Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:48 PM   #155

2021 Vienna RMC

My first RV and very pleased w quality of build so far. The MB diesel has great torque and 17-18 mpg on the flat.
One recall to add a heat shield to exhaust was done. Regen cycle was melting a few cargo bins I read.
I test drive another Sprinter that had been modded w Koni shocks and Sumo Springs. Big difference and I had it done. Should be your first improvement imo.
Drives like a dream w little buffeting and sway.
Love the Truma. Truly great long hot showers on city water.
Slide is trouble free and creates a large room when it goes our 4 feet. You can entertain 4 adults easily but probably sleeps 2 best unless someone takes a recliner or climbs to the bunk.
No dash DVD to feed TV so added one behind the Samsung.
Getting outside TV to play was frustrating due to lack of info.
Had to do some exploring to find bypasses for water heater and water filter. All good tho.
I installed an extra fan in reefer. Ice cubes overnight.
Wished it had a gravity fill.
Wanted a portable bbq grill that would fit in cargo bay and that took some searching. Also a propane fire pit. I need to get some knee pads for accessing this stuff.
Only thing to fail at 8 mo. is the lid on bathroom Maxxair fan, although still can raise manually.
Inverter 1200 is too small to run a coffee pot. No biggie. 2022 has a 2000 watt.
Firefly controls are great.
MB display is beautiful and big.
Distronic cruise is great. Lane keeping assist helpful. Wished it had blind spot detection but none seem to have.
Overall a great getaway vehicle.
Rebel823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2022, 09:53 AM   #156

Ya, I'm here with my 2014 Villagio. Getting ready to attend the rally in Arizona and meet other owners. I sat on the sidelines for nine years after selling my Class A Holiday Rambler Navigator. Still trying to adjust to downsizing. I miss the Aquahot heating system the most.
Roger
Restintexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 02:40 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel823 View Post
My first RV and very pleased w quality of build so far. The MB diesel has great torque and 17-18 mpg on the flat.
One recall to add a heat shield to exhaust was done. Regen cycle was melting a few cargo bins I read.
I test drive another Sprinter that had been modded w Koni shocks and Sumo Springs. Big difference and I had it done. Should be your first improvement imo.
Drives like a dream w little buffeting and sway.
Love the Truma. Truly great long hot showers on city water.
Slide is trouble free and creates a large room when it goes our 4 feet. You can entertain 4 adults easily but probably sleeps 2 best unless someone takes a recliner or climbs to the bunk.
No dash DVD to feed TV so added one behind the Samsung.
Getting outside TV to play was frustrating due to lack of info.
Had to do some exploring to find bypasses for water heater and water filter. All good tho.
I installed an extra fan in reefer. Ice cubes overnight.
Wished it had a gravity fill.
Wanted a portable bbq grill that would fit in cargo bay and that took some searching. Also a propane fire pit. I need to get some knee pads for accessing this stuff.
Only thing to fail at 8 mo. is the lid on bathroom Maxxair fan, although still can raise manually.
Inverter 1200 is too small to run a coffee pot. No biggie. 2022 has a 2000 watt.
Firefly controls are great.
MB display is beautiful and big.
Distronic cruise is great. Lane keeping assist helpful. Wished it had blind spot detection but none seem to have.
Overall a great getaway vehicle.
Please tell me about you fail with the Maxxair fan lid. I think I might be headed for the same problem, it needs help opening here and there but closes just fine.
JoeRider677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:46 AM   #158

Rally in Arizona? Tell me more.

Is this a Villiagio/Vienna rally? We need to go to AZ in June. Please tell me more. lizzie
elizabethcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 05:16 AM   #159

What are the tv HDMI cables connected to??

Does anyone know where the installed HDMI cables to the TV's go. I'm unable to find what they're connected to, I thought it might be for the dash DVD to play but it is not and then I thought it was just interconnected between the 2 which is what I need and they are not. Any help would be great. 2017 villagio
muddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 02:43 PM   #160

I am looking at changing from a class b storyteller mode to a vienna (dealer is really pushing them so I am a little wary) and am wondering if people are generally happy with that choice. I am also looking at the ltv wonder and the view/navion. It is just me and sometimes another person and two dogs -but this was too much for the storyteller to be comfortable. I am concerned about the cargo weight limits and the quality/responsiveness of the manufacturer
milo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:57 AM   #161

Village renegade 2017 sprinter

Hello, we have the Renegade villagio it's on a sprinter frame. We bought it used and have had it for about a year. I made some upgrades but we are extremely happy with it. The sprinter has tons of power, it's up to 70 in a flash.. it's roomy enough for me my wife and 2 kids sometimes even a friend. We really want the bed above the driver and hydraulic levelers but maybe in a couple years.
muddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:11 AM   #162

The lid would not raise more than a quarter inch. Was told to clean rain sensor. Didn’t help. Then the fan also stopped. It’s currently in for warranty replacement but taking a long time for parts.
Rebel823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:56 PM   #163

2016 Villagio

Re: milo222We bought a dealer demo 2016 Villagio 25HAB end of 2017 while traveling in MI after older Leisure Travel broke down too many times. After getting home to TX and discovering some major warranty issues (dealer in MI NOT helpful), TX dealer, M-B dealer and Renegade EXTREMELY understanding and stepped up to resolve everything. All seems great now, trips to CA, Nova Scotia, Glacier Natíl. Park no problems at all ! Fits me, wife, 2 large dogs just fine. Would DEFINITELY recommend Renegade!
TXROADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:58 PM   #164

Thanks for the information. Now to see if they come out with a twin bed model like someone showed on a youtube video from the tampa supershow (I think that was it)
Old 05-11-2022, 06:38 PM   #165

We have a 2015 Villliago (bought new in 2016), with twin beds. That is the reason we bought it. We have been on several three to four month long trips and love it. We tow a two-door Jeep with canoe racks which gives us extra space for our sports gearl.
elizabethcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #166

Thanks for the info. I think I have decided on the vienna murphy bed - now to figure out whether to wait or try getting dealerships to a non-insane selling price right now. Probably the start of summer is not the best time to negotiate - hopefully they will be willing soon