Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2021, 02:32 PM   #141

About to purchase a 2022 Vienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restintexan View Post
If you've never done RVing, you might want to rent one and take a sizable trip. It could tell you a lot what's important and what is not.
Thanks Restintexan! I'm sure I have a lot to learn about RV'ing and I'm expecting a lot of harsh lessons will be learned at the most inconvenient times.

However, I am looking for any pre-purchase advice, warnings, or even positive experiences, with the Vienna itself.

Thanks!
JarredR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2021, 08:46 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
My 2015 Villagio no longer warns when DEF should be replenished. Anyone else? The local Mercedes dealer where I get oil changes repeatedly has told me not to worry about it because it will not affect engine performance in any way. Doesn't seem right to me.

Sssteele
After multiple DEF sensor failures on my 2016 Villagio, my mechanic recommended to just fill the DEF container at every 3 fuel refill (about 1000mi) and not allow the sensor to be exposed which can allow it to malfunction. Has been working for me for 10,000 miles. Good luck!
TXROADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:47 PM   #143

Just purchased (May) 2021 Villagio FWS from a dealer in NY. I'm located in Cherry Hill, NJ.
Slide problem to be repaired in October. I found the "foam bed" too soft (especially at the edges of the bed) so I ordered a custom inner spring mattress. It's to be delivered late this week. I'll post a review if anyone lets me know they're interested. Just short 2 day trips so far.
drmjwnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:25 PM   #144

2021 Villagio FWS. We got the standard dinette (needed the card playing set-up) but have found that the dinette bed, once made up, is too short (side to side, etc.). It seems that if the back cushions can be removed, the bed could be made about 10" - 12" wider. The cushions are permanently attached to each of the dinette backboards. Has anyone considered how that could be done?
drmjwnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:17 AM   #145

This forum is pretty quiet.Use this and FB Vienna and Villagio RV group for good info. Very active group but seems to be oriented to newer units but still good info.
gchapell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 04:44 PM   #146

New 2022 Vienna

Just drove our new 2022 Vienna back to Michigan from Fretz RV in Souderton, PA. (Good people, by the way. Ask for Pete Poloni.) Like pretty much everything. One beef is the 2000W inverter that only powers the TV and two wall receptacles but not the pop-up outlet on the galley nor the bathroom outlet. Was told that's because they are GFI, but it is disappointing to have to start the generator to make a cup of coffee in the galley using a Keurig unit that doesn't come nearly close to 2KW. Any ideas?

Also there was no users manual for the solar panel controller, and I sure would like to know what those little lights me. Two are green. One is red! No manual to look up why.
Jurisdictionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:40 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurisdictionary View Post
Just drove our new 2022 Vienna back to Michigan from Fretz RV in Souderton, PA. (Good people, by the way. Ask for Pete Poloni.) Like pretty much everything. One beef is the 2000W inverter that only powers the TV and two wall receptacles but not the pop-up outlet on the galley nor the bathroom outlet. Was told that's because they are GFI, but it is disappointing to have to start the generator to make a cup of coffee in the galley using a Keurig unit that doesn't come nearly close to 2KW. Any ideas?

Also there was no users manual for the solar panel controller, and I sure would like to know what those little lights me. Two are green. One is red! No manual to look up why.

Check out the Vienna and Villagio facebook group. There is a files section with one on the firefly unit itself. There are also solar posts. Apparently there is a set up which needs to be done or it won't charge. A lot of good info/knowledge, especially on newer units.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:04 PM   #148

Model # Vienna 25VFWS

to make coffee on inverter only, I use a power stip extension cord from outlet behind driver seat; coffee maker sits on the dinette table.
shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:23 PM   #149

Help Finding FB page

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchapell View Post
Check out the Vienna and Villagio facebook group. There is a files section with one on the firefly unit itself. There are also solar posts. Apparently there is a set up which needs to be done or it won't charge. A lot of good info/knowledge, especially on newer units.
I cannot find this FB page. Help please.
elizabethcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 06:31 AM   #150

Search for Vienna and villagio by Renegade RV.... And you should find it. Message me again if you come up empty.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:59 AM   #151

2017 villagio new fridge

Hey everyone we have a 2017 villagio and so far love it! We love the smaller size and quick setup and brakedown.. we have 3 kids that travel with us and have no issues with space at all. I just recently replace the small crappy single door fridge with a new 12v double door. Next change I will be doing is upgrading the cooktop. Don't like the burner layout or performance.
muddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 03:54 PM   #152

We have a 2016 Vienna and have used it a lot and enjoyed it immensely. Hipslider
Hipslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:38 AM   #153

Villagio owner!!
I agree we are a very small group would love to hear stories of what people have done to their units though.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:48 AM   #154

Angry Still Happy After All These Years

We purchased our 2015 Villiago "new" in Sept. of 2016 after we "broke" our TT coming back from Alaska/Yukon Territories. Our ultimate goal was a small self-contained unit but we thought we had a couple of years on the TT. Fortunately we bought the extended warranty because we have really needed it! Despite various issues, we have used it extensively and love it. We recently received a generous offer to sell it (legitimate) and it did give us pause. We decided that we would have a hard time finding something that we like better and it would cost the world. We tow a small Jeep and DO NOT take the Villiagio it off-road but hooking and unhooking the Jeep is so fast and easy that we still don't miss any adventure that pops up.
elizabethcar is offline   Reply With Quote