Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #1

Renegade Villagio thoughts?

I saw a Renegade Villagio, and liked the looks of it from the outside, and look at it further on the internet, and find my self impressed, by their interior looks, and floor plans.
Any opinions??
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #2

Did you end up buying a Renegade? We are seriously looking at one and really like it. Is there anyone that has purchased one and any feedback?
Woody2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2012 View Post
Did you end up buying a Renegade? We are seriously looking at one and really like it. Is there anyone that has purchased one and any feedback?
Nope, I am still shopping, still like the Villagio. we are in no hurry..
Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #4

Well after having thoughts for days we have decided on a Renegade Villagio. Very excited to take ownership and test it out. Talked with a gentleman tonite and he is very very pleased with the Renegade. Ill give updates !!!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2012 View Post
Well after having thoughts for days we have decided on a Renegade Villagio. Very excited to take ownership and test it out. Talked with a gentleman tonite and he is very very pleased with the Renegade. Ill give updates !!!
Looking forward to hearing about it, congratulations!!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #6

We purchased a Villagio 25HAB (Hide a Bed) late May 2014. Since then we have driven it over 9000 miles. The RV has performed exceptionally. No problems caused by the manufacturer. I have, however, managed to put some dings on it. We love this RV. It is easy to drive and maneuver. My average mileage so far is 16.5 mpg. We took this vehicle on some steep, unimproved roads and no cabinet doors or drawers opened. All fixtures have worked fine. By the way, I'm 6'3" and I fit in the shower with no problems. The queen bed is very comfortable. I purchased this RV from Indian Valley Camping Center, located in Souderton, PA. Our experience with the folks there has been stellar. They say what they are going to do, then do it. It's that simple.
leber8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #7

We are looking at 24-26' and have really been confused. What made you choose this over the other Winnebago and Itasca models? Thanks!
carladonohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:44 AM   #8

Renegade Villagio

The things that r choice to the renegade was quality of build, comfort of the queen size bed, the open space available due to the storage of the tables,
leber8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carladonohue View Post
We are looking at 24-26' and have really been confused. What made you choose this over the other Winnebago and Itasca models? Thanks!
The things we liked about the Villagio over the other brands was first the quality. Renegade puts the same quality in the Villagio as they do there big stuff. The Villagio has 50 AMP hookup. Comfort of queen side bed was a lot better than competition. They have 2 stabilizers on the coach that retract down to give the coach stability while parked. Just seemed like a better built RV. We are going to the Good Sams Rally the end of February and will be able to give a lot more info after that. We have taken the Villagio to North Carolina and very pleased so far.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
We just took delivery of a new Villagio HAB model (hide a bed). We are seasoned RV'ers coming out of a large class A. We were looking for something to get us from A to B but no longer planning on living in the rig for months at a time. Hence the much smaller rig.
We chose this as it has the most usable bathroom and reasonably good quality build. Era etc were too small, View etc were bigger than we wanted to use. Overall impressions are as follows:
Storage: Good for it's size, some of it needs slide trays. Electronics and waterlines from water heater are exposed in the back of the sink cabinet.
Outside storage: Minimal, but about as expected for the small rig. Wish the doors went all the way up,getting too old to kneel on the ground.
Fit and finish: Inside, I'd give it high marks, outside, a mid grade mark, plenty of blemishes to see up close.
Sound: The build is fairly solid, side door noise is the most obvious issue.
Electrical: Pretty solid build, though I was surprised there was no inverter on board. Coach batteries are stashed in a tight little cabinet, thank goodness they are no maintenance types, you'd have to disconnect them and pull them out to service them. Chassis battery is typical sprinter set up, hard to get to. A big plus, Renegade included some sort of charger for the chassis battery, haven't found it yet, but know it's working. The Jensen TV is 12 volt model, so good for boondocking. We wished there was some sort of sconce lighting or mood lighting, seems to be either full on daylight brite or dark.
Bathroom: Roomiest shower in the class. Bottom flap needs work, it allows water to escape. Vessel sink looks nice, but less practical than it looks. Cabinet counter is lowered to accommodate sink, less storage etc. Wardrobe cabinet is roomy for this size coach.
Kitchen: We like the Euro style sink and range, don't really cook much so gives us extra counter space. Lot's of cabinet space a plus. Stowed TV tables a nice touch.
Bed: Reasonably good hide a bed. Foam cushions inadequate cushioning from the support strapping below. Plan on adding a memory foam topper or other support. Our old RV had a blow up mattress in the sofa, a much better sleeping surface.
Cab: I won't comment on this as it is standard sprinter fare. One day, somebody is going to wake up and learn that a wonderful espar heater is available on the sprinter and would be a wonderful appliance to work into the RV heating system. Burns diesel fuel which is much more easily replaced than LP gas. Add a couple more batteries where the LP tank is and do away with the LP. Use the espar in conjunction with electric to handle hot water needs. Imagine underfloor heat, and diesel powered hot water.
Looking underneath, the finish is clean and neat. The under surface of the floor appears to be well sealed and water tight. Should work well over time. The coach seems to be well balanced and not overweight, even though we had it loaded pretty good.
I like the stabilizers, something I would have done myself if not included with the coach. If you can get it close to level using blocks, the stabilizers will extend and minimize the rocking. I suspect fuel economy will be similar to other sprinter rigs, a bit better than the navion/view and a bit worse than the van conversions.
The accent lighting underneath the coach is a nice touch. Keeps critters at bay, easy to approach at night and looks very cool. Doesn't seem to attract bugs like a wall light does. Any questions, let me know.
Grn_Mtn_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:56 PM   #11

