side is has a level seat and a leg rest that is stiffer.

My one year warranty expires in October. I have not yet gone in for any warranty work, rather am saving up. What do you think the dealer should do? Is it adjustable or should it be changed out.
I had a similar problem - the recliner sagged or lean to one side - noticeably when seated. Took photos of the under carriage with foot rest up - very evident problem.

The dealer replaced the recliner under warranty but it took a while. In the process created a small tear in the wall behind the console.

The replacement is okay but not exactly what it should be and it had to go back to have the lever to deploy the foot rest adjusted - it required extraordinary effort to move and deploy the foot rest. Works now.
__________________
Renegade 2019 Verona LE LRB
2013 Jeep Sahara Wrangler Unlimited
Blue Ox - Avail / M&G Brake System
Former Coach - Newmar London Aire
JCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAT View Post
The dealer replaced the recliner under warranty but it took a while.
This is on our list for North Trail in October. Our warranty expires October 17 so I will take to them and probably get it back by November 17.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 267
Great thread guys and thanks for posting. I too have a new Renegade Verona and the sleeper sofa is the worst. My wife tried to buy an air mattress for it but its just a lot of trouble. We finally decided we bought this for our comfort and not others so the sofa is on its way out and either a couple recliner chairs or a theater seat is definitely in the works before using next summer.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 1,057
As I motioned in post # 30 above, I took it in to North Trail a couple of weeks ago to have the theater seats adjusted and they rejected the claim saying that there was nothing wrong with it. I have lived with the problem of not being able to stay reclined since the coach was new. The only way to check the seat is to run a slide out and have a decent size man sit in it and try to stay reclined. It cannot be checked without room for the leg rest to extend.

I asked NT three times, twice in emails, if they ran the slide out to check it and they have not answered except for the service writer to say..."I'll check". No answer after two weeks.

Another issue they are pushing back on are my Firefly tank gauges. During the last year Woody and I have exchanged over a dozen emails about why they don't ever seem to work properly. These emails plus several to Firefly and a few more between IWS and be add up to almost 20 emails. We took the coach to IWS in August for them to fix them but our Carefree Awning self destructed before we got there so they worked on that instead of the tank gauges. I decided to save that issue for my NT visit in October. Big mistake.

NT said nothing was wrong with them. What it looks like they did was fill my gray tank until the gauge read full and declare nothing wrong with the gauges. They sent me home with a full gray tank.

I have asked them three times, including two emails. if they checked any probes, connectors or the mother board and they have not answered after two weeks.

I am beginning to think that if idiots could fly, NT would be a large airport.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:00 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
As I motioned in post # 30 above, I took it in to North Trail a couple of weeks ago to have the theater seats adjusted and they rejected the claim saying that there was nothing wrong with it. I have lived with the problem of not being able to stay reclined since the coach was new. The only way to check the seat is to run a slide out and have a decent size man sit in it and try to stay reclined. It cannot be checked without room for the leg rest to extend.

I asked NT three times, twice in emails, if they ran the slide out to check it and they have not answered except for the service writer to say..."I'll check". No answer after two weeks.

Another issue they are pushing back on are my Firefly tank gauges. During the last year Woody and I have exchanged over a dozen emails about why they don't ever seem to work properly. These emails plus several to Firefly and a few more between IWS and be add up to almost 20 emails. We took the coach to IWS in August for them to fix them but our Carefree Awning self destructed before we got there so they worked on that instead of the tank gauges. I decided to save that issue for my NT visit in October. Big mistake.

NT said nothing was wrong with them. What it looks like they did was fill my gray tank until the gauge read full and declare nothing wrong with the gauges. They sent me home with a full gray tank.

I have asked them three times, including two emails. if they checked any probes, connectors or the mother board and they have not answered after two weeks.

I am beginning to think that if idiots could fly, NT would be a large airport.
I will 2nd the notion on NT being a large airport. I am from NC but bought my rig from them. It was all good till writing the check but after that they have the attitude of See ya...

