Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #1

Renegade Verona VSB is no more?

I had just downloaded the Renegade 2018 brochure from their website and while looking through it, I noticed there was no longer any mention , pix or floor plan for the 36VSB.

It's the exact same brochure as the 2017 with the exception of the VSB.

More fun to speculate than to call them

Anyone know for sure?
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2017, 06:01 AM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy8321 View Post
I had just downloaded the Renegade 2018 brochure from their website and while looking through it, I noticed there was no longer any mention , pix or floor plan for the 36VSB.

It's the exact same brochure as the 2017 with the exception of the VSB.

More fun to speculate than to call them

Anyone know for sure?
Just checked the main Renegade website and it shows a 36VSB floorplan for 2018. Here's the link.

https://www.renegaderv.com/renegade-...iner-motorhome
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:43 AM   #3

Yes the 36VSB is on the web site but no longer in the brochure which is what people would see at the dealership.
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy8321 View Post
Yes the 36VSB is on the web site but no longer in the brochure which is what people would see at the dealership.

Here's one on order at North Trail.... Have no idea why it's apparently not in the brochure, as it's listed on Renegade web site and still being produced.

**ON EDIT** I was just thinking... if you don't get an answer any sooner, I will ask Kyle in person at North Trail, as I'll be there on the 27th of this month.

https://www.northtrailrv.com/invento...htype=0&year=0
Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #5

Ziggy and others...I made the same observation as you Ziggy, thought it was interesting to say the least. I have been told from a very reliable source at Renegade that they are coming out with two new models in 2018, no idea in what model/models. My bet is we will be seeing more utilization of the SC2RV chassis in the lower priced coaches and no more M2 option. Time will tell I guess.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #6

So in this months motorhome magazine they had a short blurb on the valencia .
They said that the SC2RV had a better performance than the M2 based chassis. ?? I thought that was odd, since I have more towing capacity and the ISL9 instead of the ISB engine.
Thought it was an odd comment...
Love our VSB BTW
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #7

Interesting post.... I found some related info on thoughts of Freightliners intnetions here.... Print Page - Freightliner

Options are always good! :-)
rheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:03 PM   #8

Found this as well. Seems to be a custom made chassis from Freightliner specifically for the RV market. Nice single 100 gal center (rear) fuel tank and 10 gal DEP.

https://www.fcccrv.com/chassis/s2rv/
Old 11-22-2017, 06:08 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

So I'm guessing that Freightshaker plans on using the SC2RV chassis on a "new" Valencia...

Puhleeze tell me they're not stopping RV production using the M2 chassis.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #10

Good morning...My bet is you will see some kind of VSB floor plan in the Valencia line up. I would hate to see the M2 chassis be given up and the force into the Casscadia price bracket. As I have stated before there are some benefits to the SC2RV in that they fall under the Freightliner Custom Coach Chassis subsidiary in Gaffney, SC,and therefore you could be a member of the FCCC Club and get some benefits we can not get owning the M2 or other chassis. Have a great, safe Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2017, 09:01 AM   #11

From various articles I've found (there aren't many actually, it's a new this year product) it sounds like Freightliner has introduced the new SC2RV Custom Chassis to both take advantage of an uptick in Super C style RV's, generally, and to compete against the medium duty trucks (e.g. Ford 450) with a better performing chassis designed specifically for Super C's market.

Full size class 7 or 8 chassis are generally overkill for Super C's and other than the school bus chassis there are few options.

Indeed, the sc2rv seems like a needed chassis for the Valencia level marketplace. I see no evidence the traditional chassis will go away and will still be available and used. But the SC2RV may well be a really good platform for developing more affordable high-end Super C's where towing up to 10-12k and better/higher GVW is wanted (aka a Toad)... i.e. the Valencia.

For the highest end (Ikon, Classic) no doubt the M2 and Cascadia will remain, primarily for the greater towing capacity for large trailers.

Interesting to me is what which direction the Verona goes... It's unclear to me the longterm differentiation between Valencia and Verona going forward - other than towing capacity (i.e. underlying chassis; sr2rv vs m2).
Old 11-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Sat down to dinner tonight at a local sports bar here in Fort Myers and struck up a conversation with the gentleman next to me, who ended up being recently retired from the RV industry. Apparently he worked for a tire and wheel supplier for over forty years.

Anyway, we got into the discussion regarding Freightliner and their SCRV intentions.... In his opinion FWIW, Freightliner would be crazy to drop the M2 chassis offerings...

OK.... Now I'm really wanting to seek out the powers to be at North Trail tomorrow...
Old 11-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #13

Always good to get differing opinions! Especially over a nice cold beer or two. I would bet that the M2 maintains a place in the Renegade line up but I all so would guess that the SC2RV will be utilized more to compete with the Dynamax 5 and the Ram/Ford chassis....time will tell.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #14

looks like the Renegade web site has been corrected...VSB is back being offered in the Verona line up.