Took delivery of our 2015 Villagio HAB 2 weeks ago. Traded in a 2012 40ft allegro bus so was a big change for us. So far we are very pleased with the room inside and out side storage. We had already ajusted our minds as what to expect as for as space and no surprises. Webought the villagio over the other class b+ rv's because of quality of coach and the big bathroom.
Fblack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #12

Have a 2016 QRS on order going to be a long summer waiting
wade5979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #13

Carolina Campers
We took delivery of our 2016 HAB on May 30, 2015. We previously have had an 07 PleasureWay Plateau (19K miles), an '08 Fleetwood Pulse (also Sprinter and 92+K miles), a T@B teardrop trailer (adorable and retro and my husband could not stand up in it...sold it a couple weeks ago), and a 2013 PleasureWay Pursuit. We thought the Pursuit was our very last RV we would ever want/need until we saw the Villagio.. So far we have had about 7 nights camping..have a couple glitches to work out (the underbody light strip fell out of the front casing the forst couple days we had it, the main door very very VERY hard to open and close, and a couple days ago my husband opened a compartment and the strut had ripped out of the compartment door. He had to remove it to shut the door..) But one thing we have discovered is that Renegade is very Customer Service oriented.. our dealer is nearly 2 hours away and we have a local RV repair service (the guy is EXCELLENT ) 5 minutes from us. We called Renegade to approve him fixing the underbody light strip since it is so far to our dealer (and the dealer is so slow to respond) and now he is approved to do our warranty work...SO convenient. That makes a huge difference to us.. No struggle, no issue.
We love the bathroom.. the vessel sink is perfect for me.. leaves lots of counter space around it for make up, lotions, etc. We love our galley area in the HAB model, and the extra counter across from the HideA Bed sofa is wonderful for preparing our dogs' food and was great for our grandkid's tablet and game storage this week at the beach! OH! and YES! we had my husband and myself, our 4 longhaired dachshunds and our 8 and 9 year old grandsons in the Villagio..the kids slept on the floor on camp mats and sleeping bags.. no problem and lots of inside storage for all the kid gear. For us, ne of the main reasons to go Villagio over other Sprinter models was the large CCC. Because of lighter weight cabinetry, we can carry more 'stuff'. This was a problem with our Fleetwood Pulse on Sprinter chassis...we were constantly worried about being overweight..(the slide and cabinets were so heavy!)
We have the tankless hotwater..not sure we have that quite figured out yet..we are either scalding or freezing in the shower but we will get it straight..
I have a question...is there a Villagio specific forum, Yahoo group, or Facebook page?
Thanks!
Karyl McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:54 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
I haven't found any specific Renegade forum. Your floor plan is same as ours. We too have had many RV's over the years, with the last being a big tiffin pusher. We decided to quit living in RV for our winter trips and just use it for travel. Very much a lighter load in many ways.
Good to hear about the manufacturer's attitude, as there are no Renegade dealers in Vermont. Haven't had any issues I couldn't take care of so no real interaction with them. I am going to take a look at the lights underneath, maybe add a few zip ties.

I added a nice cargo box on the hitch from stowaway. White, large and water tight. I have trouble using the storage underneath, doors don't open and I hate crawling under the slide.

I swapped out the cheesey charger for a good charger/inverter.
Enjoy