On to the tank gauges. I have not looked at these on this rig but I do know on my Dynamax, the sensors were basically a sticky tab on the side of the tank exterior. Not sure thats where your problem might be but maybe a place to check. The adjustment on the sensors was to just peel them off and raise or lower as desired to make them read correctly. Just a thought..
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:42 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram-Man View Post
I will 2nd the notion on NT being a large airport. I am from NC but bought my rig from them. It was all good till writing the check but after that they have the attitude of See ya...

On to the tank gauges. I have not looked at these on this rig but I do know on my Dynamax, the sensors were basically a sticky tab on the side of the tank exterior. Not sure thats where your problem might be but maybe a place to check. The adjustment on the sensors was to just peel them off and raise or lower as desired to make them read correctly. Just a thought..
My tank probes are drilled through the sides by the tank manufacturer. I wish they were stick on.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:53 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Ziggy8321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 257
Do a search on See Level tank gauge and sensors. Many of us have replaced ours with this unit. Easy to do and it works.
__________________
Paul
This opinion is worth what you paid for it
2018 Renegade Verona 36VSB
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:13 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 1,057
Do our theater seats have any way to adjust the tension?
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:34 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 1,057
After several blunt comments about NT's service to the service manager they finally called the seat manufacturer and were told that the seat tension can be adjusted by moving the springs to different holes...thus stretching the spring more. They adjusted mine and it is fine now.

What a sorry organization.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Phil_Cook's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 223
We are also planning the Alaska trip so out comes the uncomfy sofa and I ordered Flexsteel love seats. Plenty of time as Alaska is June 2021
__________________
Phil & Deb - Venice, FL
2023 Luxe Elite 39FB in process
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali
Phil_Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:27 PM   #39
Member
 
Tobyamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 53
Renegade Verona theater seating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy8321 View Post
In anticipation of our 3 month Alaska trip soon, we decide to replace the uncomfortable sleeper couch in our Verona with theater seating.

Yes, it is now available for 2020 but we also didn't like what Renegade had to offer. After going to a few big RV shows (Tamps and FMCA), looking online etc for RV theater seating, we felt what was available, regardless of cost, was just not comfy or to the quality we liked. We decide on a Seatcraft Republic love seat in top grain leather (tired of cheap pleather or bonded leather etc). Part of the reason for the love seat we selected was that it is electric recline and electric head rest plus it is the EXACT size we needed (72").

The love seat should be here next week and I will keep things up to date with pix to show how it works out.

Forgot to take pix of the removal of old couch, but it was very easy. 4 screws hold the couch to the floor, 4 screws hold the back on. Just remove the strut from the bottom of entrance door so the door will swing complete open and the couch fits nicely through the door. The old couch and new love seat bot are 25" at the arm rest so fit through the 28" door fine as long as you take the back off first.

Also in prep for the trip, while at FMCA, I had the Winegard in-motion sat dome replaced with a RF Mogul open array sat dish as the domes can't look down far enough for Alaska whereas the open array can. BTW, anyone wanting a good deal on a slightly used in motion dome, let me know.

More to follow on the install next week when the love seat arrives.
We have the factory Theater seats in our Verona VSB, we are converting to the SeatCraft version since they lay flat and can easily be used to sleep on for guests. We are fortunate that SeatCraft is about 10 miles from us. No shipping costs!
Happy trails!
Tom
Tobyamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heat, heater



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New theater seating Verona LE LTS rebelsbeach Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum 20 02-15-2018 09:53 PM
Anyone replace sofa with theater seating? RobinfromCA iRV2.com General Discussion 21 04-02-2014 05:01 PM
Kountry Star theater seating Angela1 Newmar Owner's Forum 5 09-07-2009 04:10 PM
Flexsteel Sleep Theater seating.....help! gtcoatie MH-General Discussions & Problems 4 12-10-2007 11:12 AM
Flexsteel Sleep Theater Seating.....anyone have it? gtcoatie Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 2 12-08-2007 05:40 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.