Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:15 AM   #57

We haven't seen it in our VHAB. I did confirm the condensation for the AC comes out a tube in the left wheel well. Definitely would get a call into service though for this.

The Sprinter contact I have at Renegade is;

Glen Holmes
Warranty / Tech Support
Renegade RV/REV Group
574-966-0210
Gholmes@renegaderv.com
Onemorexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2017, 06:09 AM   #58

We had ours done last week. I find that the plates are too thick and they have a "hard" time rolling out over the seal. Personally, I am going to take off the larger plate and replace with a smaller one. I won't have anyone riding there so not to worry. I'm afraid the large plate will get stuck or ruin the seal.
Hennessy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:17 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
Hennessy,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the plates are large but mine seem to pass the rubber seal without too much problem. My larger concern is the unevenness of rd slide when fully retracted. The bottom is out about 3/4 of an inch further than the top. I thought the plates may be binding but they are not. In looking under the retracted slide I noticed there were no rollers on the front of the couch or or sides of the room so it is unsupported except for the Schwintek rails that run rr slide in and out. Do you have rollers under the “front” of the couch? If there is no support
It seems to me the weight of room would put a tremendous amount of pressure on the worm gear rails, possibly causing the misalignment.
Is your room “square” top to bottom when retracted after the recall was completed?
Thanks!
Stan
Old 11-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #60

Purchasing a 2018 Vienna MBS from Fretz in PA. Have some questions that I was hoping to get answered.
1. Towing...is anyone towing on this unit and what system are you using. heard that the demco tow dolly is the simplest. will it work on the Vienna?
2. Additional solar panel...has anyone put another 1 or even 2 solar panels on the roof. does it help keep the batteries charged faster? Opinions please.
3. Winegard Road Trip...any opinions whether its worth it? Was looking for HD coverage.
4. Extended warranty coverage thru Compass/AGWS...good or Good Sam better?
5. Any opinions on the 2018 Vienna besides the ones I have read about on this site?

These are the final questions before I sign on the dotted line. Getting excited. Thanks.
Eastender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #61

nvm cancelled the purchase.
Eastender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #62

Purchased new 2016 Renegade Villagio 25 HAB. LOVE the floor plan. Ours has an approx. 24x36 table and bench seats, which we prefer, no TV trays, solid 6" thick foam single piece Murphy bed, great bath area. After some warranty issues were ironed out (WONDERFUL responses from Renegade and local MB Sprinter dealer), we are ready for a good summer '18 trip to Nova Scotia! Question tho: front basement storage on curb side has wet mat, can't seem to locate any leak area, could it be condensation? How come other bays aren't wet?? Any ideas? Thanks for responses.
TXROADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:16 AM   #63

Ours had the same problem in both the front bay and in the rear bay same side. I drilled two small holes in the bottom edge and this seemed to help. It could only be condensation since nothing else is in the area. Hope that helps.
Hennessy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #64

We purchased 2017 Vienna this past August and completed 8,400 mile trip to the east coast. We also went to the factory in Indiana, was great to see just how they put them all together and the quality materials used. We had some small issues come forth. Our awning came loose while we were parked. Renegade said have a tec come to the park and fix, they reimbursed us after we returned home. Only have one other issue, our shower floor has cracked, they are replacing for us. Other than that we are having fun in our Renegade planning a trip to Oregon and Washington this summer. Everything seems to be working.
Desertsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:14 PM   #65

Our 2016 has a 3 way reefer. Automatically goes from shore power to LP. Will only go to 12v upon manual switch over.
gchapell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #66

Hennessy12

Water in storage bay
My 2015 unit has serious condensation in storage bay on passengers side. Has anybody else had this problem. I searched the bay and there are not any holes or leaks for water to get inside. Nothing was stored inside the bay. Just trying to find a solution for this problem. Any thoughts would be helpful.:

We have had that problem too. Found that there is a vertical aluminum trim along the left side of the entry door that moves down on its own resulting in a gap between the side piece and the top horizontal piece. It's my theory that this allows rain water to enter, run down this channel and enter somewhere around the top where the door seal is. I tap it up to it's proper position tucked under the horizontal piece and all is good. It then migrates down eventually. I plan to redo and put a little caulking at the top to lock it in better/longer. Good luck.
gchapell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #67

Tiffin Owners Club
Vienna Battery Issue

Just took the cover off our 2016 Vienna. Getting some things ready for a 4,000+ mile spring trip. ANYWAY.....I reconnected the battery for the chassis which is the cable adjacent to the accelerator and it started just fine. I then went to "reconnect" the coach batteries by activating the rocker switch near the steps and nothing. After about a minute or 2 with the engine running and a few attempts at the rocker switch finally I was successful. Light on the switch illuminated and everything seemed to work correctly. The battery was reading 14.1v on the inverter panel and the solar control panel as well with the engine running. I turned the engine off and the readings were 12.3v/12.4v. All the lights still were on but I only tested that for a minute. I didn't try any other electrical loads.

It seems quite odd to me that there was the delay in the the disconnect reconnecting? I am concerned that the batteries were drained and they got enough of a charge from the motor running to finally reach a level that they would power the coach.

This is quite frustrating as I had the batteries replaced in September of 2017 due to a similar issue. They were dead. Renegade was FABULous in helping and paying for the new batteries. The repair shop tested and retested to determine of there was a load on the batteries when the disconnect switch was activated but could not find anything.

Can anybody shed some light on this? It seems to me that the coach batteries are either on or off. There should not be a minute delay when the switch is activated. It "normally" works instantly.

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Stan and Janice
Old 02-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #68

Thumbs up Water in Storage Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchapell View Post
Hennessy12

Water in storage bay
My 2015 unit has serious condensation in storage bay on passengers side. Has anybody else had this problem. I searched the bay and there are not any holes or leaks for water to get inside. Nothing was stored inside the bay. Just trying to find a solution for this problem. Any thoughts would be helpful.:

We have had that problem too. Found that there is a vertical aluminum trim along the left side of the entry door that moves down on its own resulting in a gap between the side piece and the top horizontal piece. It's my theory that this allows rain water to enter, run down this channel and enter somewhere around the top where the door seal is. I tap it up to it's proper position tucked under the horizontal piece and all is good. It then migrates down eventually. I plan to redo and put a little caulking at the top to lock it in better/longer. Good luck.
I put a bead of clear silicone (should be in every toolkit along with duct tape) along the underside horizontal joint where the compartment box meets the frame behind the door. So far there has not been any more moisture in the compartment. Keeping fingers crossed...
2016 Villagio 25HAB
Old 02-16-2018, 06:37 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROADR View Post
I put a bead of clear silicone (should be in every toolkit along with duct tape) along the underside horizontal joint where the compartment box meets the frame behind the door. So far there has not been any more moisture in the compartment. Keeping fingers crossed...
2016 Villagio 25HAB
I had water in bay just in front of rear wheels. Found that the lights inside all bays have holes drilled in top for wiring. Never caulked. Water kicked up by tires on top of bays leaks in thru lights. Caulked holes and all is well.
myvillagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #70

Water in Storage Bay & Spare Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by myvillagio View Post
I had water in bay just in front of rear wheels. Found that the lights inside all bays have holes drilled in top for wiring. Never caulked. Water kicked up by tires on top of bays leaks in thru lights. Caulked holes and all is well.
I did the same to all bays, should be water tight now! Another question: Did anyone's Villagio come with a spare tire?

2003 LTV 20' Freedom 2A - sold 2017
2016 Villagio 25HAB