RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-08-2020, 12:19 AM   #127

reply to mamacol

I doubt there is misrepresentation here. The MB Sprinter chassis is necessarily 1-2 years older than the Renegade RV model year. Renegade has to purchase, order, and receive the chassis before the RV can be built. I think that is true for all Class C's.

My 2015 Villagio is built on a 2013 or 2014 MB chassis. It is important to know the actual chassis model year when dealing with Sprinter repairs.

Hope that helps.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2020, 08:13 AM   #128

Agree with all the others! We have the HAB model and have had warranty work! Just have to be sure dealer starts warranty period properly!
We changed a few things: deeper sink with new faucet, the original set up was horrible! Replaced bed with a American Leather hide a bed! Expensive but worth it! Now bed stays made when we put it up!
Hennessy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:56 PM   #129

Hi Everyone,
2018 Renegade Vienna Model #25VFWS
I assume chassis is 2017 Sprinter., getting SRS warning on Dash. "SRS restraint system visit workshop" I took to local MB dealer, the service guy talked me out of having them look at it. He said, we'll charge you $150 and the diagnosis will be "someone (renegade) other than mercedes messed with the seats so it's not a MB issue." Anyone had this issue? Know how to resolve? SRS warning is constant so I definitely need it resolved.
shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #130

I had the problem with my 15 WGO View. I took it to the Mercedes dealer, they told me that they would charge me if itís a Winnebago issue. They fixed it and did not charge me. I would fix it as itís your airbag. Your dealer wonít be able to remove codes.

My issue was the wire line from the seat to the system.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #131

We had a 2019 Villagio that had the same warning. We took it to the MB dealer and they informed us that if you have a front seat that swivels the RV manufacturer is supposed to reroute the wires so they are not cut when you turn the seat which is what happened to ours giving us the same warning. MB said it wouldn't be a warranty item and take it to the RV dealer. Shortly after that I saw the following post on the Renegade Villagio/Vienna Facebook site. I have not looked into the recall but the discussion on Facebook indicated the recall might be for additional years.

NHTSA Safety Recall for certain model year MB 2019-20 vehicles. ďCertain Sprinter vehicles that are equipped with front swivel -seats, the wires in the seats, the wires in the seat wiring harness could become jammed and damaged in the swivel-seat frame ď. Could affect airbag .............
tjwoles is offline   Reply With Quote